Vault 3 vinyl mp3's...

JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
edited June 2013 in The Porch
Ok, a question to any of you that have preordered the vault 3 vinyl..
Have you verified the mp3 checksums that comes with the free mp3 download? They don't match with the actual mp3 files.. I think it's because the md5's were created for the 256 kbps mp3's version, when actually the download that comes with the purchase of the vinyl are mp3's 320 kbps, so no way they could match..
Not that I care too much, I hate mp3's and will buy the Cd version and HD Flac too, just curious to see if anyone noticed this (can't believe I'm the only one who checks md5's :lol: )..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    No comprende?!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    There is no time counter on the files, if that's what you mean. It sucks, because when I'm listening I can't move around within the song.
    I have no idea what md5s are... I just downloaded the mp3, and there is no time assigned to each song, so it won't measure that while playing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited June 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    There is no time counter on the files, if that's what you mean. It sucks, because when I'm listening I can't move around within the song.
    I have no idea what md5s are... I just downloaded the mp3, and there is no time assigned to each song, so it won't measure that while playing.

No, a .md5 file is a file that contains checksums to verify the integrity of your files (checksums are strings of 32 characters, one string for each file).. you can verify it with many free programs, the best is Traders Little Helper.. if you're into torrents, md5's are often included to verify the integrity of your flac files or your VIDEO_TS dvd folder..
    Anyway in the free download that came with the preorder of the vinyl, are included two md5 files, one for disc 1 and one for disc 2.. they seem to be created for the mp3 256 kbps version, but the mp3's on the free download are 320 kbps, so they obviously don't match.. I hope now it's more clear what I mean.. I'm sure a lot of people know what I'm talking about, but I guess pics where Ed looks hot or Wrigley show threads are way more popular :oops:
    again, not a big deal, since verify the integrity of lossy files is not so significant
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
    Jammalambo wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

No, a .md5 file is a file that contains checksums to verify the integrity of your files (checksums are strings of 32 characters, one string for each file).. you can verify it with many free programs, the best is Traders Little Helper.. if you're into torrents, md5's are often included to verify the integrity of your flac files or your VIDEO_TS dvd folder..
    Anyway in the free download that came with the preorder of the vinyl, are included two md5 files, one for disc 1 and one for disc 2.. they seem to be created for the mp3 256 kbps version, but the mp3's on the free download are 320 kbps, so they obviously don't match.. I hope now it's more clear what I mean.. I'm sure a lot of people know what I'm talking about, but I guess pics where Ed looks hot or Wrigley show threads are way more popular :oops:
    Okay, yeah, I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. :lol: .... But that doesn't mean I am only into Hot Eddie and Wrigley threads. :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Okay, yeah, I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. :lol: .... But that doesn't mean I am only into Hot Eddie and Wrigley threads. :?
    ahah :D
    I was not referring to you, just that I'm sure many people are into torrents and know this stuff but no one replied yet.. just a curiosity, you purchased the mp3 256 kbps right? because if you downloaded the free mp3's that comes with the purchase of the vinyl you should at least SEE what I'm talking about :lol:
    Jammalambo wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ahah :D
    I was not referring to you, just that I'm sure many people are into torrents and know this stuff but no one replied yet.. just a curiosity, you purchased the mp3 256 kbps right? because if you downloaded the free mp3's that comes with the purchase of the vinyl you should at least SEE what I'm talking about :lol:
    I did just downloaded the free mp3s that came with the vinyl... I didn't see anything. I don't even know what you're talking about and have no idea what I would have been noticing. :fp: .... Sorry, I'm no help at all, except I bumped the thread. :lol:
    For your info, you should see "PJ-Constitution Hall 9-19-98 MP3 - 256kbps Disc 1" and "PJ-Constitution Hall 9-19-98 MP3 - 256kbps Disc 2" inside the folder that contains the mp3's.. these are the two files I'm talking about, probably you see them as unknown files (that happens when a file extension is not associated to any program on your pc).. if you donwload Traders Little Helper (or similar programs) the files will be recognized as MD5 - File Integrity Signature List.. Try that, it can be helpful to you in the future in case you want to check your files ;)