Options

this was a blast from the past

inmyohiotreeinmyohiotree Posts: 329
edited February 2013 in The Porch
This week was somewhat special. It reminded me alot of the 93-96 years where it was nearly impossible to score a pearl jam ticket. Its pretty awesome that after 20 plus years a band can sell out a baseball stadium in less than 30 mins. For those of us who been there for the whole ride you have to admit as crazy as this expierence is (buying tickets) its pretty F ing cool that no other band out there can cause this much maddness. Anyone who got shut out dont give up if theres a will theres a way if you want to go bad enough i promise you, you will be there. Theres no need for a second wrigley show because it would kill the special expierence. After all these years close to 100 shows I never dreamed I would be sitting in wrigley field watching the greatest band on earth. So with much love from Cleveland Thanks Pearl jam and Thank you Ten Club. :D
Brooklyn 1,2 13
Chicago EV 08 11 13
Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
Cincinatti 06
Columbus 00 03 10
Detroit 06 EV 11 14
Grand Rapids 06
Hershey 03
Jacksonville EV 12
Moline 14
Montreal 05
Milwaukee EV 08
Nobelsville 03
Ottawa 05
Pittsburgh 06 13
Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    This week was somewhat special. It reminded me alot of the 93-96 years where it was nearly impossible to score a pearl jam ticket. Its pretty awesome that after 20 plus years a band can sell out a baseball stadium in less than 30 mins. For those of us who been there for the whole ride you have to admit as crazy as this expierence is (buying tickets) its pretty F ing cool that no other band out there can cause this much maddness. Anyone who got shut out dont give up if theres a will theres a way if you want to go bad enough i promise you, you will be there. Theres no need for a second wrigley show because it would kill the special expierence. After all these years close to 100 shows I never dreamed I would be sitting in wrigley field watching the greatest band on earth. So with much love from Cleveland Thanks Pearl jam and Thank you Ten Club. :D
    That's an interesting perspective.

I agree. Don't give up. And DO NOT jump on scalped tickets just yet. I am sure that, as time goes by, the scalpers will find out that the demand just isn't quite what they thought it would be and tickets will be available on the cheap. The casual fans will not be dropping dump trucks full of cash on this show.
  • Options
    My husband actually said that today..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    JTH wrote:

I agree. Don't give up. And DO NOT jump on scalped tickets just yet. .
    quote for people read it again ..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I agree to a point - the main difference though is that selling out a concert today is not even remotely the same thing as what selling out a concert 10-20 years ago was. With the advent of the internet, online sales, brokers (scalpers), etc. - it's a completely different animal, and I don't think it reflects the supply vs. demand perspective accurately. They just "sell out" FASTER because the machine operates faster. It also makes it apparent that many of the initial tickets sold are not being purchased by future attendees, but by someone with the intent of turning a quick profit.

I've been to plenty of shows in the last several years that were "sold out", only to find PLENTY of empty seats come show day, because all of the brokers couldn't turn them over, even at original face value a day or two before the show. "Sold Out" today just doesn't mean the same thing today as it did in '93-'96. Now if you want to REALLY talk about "selling out", well...that's a discussion I'll save for another thread! ;)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    believe it or not brokers were around back in the day too. I used them for cleveland in 94 and toledo in 96 although it sucks i dont care how i get there as long as i'm there. both times i was shut out for tickets. both shows went on sale at random times in the middle of the day both selling out in minutes. although people look down on buying from scalpers i look at it this way im doing it for me not them. if i want to go bad enough ill explore all options :D
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08