Annual vinyl on time vs. late...

OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
edited January 2013 in The Porch
I must first say this isn't a bitch thread. Thanks for looking. I really didn't mind that it took 10 months to receive it as long as we got something good, or rare. A song we never heard from them before. i.e. Jingle Bells, or Turning Mist, songs like that. Santa Cruz, Santa God. I must admit I don't care for the first 2 songs but it's better than songs that we've already heard in the past, like In the Moonlight and All Night. So, if it takes a lot longer to come up with a better selection of songs for the vinyl, please do. I will appreciate it.

Also, I think they should allow us fans to come up with a future pair of songs for a single. After all it is for us. They can put a list of songs from past shows that we can choose from and the top 2 songs are used. I already have songs in mind.

Millworker VFC tour 2004
Lion's Share VFC
KKK Took My Baby Away
No Surrender pre-set
Sugar Mountain pre-set
Hurt Ed solo

There's a shit ton more but you get the idea. So, those are just a couple of idea's and I hope I didn't offend anybody, and I can assure you no animals were harmed in any way during this post.......much.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    the problem is that they have a lot to choose from, and they have a lot going in their lives, and the 10C single is from the 10C, they do the picking, the band aproves it, then it needs to be manufacture, and we are around 300K people here, it takes time to press that, plus, they won't set time to the single if they are trying a new ticket system, or a pre sale for tickets or new merch...

though it would be nice that we as 10C members get a chance to choose what we want for xmas single, a secret poll or something like that... ole b/w of the earth would have been nice, however, imo the purpose of the exclusive single is to provide something rare, I really loved turning mist and hawaii 78, where else could you get something like that? that thing only happens once in a life time, seme with santa god, I didn't enjoy that much, but that's kinda the aim of the xmas single, to me no jeremy and falling down were pretty rare and awesome, same with devil doll from a soundcheck, and better days, which probably will be released in a soundtrack I'll never buy...

and of course, the sooner the better, we have to be patient, at least, 2012 xmas single mp3 came around xmas 2012...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Really? You think the 10c picks the songs? I highly doubt it. I can't see Tim going to Eddie and saying, " hey, you guys are going to record a new song for the single, and you are going to call it Santa God, and it will kick our ass". Sorry, but I disagree. BTW I didn't intend for this to be a serious thread for the 10c fans. Only for the band in hopes that they see this and say, alright we can do better even if it takes longer. So, if you don't agree with me, please move on. Thanks.
  • Majority rules in my country. If this were done, I'd be cool with it. I do think it would be interesting to see which ones they'd throw out there for us to vote on. Hey, you mention that Hurt is Ed, but with Millworker and Sugar Mountain, were those just Ed too, or with the whole band? If it was the whole band for either or both, do you know exactly which date show they were done at? Thx
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Majority rules in my country. If this were done, I'd be cool with it. I do think it would be interesting to see which ones they'd throw out there for us to vote on. Hey, you mention that Hurt is Ed, but with Millworker and Sugar Mountain, were those just Ed too, or with the whole band? If it was the whole band for either or both, do you know exactly which date show they were done at? Thx

Yes, sorry. Both of those were Ed solo also, but both during a Pearl Jam show. Well, Sugar Mountain was a pre-set in Toronto in 2009 I believe, and Millworker was on the Vote for Change tour in 2004 on October 3rd in Grand Rapids, MI. Sorry for the confusion.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Majority rules in my country. If this were done, I'd be cool with it. I do think it would be interesting to see which ones they'd throw out there for us to vote on. Hey, you mention that Hurt is Ed, but with Millworker and Sugar Mountain, were those just Ed too, or with the whole band? If it was the whole band for either or both, do you know exactly which date show they were done at? Thx

electoral college rules mine

"Whatever I feel like doing, GOSH!" ND

Hurt again? Where is the bionic Ed? This isn't good.