Options

Petition Leatherman II

fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
edited August 2013 in The Porch
I won't be in the shows in the US and Australia, but since petitioning is the thing to do, I would go for Leatherman II. Since this song has been mentioned somewhere, it tickled my imagination. Any of the supposed outtakes would be good though. I remember the adrenaline when they played OTE. Here was a song that was not "new", but - since it was known as an outtake - I was dying to hear. I was amazed by the beauty and structure of the song and it truly gave the show something unique. (And the band has the chance to figure out which songs hit with the audiences - win win for everyone.)

So for all my fellow fans in North America and Australia, I will petition for any of the songs below:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=194748
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    What is Leatherman II ?
  • Options
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    What is Leatherman II ?

It was a song that Ed mentiones somewhere that he wrote. Supposedly two versions were written of Leatherman (b-side to Yield). See the link in previous post.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I wouldn't mind hearing it as long as it's not something like Unforgiven 2 (not even a big fan of Lukin II).

BUT it would also be cool to hear Leatherman some more in general, the original. It was great in Chicago. I had never heard it live before. Very fun and they sounded good, must have practiced it a bit.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind hearing it as long as it's not something like Unforgiven 2 (not even a big fan of Lukin II).

BUT it would also be cool to hear Leatherman some more in general, the original. It was great in Chicago. I had never heard it live before. Very fun and they sounded good, must have practiced it a bit.

I doubt it will be Unforgiven 2 (and you forget Unforgiven 3 :lol: ). It is probably a slower version than 1. But still, it is mentioned, I would like to hear it.

And I like Lukin 2. Especially the string session.