Options

hyatt in chicago

inmyohiotreeinmyohiotree Posts: 329
edited July 2013 in The Porch
I know someone who works at Hyatt in Chicago and I received a call that the Hyatt had a major gliche in reservation department and overbooked by 300 rooms. So I'm just giving you heads up in case you booked there. They are trying to relocate over 300 rooms. I got bumped out and will be driving back to Ohio after show.
Brooklyn 1,2 13
Chicago EV 08 11 13
Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
Cincinatti 06
Columbus 00 03 10
Detroit 06 EV 11 14
Grand Rapids 06
Hershey 03
Jacksonville EV 12
Moline 14
Montreal 05
Milwaukee EV 08
Nobelsville 03
Ottawa 05
Pittsburgh 06 13
Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    Hyatt Regency???

Damn, I hope not. I have a room booked there for 2 nights and it's going to suck to try to find somewhere else to stay at this point...
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Which Hyatt??
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    The Hyatt on Wacker? Are they doing courtesy calls and informing those that would be affected?
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    Ahhh fuck. I just booked through Expedia. I'm only staying there on Thursday. Do you know which days are affected?
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Someone should call the Hyatt to check. This seems a little odd.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    over-reaction theater here.

just checked my res and all is fine. Person at the front desk knew nothing about a "glitch" .
  • Options
    TrueReligionTrueReligion Posts: 134
    my room is still good....just checked
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    Also called and spoke to the Hyatt @ Wacker. All good on our stay Thur/Fri/Sat night. No worries.
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    You all can probably stop calling them now.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    I believe its McCormick Place
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    hyperballadxhyperballadx Posts: 138
    I booked my room Friday to Saturday and called yesterday to confirm. They said everything was fine, and actually gave me a confirmation number.

The conversation was actually quite funny.

Me: "So, I had read somewhere that there was a glitch in your system, so you may have overbooked your hotel for Friday the 19"
    Front Desk: "Wait, whaaat? WHAT THE HELL, you're like the third person so call about this...what theeee...hold onn"
    Me: :fp:

-10Club problems :lol:
  • Options
    shine79shine79 Posts: 49
    I received an email yesterday that they were bumping me to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.
    They've offered to cover the cost of the night, including taxes, but I'm not impressed at all.

So whether there was a glitch in the system, or they are intentionally bumping people, I'm not sure, but I'm one of the unlucky ones.
    06.19.98 Vancouver | 11.06.00 Seattle | 05.30.03 Vancouver | 09.25.09 Vancouver
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    shine79 wrote:
    I received an email yesterday that they were bumping me to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.
    They've offered to cover the cost of the night, including taxes, but I'm not impressed at all.

So whether there was a glitch in the system, or they are intentionally bumping people, I'm not sure, but I'm one of the unlucky ones.
    That sucks. Which Hyatt were you originally booked at? There are a few different Hyatts in Chicago.
    Not that I'm worried. I got a courtesy confirmation email last week for my stay at the one on E. Wacker, which I booked 6 months ago.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shine79shine79 Posts: 49
    It's the Hyatt Regency on Wacker that's bumped me. I booked back in March..
    06.19.98 Vancouver | 11.06.00 Seattle | 05.30.03 Vancouver | 09.25.09 Vancouver
  • Options
    shine79 wrote:
    It's the Hyatt Regency on Wacker that's bumped me. I booked back in March..
    Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Well, I guess on the bright side you don't have to pay for the room! But I understand why you're disappointed. Seems pretty strange that they messed up like that. I bet those only staying one or two nights would be the first people they'd bump.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I'm still looking for a place to stay Tuesday/Wednesday...anyone looking to save some $ and split a room? Trying to cut down the cost of this trip a little!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    Called this morning to double check our reservation and it is still OK. We booked in January so I'm hoping we got in early enough to avoid any problems.

SUCKS that this is happening to people!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    We are also staying there...I called the other day....Everything is good with our reservation..
  • Options
    So this is off topic, but I don't want to start another thread about this hotel.... Who's still into meeting for drinks at the hotel Thursday night? I totally am; I probably won't show up until maybe 9pm... How will I find the PJ people I wonder? Should I just look for Pearl Jam T-shirts? :P Does everyone want to meet up in the Big Bar, or the smaller Irish-type pub? Big Bar has pretty damn expensive drinks (although assume that the beer at least is somewhat reasonable - they don't list the prices for that I don't think). Not sure about the pub; I haven't checked. Thoughts people?

See everyone there! Of course it would be cool if people staying nearby but not at the Hyatt could swing by too! :)
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    I'm still looking for a place to stay Tuesday/Wednesday...anyone looking to save some $ and split a room? Trying to cut down the cost of this trip a little!
    I would offer man, but I'm not in until Thursday! Good luck!
  • Options
    Mine was at Wacker also.....oh well at least I'm going to wrigley
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Most hotels (meaning physical location of the hotel) only get the reservations a few days out. Corporate might know about a possible glitch but not the physical hotel desk.

Then again, we are a few days out so they should be getting the res in the hotel system very soon if it's not already.

If there is a glitch, it would make sense for them to see it now as they have to start blocking rooms (assigning rooms so you don't have to switch rooms in the middle of your stay).

If I remember correctly (back in my hotel days) it's actually illegal to overbook although most hotels do overbook about 10% of the rooms to account for cancellations and no shows.

So if it's true, give 'em hell.

Good luck everyone.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    So this is off topic, but I don't want to start another thread about this hotel.... Who's still into meeting for drinks at the hotel Thursday night? I totally am; I probably won't show up until maybe 9pm... How will I find the PJ people I wonder? Should I just look for Pearl Jam T-shirts? :P Does everyone want to meet up in the Big Bar, or the smaller Irish-type pub? Big Bar has pretty damn expensive drinks (although assume that the beer at least is somewhat reasonable - they don't list the prices for that I don't think). Not sure about the pub; I haven't checked. Thoughts people?

See everyone there! Of course it would be cool if people staying nearby but not at the Hyatt could swing by too! :)

I'm in for this as well and figured I'd just look for the PJ shirts :D No idea on the bars in the hotel, I'm guessing all of them are expensive so probably doesn't matter.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Unfortunately it is true. I know someone that works there and talk to him yesterday. Wasn't trying to scare anyone just giving a heads up. I got screwed and might be driving back to Cleveland after show
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I'm heading to Wrigleyville once I check in. I imagine I will stop by the hotel bar(s) for a night cap. And I'm sure I'll have a PJ shirt on for easy identification :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Unfortunately it is true. I know someone that works there and talk to him yesterday. Wasn't trying to scare anyone just giving a heads up. I got screwed and might be driving back to Cleveland after show
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I got my reservation confirmation email last week, so I'm thinking if you didn't get that, then maybe you'd want to call them and check what's going on. The good news is that they supposedly overbooked by 300 rooms, but they have well over 2000 rooms in that particular hotel I think, so the odds aren't too bad at least.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Glad priceline picked the McCormick Pl Hyatt, going cheap ($75 a night for thur & fri) sometimes pays off :ugeek: . Maybe I better double check my reservation just in case :eh: .

See everyone in Chicago 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Just got an email yesterday that the Hyatt overbooked. I've been moved to the Sheraton, which appears to be a nicer (or at least more expensive), down the street. I know there had been talk of this a few weeks ago. Anyone else officially get bumped and have any further details?
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Just got an email yesterday that the Hyatt overbooked. I've been moved to the Sheraton, which appears to be a nicer (or at least more expensive), down the street. I know there had been talk of this a few weeks ago. Anyone else officially get bumped and have any further details?

Guess I'll find out tomorrow. I booked thru AAA before I secured the tix. I think I'm ok :?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I just tried calling to confirm and the girl that picked up the call transferred me to some automated system that I painfully went through thinking I'd get a person after it but I didn't. So hopefully I'm okay but I can't call them again. The robo-reservation found my booking and didn't say anything about any problem so I think I'm okay. Booked in January before the prices jumped over $200/night so I hope I got in before they screwed up.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435