Options

Zurich, Switzerland 2/19/1992 (Acoustic)

nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
edited September 2013 in The Porch
Has anyone ever unearthed a recording of that show?

Still hoping...
EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    keeping the love going...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    So that's a no?
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    100% sure nothing from this show ever surfaced (that obviously doesn't mean an audio or video recording doesn't exist)..
    But really..
    02/19/92 – Albani Bar of Music: Winterthur, Switzerland (acoustic)
    notes: Finding themselves in a venue with an extremely tiny stage, PJ elects to rent acoustic guitars and Dave sets up a kick drum and bongo, going for an acoustic show. The latter part of the set becomes a jam session. Even in this small space, Ed climbs to the second floor, goes over all of the spectators’ heads and falls into the crowd on the main floor.
    ..that must have been EPIC
  • Options
    A lot of us have been hanging on to this quote from Brett.

ELIASON: There're no plans in the works regarding older material, but there have been conversations. I've had fans approach me about shows they can't get their hands on. We were in Zurich in February [1992], in a little coffee shop. So we rented guitars and the band put on this show that was amazing. It was voted best performance of the year for Switzerland. [Fans] have been begging for it because that's not out there.

I hope they didn't lose it in the last move.

8-)
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Biggest disappointment in the PJ20 book was them not including the setlist from the show.

Garden and a couple other little clips, from PJ20 was amazing, but I would still love to know what all was played.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    RB90590 wrote:
    Biggest disappointment in the PJ20 book was them not including the setlist from the show.

Garden and a couple other little clips, from PJ20 was amazing, but I would still love to know what all was played.

Surely they played Freebird on that one...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Definitely hoping to hear this show one day...
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I would LOVE to hear this show, I think I have been asking for it in one old thread too ... Loved the footage in the movie!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    So weird that this has been posted just now! :o :shock: A friend gave me 2 old school 'bootleg' CDs he has the other day to listen to. One is Volkshaus, Zurich 6/8/92(I think that's right) & the other is mixed from 3 1992 shows. Are these what people mean? I've given the CDs back to him now & am at work so can't see them in my home computer(seems odd to be talking about this 'out loud' on here) but one of them had at least one acoustic track I'm sure. I can post more of what I've got when I get home tonight if I'm talking about the right thing here? I'm in NZ FFS, how the hell can I have something others are searching for!!?!?? :o :shock:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011