Options

Wedding gift

DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
edited February 2013 in The Porch
So my cousin is getting married this summer. He and his future wife have been together since 07. So my thought was to get each of them a gift. I planned on getting him a PJ vinyl I have a few people in mind on here. I want to get his wife a spa card good for somewhere in Rochester.

Anyway today my wife tells me that getting them each something different is not appropriate. So tell me what should I do. Should I just continue with my plan or scrap it and get them something together? All input would be appreciated. I'm a dude and have only been to two weddings both were mine.

I just figured that getting them something each would be better than getting them something stupid. I mean shit they have two kids together have a house and basically have everything for the house.
My butt itches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    DURP wrote:

I just figured that getting them something each would be better than getting them something stupid. I mean shit they have two kids together have a house and basically have everything for the house.

Because of this, I think that the separate gifts are definitely appropriate! You could include a card mentioning that she could go to the spa while he listens to the vinyl...both will be in an awesome mood after... ;) Although I guess it would depend on the relationship you have with your cousin and his soon to be wife!
    I have been married for almost three years, but my husband and I have been together for 11 years. I would not have been offended by this gift, but that's just me. Had the gift been for me, however, I would be the one receiving the Pearl Jam related gift.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    jened10 wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Because of this, I think that the separate gifts are definitely appropriate! You could include a card mentioning that she could go to the spa while he listens to the vinyl...both will be in an awesome mood after... ;) Although I guess it would depend on the relationship you have with your cousin and his soon to be wife!
    I have been married for almost three years, but my husband and I have been together for 11 years. I would not have been offended by this gift, but that's just me. Had the gift been for me, however, I would be the one receiving the Pearl Jam related gift.

Me and my cousins are more like brothers than cousins. We grew up together we go to PJ shows and Bills game together at least once a year. Me and his future wife we get along as well. She like PJ but not like my cousin so I thought the spa card could work for her. Get's her a few hours to herself and he get's a sweet vinyl.

I'm not one to keep traditional stuff alive. I tend to do stuff my way. I feel this gift for each would be well accepted. I'm really just wondering if I am in the wrong.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    jened10 wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Me and my cousins are more like brothers than cousins. We grew up together we go to PJ shows and Bills game together at least once a year. Me and his future wife we get along as well. She like PJ but not like my cousin so I thought the spa card could work for her. Get's her a few hours to herself and he get's a sweet vinyl.

I'm not one to keep traditional stuff alive. I tend to do stuff my way. I feel this gift for each would be well accepted. I'm really just wondering if I am in the wrong.

Your idea for seperate gifts shows that you are taking the time to think about what each of them likes. I think it's a good idea. I asked my wife and she agrees....and she's smart.
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway