fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
edited August 2013 in The Porch
So what have we learned between 90 and 80 days:

- we have seen the cover of the new album
- we know it's title
- we heard three songs: MYM, LB and FD

What have we learned between 80 and 70 days:

- The Mike McReady wrote the music for MYM
- That he came up with the title of the song (unclear)
- That the album took 1.5 years to make over two sessions
- That the song Sirens is confirmed
- That there are songs on the album that are over 5 minutes and that BOB consider some of the songs "deep"; at least more in-depth than BS.
- That there is also a song on there with the elusive title "Infallible-or something"

Persistent rumor:

- One Uke song will appear on the album

If I forget something, just let me know...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What we've learned between 60 and 70 days: that 69 will always be funny.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I learned that we are surrounded by a bunch of whiny, self-entitled, bitchy folks..

watch out, there could be one nearby!

I learned that positivity always wins whilst dealing with these people..

I learned that people love to make grand exits, grand entries, and they are usually both loaded with complaints.. :D

I learned that I am one happy camper these days!! :D:D

Bring on LIGHTNING BOLT!! :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    What we've learned between 60 and 70 days: that 69 will always be funny.

Hahahahah
    Caveeze wrote:
    I learned that we are surrounded by a bunch of whiny, self-entitled, bitchy folks..

watch out, there could be one nearby!

I learned that positivity always wins whilst dealing with these people..

I learned that people love to make grand exits, grand entries, and they are usually both loaded with complaints.. :D

I learned that I am one happy camper these days!! :D:D

Bring on LIGHTNING BOLT!! :D

And true...
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    I don't believe it is confirmed Mike wrote Mind Your Manners. In the video he talks about some guitar parts he came up with, but it may have a collaborative song. Also, I thought he said Ed came up with the title.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    according to BOB didn't the album take 3 years to make with two different 1.5 year recording sessions?

we also know its a 12 song track list
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    sparky_fry wrote:
    according to BOB didn't the album take 3 years to make with two different 1.5 year recording sessions?

we also know its a 12 song track list

no, two sessions about a year and a half apart.. the first was about 6 weeks.. not sure about the second..
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    I don't believe it is confirmed Mike wrote Mind Your Manners. In the video he talks about some guitar parts he came up with, but it may have a collaborative song. Also, I thought he said Ed came up with the title.

Mike is credited for the music. Ed is credited for the lyrics. I agree on the video it is unclear where the title cames from. (He literally says: "ït came with the lyrics MYM".) There was a post right after that stating that Ed worked around this title. If this is true or just an intepretation, I don't know. Each songs is a collaboration at some point. The music however is def. Mike's; he says specifically that he wanted to *write* (emphasis) a Dead Kennedy's kind of song, and that Jeff came with the baseline.