Options

The list of the "most album-ized" shows...

JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
edited June 2013 in The Porch
First, forgive me for the use of the term "album-ized", I know It doesn't exist but I had to create a title, right? (and my mother tongue is Italian) :D
My aim here is to create a list of the shows where a given album (the nine regular studio releases from Ten to Backspacer) has been played the most, thus it don't have to be the most representative or popular show from that era, just the show where they played most of the songs from that particular album.. Except for Vitalogy, I've come up with one "winner" show for each album, but I'll let some of you do the research for Backspacer, if any of you is so inclined ;) .. sorry about that
So, here's the list, and some infos for anyone interested in hearing them, too..
1- Ten: easy pick, the 1992-03-13 Monaco, Germany show, only show where they played all the songs from Ten in order start to finish (Ed even notes where the vinyl has to be flipped), and thus the show where Ten has been played the most (they even played I've Got a Feeling, included on the Japanese version of the album)...
There's an audience audio source for this show, that comes from a video.. the video is sort of rare (I mean it's on youtube, but the proper dvd created from the quite generated vhs is not very easy to obtain).. the audio is very easy to find, it's listenable but not very good quality, anyway worth a listen just for its hystoric value (in lossless form, obviously)

2- Vs.: Well, there are two shows where they have played 11 songs from VS (never played the whole album), and they are Detroit 1994-03-19 and the popular Atlanta show 1994-04-03.. Anyway there's only a terrible sounding source for Detroit, and incomplete too, meaning we cannot even be so sure about the reported setlist, so the obvious pick is the Atlanta show (not to mention they played the best W.M.A. ever here).. Do I need to tell where you can find this show? :lol:

3- Vitalogy: This one is tough, they often played 7-8 songs from the album in 1995, anyway there are three shows where they played nine songs (the same nine songs, all the "normal" songs from the album except for Nothingman).. they are 1995-01-15 Washington DC, 1995-02-26 Manila, and 1995-09-14 Las Cruces shows.. in the Las Cruces show they played I Got Shit too, it's from Merkinball and it's more a Mirrorball related song than Vitalogy but still, it's a song from that period anyway that would have sounded good on Vitalogy IMO.. choose the show you prefer from these three, the Manila audience source is not very good, the other two, like all the US shows from 95, are excellent/very good, there's even a fan made complete dvd for the Washington show, that is probably the most popular of the three..

4- No Code: it's the 1996-11-21 Barcellona show, 11 of the 13 songs have been played here (and only here), just In My Tree and I'm Open are missing (this last one has never been played in 96, and never been played in its entirety anyway).. they soundchecked Parting Ways for the first time here, too.. both the concert and soundcheck are available, the audience audio from the concert itself is really good and worth having..

5- Yield: Minneapolis, 1998-06-30.. they played 8 songs from the album (unfortunately that's the most that this album has ever been played in a single concert) including the rarely played All Those Yesterdays and Pilate, plus they even played the b-side Leatherman, making this the ultimate "Yield show" 8-)
Both audio and complete video are available in excellent quality for this show, but there are so many great sources from the 98 tour anyway..

6- Binaural: Bellingham, 2000-05-10 show, 10 songs of the 13 have been played, an audience lossless source is available but anyway PJ radio has played the soundboard from it a few times (remember that this is not part of the 2000 official boots).. the rip from PJ radio is circulating, it's a complete sbd recording but unfortunately lossy source for obvious reasons due to its nature..

7- Riot Act: and the winner here is the 2002-12-05 Showbox, Seattle show, 10 of the 15 songs have been played (the first two songs played are the same of the album, Can't Keep and Save You, and the last one is All or None too).. they even played the b-side Down here, making this a winner over the Live at the Showbox show (that is the officially released dvd from the night after this show) where they played 10 songs off the album but no b-sides...

8- Self-titled aka Avocado: easy choice, the Torino 2006 show is the only one where the full album in order has been played, maybe not the best renditions of all the songs but the most Avocado-ed show ever..

9- Backspacer: do you want the truth? I have no clue about this one :lol: I guess it should be some show from 2009, or maybe 2010.. since the setlists and the shows are easily available, please someone report here the most Backspacer-ed show here (I know they never played the full album, so about 8-9 songs maybe, and possibly more than one show? Please let me know, I refuse to do the count for that album :P
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hartford 2010 may be the show for backspacer. They played most of the album that night
  • Options
    cent208cent208 Posts: 435
    Thanks for the list, it's interesting. I think the previous poster is right. Hartford 10 played 8 out 11 back spacer songs including one of only 3 speed of sound performances
    "The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Heyyyyy jamalamamalalamamambo :roll: , you are quite the hardcore PJ fan. :lol: what a creative thing ya did here. Thanks for sharing them stats. I wonder if the PJ Stat Tracker even has this info.... maybe there's a job opening ;)
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!