Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Poncier said:
    You guys are tough on Agholor considering the wind yesterday, and the possibility/probability the throw was supposed to be a bit more to the left but Wentz had to rush and throw off his back foot.
    Yeah I'm not blaming him for not coming down with a circus catch. He could have....but it would've been an amazing catch. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    pjhawks said:
    Wondering if people are going to kill agholar over that last play.  Would have been a ridiculous catch.  I don't think you expect that play to be made.  
    Would've been amazing, tho.
    No that would’ve been an amazing catch. He did miss a much easier one earlier though. 
    only because he fucked up the route to it. he has no clue how to track balls in the air. if he could track a pass correctly it would have hit him right in the hands. he overran it . it was behind him because he ran to it incorrectly.  agholor fucked that play up and cost them a chance to win the game . it was a perfect pass.

wentz missing ertz on 2nd down at the 20 was a killer. he was open but ertz also admitted their communication was off on that play.

wentz is a stud but the fan base is starting to treat him like they did McNabb.  it's eerily similar at this point. i don't get it.

and I've never seen Brady look so average as he did yesterday. their offense was as putrid as the Eagles was.

He looks more like late career McNabb than early career McNabb this season. Numbers or eye test--neither is pretty. And I think its more the national media who recognize this than the fan base to be honest. Donovan managed to be a top ten rated passer pretty regularly with slop Andy surrounded him with early in his career. Wentz is just not having a good season. Luckily after Seattle, they have the second easiest schedule so they could still run the table. But he has got to be better. They're paying him to be a top 5 level qb. He is nowhere near that right now. 

And Brady is pretty much an above average qb at this point in his career.
    ill grant you he hasn't been great but would be hard to be great with this slop.  do you realize they have a wide receiver who has now played over 200 and some snaps without a reception in Hollins? that's impossible.  As I said last night if the catches are made in late in the 3 games mentioned the narrative would be different.  he also has the longest streak of games with a passing TD in the league.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wondering if people are going to kill agholar over that last play.  Would have been a ridiculous catch.  I don't think you expect that play to be made.  
    Would've been amazing, tho.
    No that would’ve been an amazing catch. He did miss a much easier one earlier though. 
    only because he fucked up the route to it. he has no clue how to track balls in the air. if he could track a pass correctly it would have hit him right in the hands. he overran it . it was behind him because he ran to it incorrectly.  agholor fucked that play up and cost them a chance to win the game . it was a perfect pass.

wentz missing ertz on 2nd down at the 20 was a killer. he was open but ertz also admitted their communication was off on that play.

wentz is a stud but the fan base is starting to treat him like they did McNabb.  it's eerily similar at this point. i don't get it.

and I've never seen Brady look so average as he did yesterday. their offense was as putrid as the Eagles was.

He looks more like late career McNabb than early career McNabb this season. Numbers or eye test--neither is pretty. And I think its more the national media who recognize this than the fan base to be honest. Donovan managed to be a top ten rated passer pretty regularly with slop Andy surrounded him with early in his career. Wentz is just not having a good season. Luckily after Seattle, they have the second easiest schedule so they could still run the table. But he has got to be better. They're paying him to be a top 5 level qb. He is nowhere near that right now. 

And Brady is pretty much an above average qb at this point in his career.
    ill grant you he hasn't been great but would be hard to be great with this slop.  do you realize they have a wide receiver who has now played over 200 and some snaps without a reception in Hollins? that's impossible.  As I said last night if the catches are made in late in the 3 games mentioned the narrative would be different.  he also has the longest streak of games with a passing TD in the league.

Yeah the record would definitely be better if those three catches were made....but part of the reason they were in position to need those game saving catches was because of how he performed for the rest of those games. He's been one of the most inaccurate qb's in the league this year.

And of course the receivers have been terrible, no doubt. Nobody is arguing that. But that doesn't absolve the quarterback from his performance. They gave him the most guaranteed money in league history and he's been pretty average/above average up to this point.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    Poncier said:
    You guys are tough on Agholor considering the wind yesterday, and the possibility/probability the throw was supposed to be a bit more to the left but Wentz had to rush and throw off his back foot.
    Yeah I'm not blaming him for not coming down with a circus catch. He could have....but it would've been an amazing catch. 
    He made it look-like a circus catch because he has no concept how to track the ball.  We've seen him enough to know this by now. Was it going to be a tough catch? Yes, but one that could've/would've been caught by many WR's because most can track the ball while its in the air and make the proper adjustment.

The best one was in Atlanta when he said he "lost the ball in the lights."  

• Options
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    He made it look-like a circus catch because he has no concept how to track the ball.  We've seen him enough to know this by now. Was it going to be a tough catch? Yes, but one that could've/would've been caught by many WR's because most can track the ball while its in the air and make the proper adjustment.

The best one was in Atlanta when he said he "lost the ball in the lights."  

The Atlanta one was way more agregious than last night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    He sucks. He made it a circus catch. What about the other ball he caught out of bounds because he had no idea where is was on the field.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    ^ I didn't think that one was catchable in bounds. Look, we're talking about game saving plays here. How about all the other one's he missed leading up to them even being in the situation, though? He was bad in the fourth quarter, missing a lot of passes top tier quarterback's regularly make in similar situations. The receivers are bad, but the qb should not be immune to criticism.

From The Athletic, I think this is spot on-
    Going forward, Wentz is not the problem. But he needs to play better to be considered in the top tier of quarterbacks, as he was in 2017. In particular, he must improve in the fourth quarter. He has one touchdown this season in the fourth quarter, along with a 68.4 passer rating and a 54.6 percent completion percentage. And when the lead is within seven points in the fourth quarter, he has a 71.2 passer rating with no touchdowns. That’s not good enough in close games. He had a 119.8 quarterback rating and five touchdowns in those situations last season.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    ^ I didn't think that one was catchable in bounds. Look, we're talking about game saving plays here. How about all the other one's he missed leading up to them even being in the situation, though? He was bad in the fourth quarter, missing a lot of passes top tier quarterback's regularly make in similar situations. The receivers are bad, but the qb should not be immune to criticism.

Going forward, Wentz is not the problem. But he needs to play better to be considered in the top tier of quarterbacks, as he was in 2017. In particular, he must improve in the fourth quarter. He has one touchdown this season in the fourth quarter, along with a 68.4 passer rating and a 54.6 percent completion percentage. And when the lead is within seven points in the fourth quarter, he has a 71.2 passer rating with no touchdowns. That’s not good enough in close games. He had a 119.8 quarterback rating and five touchdowns in those situations last season.

This is absolutely the correct take. The funny thing is McNabb had it wayyyy worse at this point in his career. If anything everyone is trying to make every excuse under the sun for Carson. I WONDER WHAT THE DIFFERENCE COULD BE.
  • Options

This is absolutely the correct take. The funny thing is McNabb had it wayyyy worse at this point in his career. If anything everyone is trying to make every excuse under the sun for Carson. I WONDER WHAT THE DIFFERENCE COULD BE.
    i think it's winning the Super Bowl 2 years ago more than race. there isn't quite the vitriol after a loss by Eagles these days because of that Super Bowl.  But Wentz is taking a lot of shit this week.  I mean it wasn't like failed against the Jets. I would think with Juggler's man crush on Bellichek he'd give Wentz a bit more leeway this week.
  • Options
    He just runs aimlessly. Why he doesn't slow down and turn his body to the ball? Because he sucks, that's why. If he just stopped running, we have pass interference. 
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

i think it's winning the Super Bowl 2 years ago more than race. there isn't quite the vitriol after a loss by Eagles these days because of that Super Bowl.  But Wentz is taking a lot of shit this week.  I mean it wasn't like failed against the Jets. I would think with Juggler's man crush on Bellichek he'd give Wentz a bit more leeway this week.

He's the 26th most accurate passer in the league. It's the whole season.

And...he wasn't that good against the Jets either, for what it's worth.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    He just runs aimlessly. Why he doesn't slow down and turn his body to the ball? Because he sucks, that's why. If he just stopped running, we have pass interference. 
    Why? Because he lost the ball in the wind !
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

so yes you want him to be exceptional with the worse receiving core in the league. he can be better sure, but with this receiving core you can't expect too much. they are flat out awful right now.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

so yes you want him to be exceptional with the worse receiving core in the league. he can be better sure, but with this receiving core you can't expect too much. they are flat out awful right now.

Kyle Allen, Mason Rudolph, Mitch Trubisky, Daniel Jones, and Sam Darnold are the humpsacks directly above him in completion percentage. How is the Jets receiving corps?

He's getting paid to be a top 5 quarterback....not like someone lumped in with these guys. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Kyle Allen, Mason Rudolph, Mitch Trubisky, Daniel Jones, and Sam Darnold are the humpsacks directly above him in completion percentage. How is the Jets receiving corps?

He's getting paid to be a top 5 quarterback....not like someone lumped in with these guys. 
    i like how you handpick one stat but let's play along. his receivers have the most drops in the league or close to it . not that that plays into completion percentage of anything right? 

some other stats:
    QBR he is 7th in the league behind the 4 leading candidates for MVP and Matthew Stafford.
    Passer Rating he is 18th. not great but not terrible
    TDs he is 12th and has thrown a TD in 13 straight games the longest streak in the league
    Interceptions there are only 3 guys who have started as many games as he has with as few or less interceptions as he has.
    5th in the league in 3rd down completion %

as i said before I agree he can be better but he hasn't been bad either.  he's had 1 bad game in atlanta and last week was just ok against the #1 ranked defense in the league. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

i like how you handpick one stat but let's play along. his receivers have the most drops in the league or close to it . not that that plays into completion percentage of anything right? 

some other stats:
    QBR he is 7th in the league behind the 4 leading candidates for MVP and Matthew Stafford.
    TDs he is 12th and has thrown a TD in 13 straight games the longest streak in the league
    Interceptions there are only 3 guys who have started as many games as he has with as few or less interceptions as he has.

as i said before I agree he can be better but he hasn't been bad either.  he's had 1 bad game in atlanta and last week was just ok against the #1 ranked defense in the league. 
    18th in passer rating is something you want to cite to DEFEND Carson? That’s the definition of having an average/somewhat below average season. Look at the names around him there. Qb rating has always been the definitive stat regarding quarterbacks. That’s simply not good enough. The qb’s I mention too also don’t have a lot of weapons and also have a lot of drops. Carson is supposed to be much better than all of them. 

He’s getting paid to be one of the best in the game. Most guaranteed money in the history of the game. Yet he’s been average at best. And there is no excuse for his inaccuracy in today’s NFL. 

He must play better. Luckily the schedule eases up in the second half. Doug’s gotta do a better job of moving him around too. 

Also only Jameis Winston has more fumbles than Carson since 2016. Gotta protect the football and get rid of it faster. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wind!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    edited November 2019
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

some other stats:

Most guaranteed money in the history of the game. 
    Actually Goff got slighlty more guaranteed money when he signed in Spetember ($110M to $107.9M).
    So things could be worse. You could be tied to that schlub instead for a few more bucks.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

some other stats:

Most guaranteed money in the history of the game. 
    Actually Goff got slighlty more guaranteed money when he signed in Spetember ($110M to $107.9M).
    So things could be worse. You could be tied to that schlub instead for a few more bucks.
    I meant at the time he signed. Wentz is better than Goff. I'm convinced of that. That's why I'm upset that he has played like this this year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Goff looks absolutely terrible this year by any metric you want to use...

27th in passer rating
    11TDs to 10 INTs
    30th in completion pct.
    27th in QBR

That contract is going to be a huge albatross for the Lambs.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Goff looks absolutely terrible this year by any metric you want to use...

27th in passer rating
    11TDs to 10 INTs
    30th in completion pct.
    27th in QBR

That contract is going to be a huge albatross for the Lambs.
    Yuck
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wind!
    Yeah, just like he lost the ball in the lights VS Atlanta>LOL

He's got to go, right?

Wentz is the least of the Eagles problems.
  • Options
    Very Kool of the Eagles to do this.

(It was reported about a hour ago that  the 10 year boy has died. Very sad)

Game is on now:

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2019/11/live-video-wednesday-camden-pleasantville-suspended-playoff-football-game-resumes-hosted-by-eagles.html

LIVE NOW: Camden-Pleasantville suspended playoff football game resumes, hosted by Eagles

The high school football playoff game between Camden and Pleasantville that was horrifically interrupted by gunfire on Friday, Nov. 15, will be resumed Wednesday, hosted by the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.

You can watch the resumption of the game on NJ.com, right here, free of charge, starting at 4 p.m.

About an hour before game time, news began to circulate that Micah Tennant, the 10-year-old boy that was shot on Friday, had died Wednesday from his injuries.

Camden led 6-0 with 4:58 left in the third quarter when shots rang out in the Pleasantville bleachers, and three people were hurt, including the 10-year-old boy. Six people were eventually charged in the incident, including one of the victims.

The game was suspended at that point and the NJSIAA decided it would be concluded at a neutral site. The Eagles stepped up to host the rest of the game and logistics were finalized Monday. Attendance will be limited to guests of the two schools.

• Options
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wind!

He's got to go, right?

He should not be immune to criticism though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutz said:

Game is on now:

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2019/11/live-video-wednesday-camden-pleasantville-suspended-playoff-football-game-resumes-hosted-by-eagles.html

LIVE NOW: Camden-Pleasantville suspended playoff football game resumes, hosted by Eagles

The high school football playoff game between Camden and Pleasantville that was horrifically interrupted by gunfire on Friday, Nov. 15, will be resumed Wednesday, hosted by the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.

You can watch the resumption of the game on NJ.com, right here, free of charge, starting at 4 p.m.

About an hour before game time, news began to circulate that Micah Tennant, the 10-year-old boy that was shot on Friday, had died Wednesday from his injuries.

Camden led 6-0 with 4:58 left in the third quarter when shots rang out in the Pleasantville bleachers, and three people were hurt, including the 10-year-old boy. Six people were eventually charged in the incident, including one of the victims.

The game was suspended at that point and the NJSIAA decided it would be concluded at a neutral site. The Eagles stepped up to host the rest of the game and logistics were finalized Monday. Attendance will be limited to guests of the two schools.

Yea, fucking cool. Just great. Lets see if every NFL team can host a game and honor a victim. Shouldn’t be hard. Specially with thanksgiving coming up. ‘Murica.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    cutz said:

Game is on now:

Yea, fucking cool. Just great. Lets see if every NFL team can host a game and honor a victim. Shouldn’t be hard. Specially with thanksgiving coming up. ‘Murica.
    Yeah, it was fucking cool, under the tragic circumstance, that the Eagles held the game.  I read that a lot of people agreed including those from each school.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wind!

He's got to go, right?

I know. He over ran the ball and had to reach back for it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wind!

He's got to go, right?

The three errant passes just before this last ditched effort don't concern you gents in the least?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wind!

He's got to go, right?

The three errant passes just before this last ditched effort don't concern you gents in the least?
    Little bit in that this has happened for wentz before in that situation. Hard to blame him for pressing though with this slop at receiver.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Wind!

He's got to go, right?

This is what gets me. Some people legitimately think that if like three passes went different, and were caught, we'd be like 8-2 or something. The flaws are larger than that and to keep harping about a 4th and 10 desperation throw is to discount the overall blame everyone on this team deserves to have thrown at them.