Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Things not lining up well for the Bears to play for anything next week right?
    If they win, they will still have a shot at a bye. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    edited December 2018
    gosh darn Juggler there must have been an awful lot of prevent defenses in the Birds game today.  teams combined to drop back to pass (including watson's scrambles) 75% of the time. shocked they could put up almost 800 yards of offense and 62 points without a balance attack on either side. shocked i tell ya.

I am guessing the division winners that don't get byes don't want to see either the Eagles or the Steelers make the playoffs.  Dangerous wild card teams if they make it.

Surprised Foles wasn't seriously hurt on the helmet to the chest on the last drive (although with this medical staff maybe a crack shows up a week or two). he took a brutal shot there.

why do kickers miss so many damn extra points?

Merry Christmas

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    edited December 2018
    pjhawks said:

Why do dumb coaches go for 2 when up 13-9 in the first half?

Saint Nick saved both Pederson and Elliott from being publicly drawn and quartered on the steps of the Museum of Art.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

Saint Nick saved both Pederson and Elliott from being publicly drawn and quartered on the steps of the Museum of Art.
    Art museum 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    They should just cut Wentz and go with Foles.
    We should just cut you and go with the parrot. 
    :) 
    Just beat the damn Texans Sunday please.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

Art museum 
    Tomato, tomato.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    pjhawks said:
    gosh darn Juggler there must have been an awful lot of prevent defenses in the Birds game today.  teams combined to drop back to pass (including watson's scrambles) 75% of the time. shocked they could put up almost 800 yards of offense and 62 points without a balance attack on either side. shocked i tell ya.

Merry Christmas

Hi Liz! So I guess you're wanting to have your dumb argument every single week now? Thats cool!

Since you love small sample sizes, let's take a gander at the Sunday night game before I big picture it for you:
    The Seahawks beat one of the better teams in the league by passing 29 times and running it (minus Wilson scrambles) 35 times. That's a lot of times! And they scored more points than the Eagles who threw it 75% of the time. My goodness. How could that be?! Shocked, I tell ya. (see how that worked?)

Big picture for the Eagles?
    62/38 pass/run ratio this year. 

Break down by quarter for the Eagles?
    1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

Oh, and your Super Bowl Champions from last year? What did they do? Because, you know, Super Bowl Champions tend to have a lot of success so maybe that's a good indicator of what successful teams do, right? Right!

56/44 pass/run for the year
    1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Thanks.
    You're welcome, though I think your dynasty is finally on it's last legs up there. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Thanks.
    You're welcome, though I think your dynasty is finally on it's last legs up there. 
    The bye week (assuming no hiccup against the Jets) could do wonders. We're well on the back nine, probably on the 18th fairway, but just looking for that one last birdie (just missed shooting an eagle last season).
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Thanks.
    The bye week (assuming no hiccup against the Jets) could do wonders. We're well on the back nine, probably on the 18th fairway, but just looking for that one last birdie (just missed shooting an eagle last season).
    I've never been a Pats hater, as you know. Betting on them has always been easy money until this year. I don't think I've ever lost back to back games with them till last week. Even the Pats second half bets have not worked much this year.

But yeah, the bye is key for them.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Legend Continues

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Merry Christmas

Hi Liz! So I guess you're wanting to have your dumb argument every single week now? Thats cool!

Since you love small sample sizes, let's take a gander at the Sunday night game before I big picture it for you:
    The Seahawks beat one of the better teams in the league by passing 29 times and running it (minus Wilson scrambles) 35 times. That's a lot of times! And they scored more points than the Eagles who threw it 75% of the time. My goodness. How could that be?! Shocked, I tell ya. (see how that worked?)

1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

Oh, and your Super Bowl Champions from last year? What did they do? Because, you know, Super Bowl Champions tend to have a lot of success so maybe that's a good indicator of what successful teams do, right? Right!

1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

Haha but every big play they made game in the passing game. I don’t think you were jerking off on Russell Wilson in the nfl thread because of all his hand offs.                                             

Merry Christmas. Saint Nick is alive in philly
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Merry Christmas

1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

Haha but every big play they made game in the passing game. I don’t think you were jerking off on Russell Wilson in the nfl thread because of all his hand offs.                                             

That is another perfect example of how a balanced attack can help your quarterback. You’re not bright. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    edited December 2018
    they play better for Foles than they do for Wentz. Except when you play the Giants. Then you always play tough
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    they play better for Foles than they do for Wentz. Except when you play the Giants. Then you always play tough
    If only we can play the Giants more than twice a year. 

Merry Christmas!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited December 2018
    Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. The game was great. Go Bears & 49ers!!
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. The game was great. Go Bears & 49ers!!
    Vikings line has gone from 6.5 to -4.5. 

Basically a playoff game on Sunday. I can't wait. If they get in, they're playing their best football of the year....you never know what can happen. Go Birds (and, yeah, Bears & Niners)!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Merry Christmas

1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

That is another perfect example of how a balanced attack can help your quarterback. You’re not bright. 
    in your opinion. i think it takes the ball out of your best players hand too often.

Will be interesting to see if the Birds play Wallace this week.  Crowded at receiver especially if continue trend to use Goedert with Erzt more.  Not sure how Wallace fits now.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Merry Christmas

1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

in your opinion. i think it takes the ball out of your best players hand too often.

Will be interesting to see if the Birds play Wallace this week.  Crowded at receiver especially if continue trend to use Goedert with Erzt more.  Not sure how Wallace fits now.
    It's the opinion of everyone who knows what they're talking about.....as evidenced by no one passing it 80% of the time on a regular basis (even in the pass happy Arena League). Why do you keep beating this dead horse?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Merry Christmas

1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

It's the opinion of everyone who knows what they're talking about.....as evidenced by no one passing it 80% of the time on a regular basis (even in the pass happy Arena League). Why do you keep beating this dead horse?
    1st off fucking stop with the 80% shit.  I said it one time almost a fucking decade ago.  Yes I believe most teams don't pass enough that is true but doesn't mean I want every team to pass exactly 80% of the time.  i've said this before but clearly you can't get it through you're thick fucking head.

2nd it's funny that it makes it so annoyed.

3rd just because no one does it doesn't mean it can't be done. you can't prove something that has never been tried. just because people 'believe' you have to be balanced doesn't make it fact.   and seeing how it does work at times, you know like last week, there is no definitive reason why passing a lot more than teams currently do can't work over a 16 game schedule. ZERO evidence that it can't work. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Merry Christmas

1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

1st off fucking stop with the 80% shit.  I said it one time almost a fucking decade ago.  Yes I believe most teams don't pass enough that is true but doesn't mean I want every team to pass exactly 80% of the time.  i've said this before but clearly you can't get it through you're thick fucking head.

3rd just because no one does it doesn't mean it can't be done. you can't prove something that has never been tried. just because people 'believe' you have to be balanced doesn't make it fact.   and seeing how it does work at times, you know like last week, there is no definitive reason why passing a lot more than teams currently do can't work over a 16 game schedule. ZERO evidence that it can't work. 
    1-It's an argument that you originally brought up when Mike Vick was the qb and have advocated for and have continually brought up adnauseam ever since. If this is not what you're arguing, then what exactly is your point and why do you keep bringing it up?

2-It's amusing to me to continually prove you wrong time after time. 

3-Again--what are you arguing? Why do you keep bringing this up? Do you want to throw it 80%? 75%? 70%? Are you in favor of defenses being in prevent all game/every game and never adjusting to an offense that throws it nonstop? Do you believe you are some kind of a football savant/genius who has figured out a new way to play the game? Maybe you should send your resume to the Eagles.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Merry Christmas

1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

1-It's an argument that you originally brought up when Mike Vick was the qb and have advocated for and have continually brought up adnauseam ever since. If this is not what you're arguing, then what exactly is your point and why do you keep bringing it up?
    yes almost a decade ago when the morons like you complained about run-pass ratio in a game that it had zero to do with losing

see below. scientifically you can't prove something that has never been tested.  but i love how you always respond in annoyance.  it makes my day.

3-Again--what are you arguing? Why do you keep bringing this up? Do you want to throw it 80%? 75%? 70%? Are you in favor of defenses being in prevent all game/every game and never adjusting to an offense that throws it nonstop? Do you believe you are some kind of a football savant/genius who has figured out a new way to play the game? Maybe you should send your resume to the Eagles.
    Yes clearly i am

• Options
    edited December 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Merry Christmas

1-59/41
    2-64/36
    3-62/38
    4-62/38

1-55/45
    2-60/40
    3-59/41
    4-49/51

Merry Christmas, Liz. 

Go. Birds. 

yes almost a decade ago when the morons like you complained about run-pass ratio in a game that it had zero to do with losing

see below. scientifically you can't prove something that has never been tested.  but i love how you always respond in annoyance.  it makes my day.

Yes clearly i am

So I've successfully devolved you into a conspiracy theorist.

The onus is not on me to prove your hypothesis, fella. That's on you.

And so far, all you've got is the small sample size theory of pointing to the "shootout" game or saying "well it works against prevent defenses so it must work all the time," These are the kinds of arguments people like my brother's mother in law make--people who do not know what the hell they are talking about. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    Go Birds (and Bears)!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Bad feeling the Vikes win but hopefully Bears can give us at least some hope.  Go Bears.  Eagles 31-13
  • Options
    Image result for now we play the waiting game

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Great overall win offensively and defensively. First shutout since '14.  Hope Foles' injury isn't too serious.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Oh, look at that. We’re the hottest team in the league at the absolute perfect time. 

All coming together...

BIRDS. 
    chinese-happy.jpg