******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    yeah little closer than it probably should have been, but we'll take it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    MONSTER year for shhhhhhhhhhhady
    Remember were the fools. We like Kelly because of his pressers :lol: Hopefully all fake fans can move to KC.

was it a good press conference tonight? I know you guys care about that stuff as much as the media

obviously a great start to the game but nothing really to change my attitude about this team. good to great offense if stay healthy and vick doesn't revert to a turnonver machine, but still a shitty pass defense and secondary. 1st half defense was mostly lousy offense by the skins. Griffin missed at least 4 wide open receivers in the 1st half. as I mentioned before lots of 35-30 games this year. should be at least fun to watch and the division is wide open. no one looked very good this weekend in the division.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    maybe I spoke to soon about the defense.........

felt like billy davis was blitzing too much in the 2nd half. i like the aggressiveness, but they should have adjusted when bobby griffin started to get going. chung's effort on that last td pass was atrocious. he let the wr get behind and then jumped about 2 seconds too early. awful. but carey williams looked great. kendricks was a beast. and trent cole looked surprisingly good. boykins played well too.

on offense, they got too conservative too early. vick made some mistakes against the blitz, again. and he took too many hits. but overall, i was happy with his game. 25 pass attempts is perfect for him. shady looked like the best back in the league tonight. they did leave too many points off the board though.

overall---pretty solid start for the new regime. let's make it 2-0 on sunday. GO.BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Mccoy-GIF.gif

love watching this guy play. check out avant and cooper's down field blocks too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks wrote:
    Griffin missed at least 4 wide open receivers in the 1st half.

So did Vick or it would've been worse for RGknee and the skins.

I had more fun last night than I did all of last season. I'll take games like that all year. At least it will be interesting. Can anyone else in the league make moves like Shady?

Dude, let the pc thing go and just enjoy some football. Do you have any complaints about the Rocky/Phanatic signs they used? Were they calling plays to quickly? Did the D create too many TO's?

Cary Williams and Kendricks were great.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

So did Vick or it would've been worse for RGknee and the .

I had more fun last night than I did all of last season. I'll take games like that all year. At least it will be interesting. Can anyone else in the league make moves like Shady?

Dude, let the pc thing go and just enjoy some football. Do you have any complaints about the Rocky/Phanatic signs they used? Were they calling plays to quickly? Did the D create too many TO's?
    Everyone has an agenda. The Reid lovers are slow to come around, just like Andy was with everything he did.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I thought there was a flag on almost every play because of the yellow tipped shoes the skins were wearing.

Vick got speared again in the chest with a helmet in the pocket with no call. Brady, Manning, Rodgers get those calls. :?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

So did Vick or it would've been worse for RGknee and the skins.

Cary Williams and Kendricks were great.

not disputing that it was a really good win. any road division win is a really good win. just pointing out some of the negatives which weren't any different than what was expected. at least I didn't nitpick bad play calls, bad challenge and bad timeout (and lack there of a timeout when should have) by the coach like some did ad nauseum for the last 5 years...and I could have...

only pc complaints I have is the NFL has to do something to quicken the pace of reviews and challenges. for as quick as the eagles offense played in the 1st quarter no way it should have taken almost an hour for that quarter to be played. it's absurd that the refs have to go all the way over the sidelines for a review. they should have an off field official doing it as soon as the play is over and signal down to the ref. the down time in football can be pretty nauseating after a while.

and the nfl has effectively ended kickoffs - why not just give the team the ball at the 20 (I actually think they should get it at the 25 or 30 instead) instead of the charade that has become kickoffs boomed out of the end zone every time.
    pjhawks wrote:

only pc complaints I have is the NFL has to do something to quicken the pace of reviews and challenges. for as quick as the eagles offense played in the 1st quarter no way it should have taken almost an hour for that quarter to be played. it's absurd that the refs have to go all the way over the sidelines for a review. they should have an off field official doing it as soon as the play is over and signal down to the ref. the down time in football can be pretty nauseating after a while.

Totally agree with the above. After Boykin's INT the delay was way too long for the review, which was inconclusive about down by contact, that gave the Wash D time to rest.

Of course there were negatives last night. I think we're all pleasantly surprised that there were more postives though.

I thought the offsides on Barwin when RG was in the endzone was bullshit. RG was basically convulsing to draw us off. It should've been on him. A hand pump is one thing but his entire upper body moved twice.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    ST were almost perfect. Only mistake I noticed was Damaris returning a kickoff 6 yds deep after they cut the lead to 33-20. No need to risk it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Totally agree with the above. After Boykin's INT the delay was way too long for the review, which was inconclusive about down by contact, that gave the Wash D time to rest.

Of course there were negatives last night. I think we're all pleasantly surprised that there were more postives though.

I thought the offsides on Barwin when RG was in the endzone was bullshit. RG was basically convulsing to draw us off. It should've been on him. A hand pump is one thing but his entire upper body moved twice.

Yeah of course there were negatives. There are expected to be negatives and a learning curve for a rookie coach in Year One. Last night was the equivalent to Reid's first game against the Bucs 14 years ago when they blew a 20 point lead and lost. Brian Finneran! :fp: At least they hung on last night. Not bad as far as starting points go.

This division looks pretty poopy again. Most people see this team winning around 7 games. I think around 9 wins this division.

7.5 point favorites this week. Be pretty cool to head into the Andy/Donovan game 2-0....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It's just nice that there's a little buzz about them right now. We haven't had that during the season in a while.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    After 32 missed tackles in four preseason games, the Eagles had only three against the Redskins. They didn't have a game with less than four last season.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    king dunlap starts for the chargers.

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    fletcher is out so boykins gets the start tomorrow. i like this kid but i wish he had a little more size though.

i think birds win by double digits. BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    fletcher is out so boykins gets the start tomorrow. i like this kid but i wish he had a little more size though.

i think birds win by double digits. BIRDS!

:?

Eddie Royal is a "royal" pain in the ass today. Defense looks shaky. And De Jack is like a double edge swor today helping and hurting us :fp:

Luckily Still time left :corn:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    what the what?!?! why did Philly call all those time outs at the end? Did Andy Reid leave his clock management handbook behind?

:fp:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    what the what?!?! why did Philly call all those time outs at the end? Did Andy Reid leave his clock management handbook behind?

Yeah def. Andy Reid-esq there. No idea. On the bright side Dallas also lost :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

worse than the timeouts at the end was running not 1, but 2 plays before the 2 minute warning when you already were in chip shot field goal range. play before Vick got hurt ended at 2:25. could have let the clock run down (or forced san diego to take a timeout or two) instead ran 2 incomplete passes before the 2 minute warning giving san diego a minimum of an extra 25 seconds once they got the ball back. just awful.

hard to figure getting over 500 yards on offense with no turnovers and lose.

7 straight home losses now.

nate allen...man he still sucks.

good news is every team is this division is average at best.

have to beat the Chiefs if want to do anything with this season. can't start 1-3 and aren't beating Denver in week 4 so Thursday is a must win. can't imagine the chiefs going 3-0 so I love the birds in that game.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    average is nice to the NFC East outside of the Giants we all suck. And the GMen are 0-2.
    I guess we should get used to these types of games this year. I didn't get to watch the second half. I followed along on twitter.

Seahawks looked nasty last night. I remember having a D like that.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Kerry Rhodes would look damn good in a Brids jersey right now, and would be light years ahead of anyone else that could play the safety position on this team. And all because he kissed a dude he can't get work. Unbelievable. Can't believe this isn't a bigger story.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Kerry Rhodes would look damn good in a Brids jersey right now, and would be light years ahead of anyone else that could play the safety position on this team. And all because he kissed a dude he can't get work. Unbelievable. Can't believe this isn't a bigger story.

He's working out for the Giants tomorrow. Hoping they sign him.

I can't give you a scouting report on him but I'd give him a bajillion dollars right now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I would find it hilarious for this story to be addressed on sports talk in this city. People's heads would explode.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I would find it hilarious for this story to be addressed on sports talk in this city. People's heads would explode.

Yes, that would be pretty phenomenal.

not that there's anything wrong with it. it is pretty crazy that this is the first week he's even gotten any interest from teams, however you gotta think that an nfl locker room is one of the last places in this country where a gay dude would be tolerated. but if he doesn't get signed and our safeties don't improve on thursday, i would definitely give him a look. they'd have the benefit of a few extra days off too. if not, i'm okay with benching allen letting wolf sink or swim back there. he got a lot more snaps on sunday than in the opener.

play calling and clock management in 4th quarter looked very reidish to me. gotta be able to slow it down in those situations. definitely a learning curve for the chippah this year....

thursday is going to be nuts. i can't wait to get down there.

BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I guess we should get used to these types of games this year. I didn't get to watch the second half. I followed along on twitter.

Seahawks looked nasty last night. I remember having a D like that.

heard someone say the birds have a 12-4 offense and a 4-12 defense. :lol: sounds about right.

can you imagine the squawks d to go along with this offense though? we need an '02-ish draft to build up the secondary this spring...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    if this season has any chance to being at least semi-successful tonight is an absolute must win. with 3 road games in a row after tonight, including an unwinnable one next week in Denver, it's imperative to win tonight. that being said I don't see KC being a team to go 3-0 so I love the Birds tonight. and not a big fan of Thursday night games.