******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    let's not rewrite history here. the first 5 years of reid were good (great would entail not losing 4 of 5 championship games)

the last 8 or so were mediocre....much like the eagles have been for much of our lives. everyone is aware of this. hopefully the next 8 are better.

it will be another 25 years before the eagles are in their 5th conference championship since the reid era. but yea it was just good :roll: :fp:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    edited January 2013
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    because of press conferences

this is one reason why I don't like eagles fans

huh? dude, he came off as likeable. from a distance he always seemed sort of like a dick to me. this has nothing to do with him as a coach.

press conferences? it's the same thing everywhere (just look in the bears thread). i think you make a much bigger deal about people making a fuss over them than the actual fuss. there were 1 or 2 nondescript posts about it in here. :lol:

it's not the same everywhere. just look at bill belichicks' pressers...he says less than reid.

philly fans are morons. they loved (and still love) buddy ryan because he talked a lot of shit, even though he was a jack ass who couldn't even win a playoff game.

it is the same everywhere. and you're talking about people's reactions to them, not the actual press conference.

they liked buddy's personality more than reid. they thought reid was a better head coach. most everyone in this area accepts that. i have not met one who doesn't. you need to attend a psychology class or something. you clearly have a hard time understanding people.

also, you just called yourself a moron.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    let's not rewrite history here. the first 5 years of reid were good (great would entail not losing 4 of 5 championship games)

the last 8 or so were mediocre....much like the eagles have been for much of our lives. everyone is aware of this. hopefully the next 8 are better.

it will be another 25 years before the eagles are in their 5th conference championship since the reid era. but yea it was just good :roll: :fp:

what do you consider great? :lol:

there's nothing great about not winning a championship.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

what do you consider great? :lol:

there's nothing great about not winning a championship.

so if the Ravens don't beat the 49ers John Harbaugh's run there hasn't been great? :fp: :fp:

tony gonzalez wasn't great? :fp: :fp:

dan marino wasn't great? :fp: :fp:
    boy, that is a lot of emoticons. good job there....

it's subjective. i look at reid's career here the same way i look at donovan's here: good. not great.

i guess you think it's great considering how poor this franchise has been since 1960 though.

but the pats made it about as far as reid did in his best years. i doubt they would consider this a great year for them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    it's subjective. i look at reid's career here the same way i look at donovan's here: good. not great.

i guess you think it's great considering how poor this franchise has been since 1960 though.

but the pats made it about as far as reid did in his best years. i doubt they would consider this a great year for them.

oh you mean the lance armstrong of the NFL isn't happy with this season. hasn't won a title since being caught cheating...even with one of the best QBs of all time. fraud??? looks more like it every year.

but seriously you don't think Dan Marino and Tony Gonzalez weren't great because they didn't win a title

and i think Donovan had a few years run as a great QB. if at anytime in your career you are considered one of the top 4 or 5 QBs in the NFL you were great. and at the time he was considered at that level for a few years.

i think people seriously underestimate how difficult it is to win a Championship. so many factors go into
    play (like maybe not going up aginst a cheating sob) to winning one including luck and frankly which seasons you are great in. some teams get easier paths (see billick, brian) and some tougher. It's like Philly fans think you can snap your fingers and get one. which boggles the mind since we've only won one in 29 fucking years in 4 sports.

was Mike Keenan not a great coach for the Flyers because he didn't win a title here?
    pjhawks wrote:

oh you mean the lance armstrong of the NFL isn't happy with this season. hasn't won a title since being caught cheating...even with one of the best QBs of all time. fraud??? looks more like it every year.

but seriously you don't think Dan Marino and Tony Gonzalez weren't great because they didn't win a title?

i think people seriously underestimate how difficult it is to win a Championship. so many factors go into play (like maybe not going up aginst a cheating sob) to winning one including luck and frankly which seasons you are great in. some teams get easier paths (see billick, brian) and some tougher. It's like Philly fans think you can snap your fingers and get one. which boggles the mind since we've only won one in 29 fucking years in 4 sports.

marino and gonzalez are hall of famers. andy reid is not. i'm not sure how the former coach of the eagles compares to these two players. :? the pats season compares favorably with reid's best. they do not consider it great up there. i doubt they look at it as good. their bar is just higher than ours.

since you brought it up, the nfc--especially the nfc east was garbage back when reid was losing in nfc championship games. you like to say how billick's road was easy, reid's was just as easy but he failed to take advantage of it. he inherited a very solid defensive core who carried his team for 4 or 5 years, he got a franchise qb with the 2nd pick in the draft and surrounded him with below average wide receivers. this was none more evident than in the 03 championship game when they couldn't even get off the line.

reid was good. i will give you very good overall for about 5 seasons. we're talking 8 years ago. he has since given us mediocre football capped off by a disastrous 4-12 season. one of the worst we have ever seen around here.

i'm sorry but you can't rewrite history man.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2013
    pjhawks wrote:

but seriously you don't think Dan Marino and Tony Gonzalez weren't great because they didn't win a title?

i think people seriously underestimate how difficult it is to win a Championship. so many factors go into play (like maybe not going up aginst a cheating sob) to winning one including luck and frankly which seasons you are great in. some teams get easier paths (see billick, brian) and some tougher. It's like Philly fans think you can snap your fingers and get one. which boggles the mind since we've only won one in 29 fucking years in 4 sports.

marino and gonzalez are hall of famers. andy reid is not. i'm not sure how the former coach of the eagles compares to these two players. :? the pats season compares favorably with reid's best. they do not consider it great up there. i doubt they look at it as good. their bar is just higher than ours.

since you brought it up, the nfc--especially the nfc east was garbage back when reid was losing in nfc championship games. you like to say how billick's road was easy, reid's was just as easy but he failed to take advantage of it. he inherited a very solid defensive core who carried his team for 4 or 5 years, he got a franchise qb with the 2nd pick in the draft and surrounded him with below average wide receivers. this was none more evident than in the 03 championship game when they couldn't even get off the line.

reid was good. i will give you very good overall for about 5 seasons. we're talking 8 years ago. he has since given us mediocre football capped off by a disastrous 4-12 season. one of the worst we have ever seen around here.

can't rewrite history man.

was Mike Keenan not a great coach for the Flyers because he didn't win a title here?

and do you consider charlie manual great because he won a title? i sure as hell don't.

those two names should give you pause on having to win a championship to be considered great. one did one the best coaches jobs in Philly sports history and didn't win a championship here and was 1000x the coach ole charlie is. But charlie has a title.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    you're asking the wrong guy. i know nothing about hockey. i think he won a stanely cup though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    the problem you have is you are living in the past. all of these supposedly great seasons he had while losing nfc championship games occurred in george bush's 1st term. whether you call them great or very good, they are in the DISTANT past. obama is being sworn in for the 2nd time today.

it's like looking at a baseball player's career average instead of what he's done in the most recent 3 or 4 years.

these last 8 years have been rough man. and were capped off by one of the worst seasons we have ever seen from the eagles.

gotta hope for better.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    it's like looking at a baseball player's career average instead of what he's done in the most recent 3 or 4 years.

which is, you know. how a career is defined and how people actually, you know become hall of famers. no one looks at just the last few years. that's the most absurd premise you've ever put forward dude. :fp:
    pjhawks wrote:

which is, you know. how a career is defined and how people actually, you know become hall of famers. no one looks at just the last few years. that's the most absurd premise you've ever put forward dude. :fp:

that's not the point. if you look at his career as a whole, yeah, it's been good. very good. nobody denies that.

but you keep harping on the whole 14 year thing when comparing it to chip kelly. the last 8 years are what is fresh in people's minds. that is almost a decade of mediocre football capped off by an epic failure. this is what we're hoping the new regime turns around.....and, eventually, if chip starts losing in championship games like reid did so many years ago without winning the super bowl, then yes--we will look back and say he was a good coach who inherited poop, turned it around, and ultimately left us an unsatisfied frustrated bunch. just like we are now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

that's not the point. if you look at his career as a whole, yeah, it's been good. very good. nobody denies that.

so what you wrote wasn't your point??? um ok. thanks for playing then. i'm done.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Rick Minter as LB coach. I'm going to have to look this guy up.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

but you keep harping on the whole 14 year thing when comparing it to chip kelly. the last 8 years are what is fresh in people's minds. that is almost a decade of mediocre football capped off by an epic failure. this is what we're hoping the new regime turns around.....and, eventually, if chip starts losing in championship games like reid did so many years ago without winning the super bowl, then yes--we will look back and say he was a good coach who inherited poop, turned it around, and ultimately left us an unsatisfied frustrated bunch. just like we are now

so what you wrote wasn't your point??? um ok. thanks for playing then. i'm done.
    funny. but, no. you missed the point like usual.

you and the other reid apologist are two peas in a pod. you talk about reid's 14 years in such glowing fashion, yet always leave out the fact that the majority of his success came prior to 2005 (when the nfc was much weaker than it is now). he has been an average coach since then. for almost a decade the guy averaged 8 wins and capped it off with a 4-12 epic disaster of kotitian proportions (hyperbole--but i don't care. this year was a disaster). this is the mess he left us with. this is what chip kelly has to rebuild and this is what he has to improve upon.

if he ends up having a similiar kind of success that reid enjoyed back around when 9/11 happened and when we were led to believe iraq had weapons of mass destruction (yeah it was that long ago) then that will be awesome....however, it will also not be good enough.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Rick Minter as LB coach. I'm going to have to look this guy up.

former kentucky dc apparently....looks like herrman withdrew his name from dc consideration:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/01 ... dc-search/
    chinese-happy.jpg
    if he ends up having a similiar kind of success that reid enjoyed back around when 9/11 happened and when we were led to believe iraq had weapons of mass destruction (yeah it was that long ago) then that will be awesome....however, it will also not be good enough.

not to agree with that other guy but how can you be so hard line that success ONLY is a Super Bowl Title for the Eagles but so lenient towards the Phils and Sixers not winning titles? I'd love to hear your answer for that.

The odds of Chip Kelly winning 7 Division Titles, making playoff appearances in 9 seasons, Winning at least one playoff game in 7 different seasons, going to 5 NFC Championship games including 1 Super Bowl appearance in the next 14 years is closer to Zero than it is to even 1%. It ain't gonna happen buddy. and I think if you sit back from your hatred for Andy even you'd realize that.

Now I hope like hell Chipper can get one magical season together like Charlie Manuel did and win a title. I'd take bad years around that to win a title in a heartbeat but this franchise has never won one and the city, with 4 sports teams, has won one title since Reagan's 2nd term and the Cold War...Ronald fucking Reagan and the Cold fucking War. and we are demanding titles to define success? in Philadelphia. Really?
    edited January 2013
    pjhawks wrote:

not to agree with that other guy but how can you be so hard line that success ONLY is a Super Bowl Title for the Eagles but so lenient towards the Phils and Sixers not winning titles? I'd love to hear your answer for that.

The odds of Chip Kelly winning 7 Division Titles, making playoff appearances in 9 seasons, Winning at least one playoff game in 7 different seasons, going to 5 NFC Championship games including 1 Super Bowl appearance in the next 14 years is closer to Zero than it is to even 1%. It ain't gonna happen buddy. and I think if you sit back from your hatred for Andy even you'd realize that.

Now I hope like hell Chipper can get one magical season together like Charlie Manuel did and win a title. I'd take bad years around that to win a title in a heartbeat but this franchise has never won one and the city, with 4 sports teams, has won one title since Reagan's 2nd term and the Cold War...Ronald fucking Reagan and the Cold fucking War. and we are demanding titles to define success? in Philadelphia. Really?

the first part of this doesn't make sense. the phillies won a title 4 years ago. they capitalized on their opportunity. the sixers have been a miserable franchise for most of the last 3 decades.

reid has averaged 8 wins a game for most of the last decade. that is the definition of average. he had a good amount of success back when bush was in his first term and the nfc was considered much weaker than it is now. but for most of the last decade he drafted poorly, assembled a dysfunctional coaching staff, whiffed on a bunch of free agents, and left this franchise in shambles. this is what chip kelly needs to rebuild. if he ends up having the same sort of success reid had 10 years ago, awesome. but it will still not be good enough.

i don't hate andy reid. i like him. he just stayed here about 3 years too long.

it seems like you have a losers mentality.
    chinese-happy.jpg

i just define winning differently. by your standand only 1 team is successful each season. you clearly think one of the Harbaugh's is gonna be a loser this year. 99% of the rest of the world that disagrees with you.
    edited January 2013
    pjhawks wrote:

i just define winning differently. by your standand only 1 team is successful each season. you clearly think one of the Harbaugh's is gonna be a loser this year. 99% of the rest of the world that disagrees with you.

no that's not what i think. at all :lol: how many times today have i said andy reid had a good amount of success about a decade ago?

the last 8 years of the andy reid era has been mediocre. 8 wins a year in a 16 game season is the definition of mediocre. i'm tired of having an average football team.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    How many coaches would get a 7th year after a 50-45-1 record? Especially when the last 2 yrs his record is 12-20.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:

no that's not what i think. how many times today have i said andy reid had a good amount of success about a decade ago? it was just a long time ago.

i think the last 8 years of the andy reid era has been mediocre. 8 wins a year in a 16 game season is the definition of mediocre. i'm tired of having an average football team.

you do realize that only one other time in non-Andy Reid Eagles history has the franchise won as many playoff games in an 8 year period right as Andy did in the past 8?

Andy won 3 playoff games (in 4 appearances) in the past 8 years. the only other time that was matched in any 8 year period was 1979-1980 by Vermeil.

just a little eagles history lesson for you.
    edited January 2013
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

no that's not what i think. how many times today have i said andy reid had a good amount of success about a decade ago? it was just a long time ago.

i think the last 8 years of the andy reid era has been mediocre. 8 wins a year in a 16 game season is the definition of mediocre. i'm tired of having an average football team.

you do realize that only one other time in non-Andy Reid Eagles history has the franchise won as many playoff games in an 8 year period right as Andy did in the past 8?

Andy won 3 playoff games (in 4 appearances) in the past 8 years. the only other time that was matched in any 8 year period was 1979-1980 by Vermeil.

just a little eagles history lesson for you.

you do realize the eagles have a history of futility right? :lol: they won 2 playoff games (in 3 appearances) from 91-98 with rich fucking kotite and ray rhodes--hey! almost as good reid's final 8 years! :roll: yuck.

8 seasons of mediocre football capped off by a 4-12 disaster. i mean, if that is good enough for you, may god have mercy on your soul.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    by the way since you brought up the eagles awful history, they averaged the same amount of wins during the kotite and rhodes era (8 years) as andy reid did in his last 8 years.

andy won 1 more playoff game though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    by the way since you brought up the eagles awful history, they averaged the same amount of wins during the kotite and rhodes era (8 years) as andy reid did in his last 8 years.

only a complte idiot would bring kotite and rhodes names up vs. andy reid as coaching success and quality. (see what type of team kotite took over if you can't remember). it's as bad as saying the phils are better wtih ross gload than ryan howard. just moronic

for the 2nd time today i'm done. andy was a great coach, the best we've ever had who had a great run in my opinion. you are entitled to your wrong opinion.

i hope we enjoy the chip kelly era as much as andy's but i doubt it. i look foward to your ideas in 3 years on who the new coach might be.
    pjhawks wrote:

only a complte idiot would bring kotite and rhodes names up vs. andy reid as coaching success and quality. (see what type of team kotite took over if you can't remember). it's as bad as saying the phils are better wtih ross gload than ryan howard. just moronic

for the 2nd time today i'm done. andy was a great coach, the best we've ever had who had a great run in my opinion. you are entitled to your wrong opinion.

i hope we enjoy the chip kelly era as much as andy's but i doubt it. i look foward to your ideas in 3 years on who the new coach might be.

wow. settle down man.

okay, well i guess the truth hurts. you can bring up one part of the eagles awful history if it helps your argument, but i can't bring up another one to put things in perspective for you? :lol: that's not fair. reid's obviously a better coach, but his results over these last 8 years were on par with what we had during the 90's. hence, a lot of people's frustrations lately.

the bottom line is andy reid was a good coach here for quite a while. very good. but the last 8 years have been mediocre at best...on par with what we had before he came here.

hopefully chip can turn this franchise around. it will be a huge undertaking because andy reid certainly left a mess to clean up. time will tell.

GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    juan castillo is going to the super bowl. ravens signed him to be their run game coordinator.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    juan castillo is going to the super bowl. ravens signed him to be their run game coordinator.
    Good for him.

Look we're all entitled to our own wrong opinions. ;) I don't think Andy deserved to coach here anymore. His assistant coaching hires and personal moves have been awful for about 6 years now. Once that original core group of coaches left, he was never able to replicate the coaching cohesion he had in the early 2000's. It wasn't just JJ but Harbaugh, Childress, Rivera, and plenty of other position coaches. Most of the replacement coaches and were incompetent.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    shutoutability.

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    reid has averaged 8 wins a game for most of the last decade.

:o