west coast tour dates??????

pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
edited July 2013 in The Porch
anyone have any idea how many west coast shows? they said they gonna do a west coast tour, if I had to guess?

seattle 2x
Oakland ca
los angeles ca 2x
las vegas nv 2x
phoenix az
Denver co
maybe boise Idaho?

id love to see Oakland, la, vegas, phoenix, Denver those cities not got shows in a long time minus la in 2009 but that still a long time. vegas longer no show since 2006 pretty crazy, and Oakland last show when???? please don't play san fran they have no good venue, atleast oracle is decent for concerts and Oakland is more fun than stupid san jose
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• its gonna be so lame if they don't play las vegas, no show since 2006, and most bands don't skip vegas for this long, plus cheap nice hotel rooms in vegas, it a good city for 2 shows, I remember mgm in 2006 seemed like a lot of people from different countries went to that show
  • JG215570JG215570 Thornton, ColoRADo Posts: 55
    Not to mention Vegas is the best place for a show. You can't beat 24hr partying, craps, and PJ!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Eddie said they'd never not play Boise again.

They've never been back. That crowd was insane. Especially considering it was a smaller sized arena.
  • InThinAirInThinAir Posts: 81
    anyone have any idea how many west coast shows? they said they gonna do a west coast tour, if I had to guess?

seattle 2x
    Oakland ca
    los angeles ca 2x
    las vegas nv 2x
    phoenix az
    Denver co
    maybe boise Idaho?

id love to see Oakland, la, vegas, phoenix, Denver those cities not got shows in a long time minus la in 2009 but that still a long time. vegas longer no show since 2006 pretty crazy, and Oakland last show when???? please don't play san fran they have no good venue, atleast oracle is decent for concerts and Oakland is more fun than stupid san jose

I respectfully disagree, while SF doesn't have a large arena like Oakland, I think the Bill Graham Civic shows were some of the best I've seen. I think a two or three night run there again would be great or if we're talking East Bay, maximize some of the that great Fall Bay Area weather and do a run at the Greek....
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    I just hope they don't count that Oracle show last year as a real show so they totally skip the Bay Area this time like they did when they opened for the Stones in 1997 in Oakland and skipped the Bay Area on the Yield tour. That would piss me off no end, as the band never invited any of its fans to that Oracle show and only acknowledged the existence of it after it was over. Like they were ashamed of it or something.
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    Zod wrote:

They've never been back. That crowd was insane. Especially considering it was a smaller sized arena.

I remember at that show, the first song was 'Of The Girl'. Ed sang "Oh, he deals 'em off..." and from where I was sitting on the floor, you couldn't hear the band for like 5 seconds after that. To have a band be drowned out for a few moments from all the screams -for me, it was like seeing and hearing the Beatles live in '64. It was the craziest thing I'd ever experienced.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Tomorrow will mark 10 years since they've played Phoenix :evil:
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Jerome230 wrote:
    Zod wrote:

I remember at that show, the first song was 'Of The Girl'. Ed sang "Oh, he deals 'em off..." and from where I was sitting on the floor, you couldn't hear the band for like 5 seconds after that. To have a band be drowned out for a few moments from all the screams -for me, it was like seeing and hearing the Beatles live in '64. It was the craziest thing I'd ever experienced.

I've seen PJ about 20 times now. I still rank the Boise show as my 2nd favorite (behind the gorge '05). I guess it was partially result of a bygone era. Back when PJ toured alot, you'd get the odd show in these out of the way places. Where the touring fan club members would opt to skip. In fact the only reason we ended up going was because the originally cancelled the Portland show so we moved our tickets to the Boise show, when they brought back the portland show, we never bothered to reverse it (and bought TM tix for portland).

I think you have a concert starved crowd, many of whom were seeing pj for the first time. There were so few fan club members, that they didn't allocate by senority. It was first come first serve. You could only get one pair per tour back then, so I used mine for seattle, and my friend used his brand new membership for Boise. We still got row 6 :) (which is the 2nd best tickets I've ever had from the 10c. the best being seattle '02 where it was a lottery allocation).

It was all these things coming together and made the show magic. If you look at the setlist or length of the show it doesn't look like anything too special, but there was that atmosphere that made it great.

When I was at the the second seattle show a few nights later, I really felt Eddie was trying to recapture the magic from the Boise show... got close, but not all the way :)
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    Zod wrote:
    When I was at the the second seattle show a few nights later, I really felt Eddie was trying to recapture the magic from the Boise show... got close, but not all the way :)

I love Ed's scolding of the Seattle 1 crowd a couple of days later, after the Boise show:

"This is worse than a Sonics timeout when they're losing...BOISE was better than you!!"

:lol::lol::lol:
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09