Options

3 things occured last night that I had never seen before . .

2»

Comments

• Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    3 Things PJ will do @ the Philly shows
    1. play music
    2. play more music
    3. play more better music :mrgreen:
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    GirlInRedGirlInRed Posts: 166
    Ah ...this is why they love playing New York!!!
    Fans appreciate them and there's not as many
    " frat boys types" who tend to drink too much and get loud
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • Options
    lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    GirlInRed wrote:
    Ah ...this is why they love playing New York!!!
    Fans appreciate them and there's not as many
    " frat boys types" who tend to drink too much and get loud

I don't know about that. I saw EV at the Beacon Street Theatre and this chick was so drunk and loud and disrespectful, she was actually removed. And people were talking, texting, leaving their seats constantly that I wanted to tell them all to STFU and stay in their seats.
  • Options
    amw101282amw101282 Wisconsin Posts: 185
    it is annoying. i go there to see pearl jam. its cool to interact with the crowd & meet fellow fans but im mainly there for the show so im mostly focused on the stage. i know the fans are a huge part of the atmosphere but i sometimes feel like some of em look to make a spectacle of themselves or "hey look at me" craving attention. people's attention are pretty short these days. at pj20 the crowd was completely into it around me. but at wrigley we had a lot of annoying people around us that werent really into it. i feel your pain. i will say eddies vocals at wrigley were strong and lound enough to not get drown out by the crowd. i wanna hear eddie not the crowd. its cool when his vocals arent buried in th all the background noise. that's something gets on my nerves when vocals are lost in the mixed or not high enough to carry over the crowd. end of rant, good to vent i susspose.
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
  • Options
    f-bombf-bomb Posts: 99
    GetRight13 wrote:
    another thing that pisses me off about this is these people eat up all the tickets then do this at the shows where alot of us who truley love the band get shut out of tickets. If you are gonna turn your back to the stage, yell at the singer to shut up and play or chant go home. You shouldnt be there. Watch the DVDs or something or wait for the boots. Leave the shows to people who actually want to be there

You nailed it.

Ain't it funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind?
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Hopper wrote:
    Unfortunately I think Eddie talks to much during the shows.

the best part of Ed's solo shows is listening to him talk and interact, albeit one-way, with the crowd...

and it connects you to the band when he does it at PJ shows...

i personally don't understand how anyone could NOT want that...

Spoken as truth! I've seen many other artist live and I've always felt the Ed ramblings is part of what makes seeing them live so special. The interaction (however one way it is) is what connects the crowd with the band and when everyone is on the same page it creates those magical moments we've all experienced at a PJ show. This just doesn't happen all that often when I go see other bands live.

Other bands I feel have that similar chemistry going on with their fan base and live shows are: Wilco, Ben Harper, The Black Crowes and Grace Potter.

RM
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,642
    RE: Worcester I

Last night was a wonderful show but I must admit the show dragged a bit . . . It was my 45th and I had a wonderful time. I say it dragged because of the newer slower songs and Ed's talking in between songs. The show came to a grinding halt each time he told a story . . . I'm used to this stuff and I enjoyed myself, albeit I must admit he was more chatty this time than my previous shows. With that said, here are the 3 things I saw last night that I could not imagine seeing at a PJ show.

1. Empty seats all over the lower bowl. I was in section 109 and my friend and I had about 7 seats to ourselves. I imagine many people went to the floor, but its was a strange sight.

2. Two girls a couple rows away talking to their friends while sitting/leaning on the chairs in front of them with their backs turned to the stage! I couldn't believe it. It was Section 109 and they must have been ten clubbers. It happened during Man of the Hour, Yellow Moon, Fatal. Ok I get those are slow/rare/new songs, and I imagine Ed's talking in between didn't hold their attention, but Really? Talking and texting with your back to the stage, almost blasphemy!

3. Two guys in front of me, two other guys in front of them, and one guy behind me all yelling at Ed through out the show to "shut the f**k up" and "shut up and sing" Whoa! In section 109 (ten club territory) I never really heard people being so harsh on our beloved singer. As I mentioned he talked a lot last night and the show dragged partly because of that but to yell like that=Blasphemy!

All in all, it was a strange night; It was a 3 hour show and it certainly felt like it. The boys are not as young as they used to be and I think they tried to pace themselves and having a minute or two between songs probably helps, although the energy and momentum is a bit lost. As for the venue: the Worcester DCU center totally sucks. One entrance in, beer lines so long, that a friend of mine missed 4 1/2 songs just to get a soda, I never attempted to even get a drink or food, that place is a joke, to small and it has a horrible echo. . .

And alas, here I go again into that crap hole called the DCU tonight hope everyone has a great show and I hope I don't see this stuff again, but I think things are changing at PJ shows and they are changing before my eyes . . .

Sadly, this is nothing new. I witnessed the same things at the spectrum shows in '09. It all depends where you are and who's around you I suppose. Ive been seeing this band for 15 years now and hadn't had a bad live experience until '08, but that's not to say this stuff hasn't been happening before, cause I'm sure it has...but I will say that cell phones and social media haven't helped the environment at concerts.