Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    We're now working on our fourth project, the Vare Recreation Center on Morris Street.

Wish I knew more about who this Abigail Vare is.Wikipedia doesn't have much besides a politician and contractor.  That old school across from Dickenson Square that is a beautiful building and was recently turned into condos is named after her as well.  Clearly had a pretty big impact on South Philly it seems.

Meanwhile, awesome use of that historical building.  Yes, more condos, but not the cookie cutter ones that are taking the place of the historical buildings.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    We're now working on our fourth project, the Vare Recreation Center on Morris Street.

Wish I knew more about who this Abigail Vare is.Wikipedia doesn't have much besides a politician and contractor.  That old school across from Dickenson Square that is a beautiful building and was recently turned into condos is named after her as well.  Clearly had a pretty big impact on South Philly it seems.

Meanwhile, awesome use of that historical building.  Yes, more condos, but not the cookie cutter ones that are taking the place of the historical buildings.
    My dad went to school there. My stance is I'd rather a vacated school become a school. My next stance is I'd rather it become something instead of nothing.
  • Options

My dad went to school there. My stance is I'd rather a vacated school become a school. My next stance is I'd rather it become something instead of nothing.
    No shit. Huh.

well yeah, very much agreed but better than what’s happening on 8th st to the jewelers 
  • Options

No shit. Huh.

well yeah, very much agreed but better than what’s happening on 8th st to the jewelers 
    Absolutely. I just know there's some weirdos in this world who have a problem with a place like Bok. It's not the developer's fault the school district sold the building. I'm quite happy with what Bok has become, all things considered. Same with Vare.

The kind of person at this point who is buying a place on Jeweler's Row....is not my kind of person, but that's cool, whatever.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    right back in this playoff thing boys!  Jeffrey is really really pissing me off more and more each week. Dropped another catchable ball, but then he kinda made up for it on the last one he caught.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    edited November 2019
    right back in this playoff thing boys!  Jeffrey is really really pissing me off more and more each week. Dropped another catchable ball, but then he kinda made up for it on the last one he caught.
    I thought he missed about three catchable balls. I’m not a guy who complains about play calling much or like running the ball but I thought Pederson ignored the run way too much in the second half until they last drive.  Two solid wins last two weeks. Go at least one and one in next two after bye and in good shape

Dillard has been really solid too. he is going to be a stud.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,255
    edited November 2019
    Dillard has been really good. Might want to consider letting him be the starter from here on out. 

I had them at 6-3 at this point, beating the Lions. So despite all the injuries and offense sputtering, they're only slightly off pace. Get healthy. Two huge games after the bye then the schedule lightens up.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    edited November 2019
    DeSean Jackson is done. Tore abdominal muscle off of the bone.

MAYBE he should've had surgery weeks ago?

Report: out 4-6 weeks.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    This FO hasn't performed very well this year. The timing of this announcement is cowardly. Doug spoke earlier today and said he should be ready for NE. Now this gets released and no one will speak with the media until after the bye week.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Desean Jackson can go f-ck himself. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This isn't just on him. This team bungled this the fuck up as well.
  • Options
    yeah pretty much. sucks ass though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The team cannot force him to get a surgery though. I guess none of us know what went on behind the scenes. Clearly the smarter decision would've been to have it done in September. He'd probably be ready for the Pats had he gone through with it right away. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    The team cannot force him to get a surgery though. I guess none of us know what went on behind the scenes. Clearly the smarter decision would've been to have it done in September. He'd probably be ready for the Pats had he gone through with it right away. 
    not necessarily. from nbc sports.com/philadelphia below.  If the below is true you owe Desean an apology.

"DeSean opted to not have surgery seven weeks ago because it is a really tricky injury. Some players can recover by just rehabbing. Some core muscle surgeries are successful, some aren't. Some players say their injury is worse after surgery. Some players still feel soreness and pain even after surgery.

I’m told DeSean did everything he could in rehab, flying in his trainer multiple times, doing rehab at the NovaCare Complex and at home. He was not 100 percent going into the Bears game but he pushed himself and wanted to be back out there for his teammates, especially Carson Wentz."

• Options
    I'm shocked that we signed Matthews but he's got to better than what we have. His only year in the league he didn't play with us was 2017.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    I'm shocked that we signed Matthews but he's got to better than what we have. His only year in the league he didn't play with us was 2017.
    This is his third time with the team?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    They should've signed Mathews the moment they decided to not do shit at the deadline. Emmanuel Sanders would've looked good in midnight green. Ugh.

How about these new Carson commercials? Cringe worthy to say the least. I could be wrong, but I think the guy dancing for him is a Cliffy approved comedian. Looks like the guy from that Geico commercial. Terrible. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    This is his third time with the team?
    Yes. Crazy that he's only 27.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    They should've signed Mathews the moment they decided to not do shit at the deadline. Emmanuel Sanders would've looked good in midnight green. Ugh.

How about these new Carson commercials? Cringe worthy to say the least. I could be wrong, but I think the guy dancing for him is a Cliffy approved comedian. Looks like the guy from that Geico commercial. Terrible. 
    That NRG commercial is awful. They must've filmed that awhile ago because Carson has no facial hair.

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

:rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Link?
  • Options
    It is the guy from the screw Geico commercial. Tommy Pope.
  • Options
    i am not a huge fan of Tommy pope’s stand up, but I think he’s great in the sketches and obviously want to see him do well.

McKeever is out of comedy, but Luke Cunningham got a show, I just saw. that’s pretty awesome 
  • Options
    i am not a huge fan of Tommy pope’s stand up, but I think he’s great in the sketches and obviously want to see him do well.

McKeever is out of comedy, but Luke Cunningham got a show, I just saw. that’s pretty awesome 
    Going on record here to say that Tommy Pope kinda sucks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Pope is pretty much the only one of that crew that I have not paid to see do stand up.  I have seen him come out with McKeever. And he won Philly's Phunniest, but I don't find his stand up all that great.  McKeever on the other hand is hysterical and it's a shame he quit.  I think Pope adds a good bit to the sketches, he can be too much though, and he clearly wrote for them. I just think Philly comedy is super underrated and want to see anyone from that group succeed because I think they are great.  Luke Cunningham is doing extremely well (Fallon, this new show he got picket up), Daryl just recorded at Helium, but they haven't done too much with them over the past few years. Chip Chantry is doing very well too.

It's a shame Gillis had that completely unfunny racist shit on his podcast get him the boot from SNL, because he is actually funny.  That was not funny at all though. Gotta be funny if your're gonna toe the line.

I am all in on any Philly comedian.  It's a funny group.

Think Pope has a gambling podcast or some shit. Haven't listened and don't plan to.
  • Options

Pope is pretty much the only one of that crew that I have not paid to see do stand up.  I have seen him come out with McKeever. And he won Philly's Phunniest, but I don't find his stand up all that great.  McKeever on the other hand is hysterical and it's a shame he quit.  I think Pope adds a good bit to the sketches, he can be too much though, and he clearly wrote for them. I just think Philly comedy is super underrated and want to see anyone from that group succeed because I think they are great.  Luke Cunningham is doing extremely well (Fallon, this new show he got picket up), Daryl just recorded at Helium, but they haven't done too much with them over the past few years. Chip Chantry is doing very well too.

It's a shame Gillis had that completely unfunny racist shit on his podcast get him the boot from SNL, because he is actually funny.  That was not funny at all though. Gotta be funny if your're gonna toe the line.

I am all in on any Philly comedian.  It's a funny group.

Think Pope has a gambling podcast or some shit. Haven't listened and don't plan to.
    Anyway, this Tommy Pope character sucks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Brooks got deservedly paid.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Wonder why they moved the Eagles/Seahawks game from 8:20 to 1:00? Niners/Packers got moved to that spot now.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Wonder why they moved the Eagles/Seahawks game from 8:20 to 1:00? Niners/Packers got moved to that spot now.
    At least give us a 4 o'clocker...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    While I get the appeal of flexing in Niners/Packers, still a little surprising, its not like Eagles/Seahawks is a low level match up. Don't think ratings will be much (if at all) different due to the switch. If the Niners hadn't lost Monday it would definitely have made sense, but now it just looks like a lateral move that messes with ticket holders in 2 cities less than 2 weeks before the games. So, typical NFL.
    This weekend we rock Portland