Options

Faithful is slowly becoming my favorite PJ song

jlwhite1076jlwhite1076 Posts: 164
edited August 2013 in The Porch
I know it sounds weird, put damn do they do such a great job live with it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hell yeah! I love this song.
  • Options
    Great song. I love that guitar jam before the final chorus.
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I know it sounds weird, put damn do they do such a great job live with it.

isn't weird at all. Not my all time fave but has always been up there. Really started shooting up my personal charts after the Philly I 2009 performance. Then the sound check in PJ 20 movie.

I play it on the jukebox at the bar each time I walk in
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    Faithful has always been kind of a 'middle of the pack' type song for me...never was bummed when it wanst included in a set list, was generally OK when it was, as a good mid-tempo type rocker with good energy from the boys.

However...on the morning of the Wrigley show, for some reason I woke up humming the melody and singing along in my head. All morning as we toured around Chicago (went to the Shedd Aquarium that morning/afternoon) it was stuck in my head. Told my wife "This is weird, but I think they will play this one tonight at Wrigley"...and guess what? FAITHFUL!!

So now it will always have a special place for me in my personal Pearl Jam stories as a 'premonition' and part of the soon to be legandary Wrigley 'experience'. 8-)
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    "slowly becoming"

what took you so long?

It is one of their best...imo. Great sound..Great Lyrics. Intro, Outro...awesome riff in between
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    iisee wrote:
    Faithful has always been kind of a 'middle of the pack' type song for me...never was bummed when it wanst included in a set list, was generally OK when it was, as a good mid-tempo type rocker with good energy from the boys.

However...on the morning of the Wrigley show, for some reason I woke up humming the melody and singing along in my head. All morning as we toured around Chicago (went to the Shedd Aquarium that morning/afternoon) it was stuck in my head. Told my wife "This is weird, but I think they will play this one tonight at Wrigley"...and guess what? FAITHFUL!!

So now it will always have a special place for me in my personal Pearl Jam stories as a 'premonition' and part of the soon to be legandary Wrigley 'experience'. 8-)

Wrigley really got me to. Went back to several of my boots and listened and it is magical live. IMO
  • Options
    11-25-09 NZ show version is really strong.
  • Options
    Maybe one off the very view that I like the studio more than live.

Maybe.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    lostalias wrote:
    Hell yeah! I love this song.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    One of my all time favorites! I was thrilled when they played it at PJ20, and when Ed was talking about all of us fans while they played it at Wrigley, I got choked up a little!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016