******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The Fixer wrote:
    i felt kendricks wasn't utilized well last year. they had him on the tight end too much. time to unleash him on the quarterback.

regarding pumpkin ales: why anyone would try anything from blue moon is beyond me. drinking smuttynose pumpkin ale tonight. not bad. little more sour than most other pumpkin ales. almost like a pale ale brewed with pumpkin. good stuff.

Yeah, they should have put their other great cover LBs on the tight ends last year. Hopefully your boy connor 'barlow' can do a better job this year. :lol:

you're right about blue moon...point was not all pumpkin beer is good. I like trying new beers, but I can't stand the beer snob crowd. 'Oh look at me, I have this obscure beer.' Turds. Most of the time I will order a beer, then forget what I'm drinking after the first sip because I don't care. I enjoy trying beers, but I'm not one of those beer douches who's gonna tell people what they should or shouldn't be drinking.

it's barwin. i realize they didn't have another great tight end last year but you still have play to your players' strengths. i guess that was part of the problem with having the offensive line coach coordinate the d last year.

i'm far from a beer snob. cliff sounds more like a beer snob than me :lol: i just enjoy trying different beers and learning about them...but i'll take all the advice i can get from the snobs.

just over a week away now
    chinese-happy.jpg
    danny watkins got cut. what a bust. i think the only other 1st round pick to stay on the team for less time was jon harris. 2011 may go down as the worst draft in eagles history.

thankfully they got lucky with kelce late and henery is a capable nfl kicker but i challenge you to look at this list and refrain from puking on your keyboard:

Danny Watkins G 1 Cut after just 2 seasons with the team.
    Jaiquawn Jarrett S 2 Cut after just 1 season with the team.
    Curtis Marsh CB 3 Currently on the bubble. 4th CB this year, at best.
    Casey Matthews LB 4 Currently on bubble, backup ILB, at best.
    Alex Henery K 4 Good NFL kicker.
    Dion Lewis RB 5 Off-the-field issues, traded for Emmanuel Acho, who may turn out to be a good player.
    Julian Vandervelde C/G 5 Cut in each of his first 2 years with the team, likely to stick this year as a backup C/G.
    Jason Kelce C 6 Good starting C, with upside.
    Brian Rolle LB 6 Cut after one season.
    Greg Lloyd LB 7 Never made team.
    Stanley Havili FB 7 Played in his second year in 2012, traded for Clifton Geathers.

yuck
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    This just goes to show you what can happen if you 4-5 consecutive poor drafts. You can blame Reid, Roseman and Banner for this current mess.

Here we go. Well, the O should be better no matter who is the QB. The ST seems to at least be consistent compared to last year and that alone will help. The D can't be as bad as last year, can it? Even if they are, the team's overall play will be improved because the O and ST are better.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    This just goes to show you what can happen if you 4-5 consecutive poor drafts. You can blame Reid, Roseman and Banner for this current mess.

Here we go. Well, the O should be better no matter who is the QB. The ST seems to at least be consistent compared to last year and that alone will help. The D can't be as bad as last year, can it? Even if they are, the team's overall play will be improved because the O and ST are better.

we've looked at their drafts going back a decade, especially on the defensive side. it's really no surprise we are where we are...this isn't going to be turned around over night.

agree on the special teams. only preseason, but just looked more cohesive than they've looked over the last few years. other than the fumble in the jags game, d johnson looked great back there. henery seems to be booming all his kickoffs a few yards deeper too. this team has been so bad on defense you forget how poor the special teams has been over the last few years. should be better.

the offense is just a mystery to me. i have no idea if this is going to work or not but i'm excited to see something new. the maclin injury really hurts them no matter how much they intend on relying on the tight tends. i feel like this is being overlooked. i mean, a team like this can't lose their best wideout and not miss a step. it's a huge loss.i do think vick should look better on a team that plays more to his strengths though. the birds utilizing the run game more should definitely help. i think shady is on the verge of a MONSTER year, especially with a healthy line in front of him. interested to see how they use ertz on monday. didn't see much of him this summer.

on defense, they might be better only because it's hard to be any worse than they were last year. but this secondary seems like one of the worst this franchise has ever had....how do you make it better? by getting to the quarterback-and i think they will get there more often this year. they definitely do not have all of the pieces in place, but they've got some players you can build around---barwin, kendricks and cox. i felt like vinny curry was in the backfield every time he stepped on the field this summer. benny logan looked decent too. trent cole scares the crap out of me in coverage though.

since the offense will be so different, they may catch defenses off guard for a while. as far as season outlook:
    i can see them winning 2 of their first 3. you got 2, not great, west coast teams traveling east--one for a 1pm start and the other on a short week, in what should be a very hostile environment. skins game seems like a loss but those games are always close. next 3 games are all on the road---brutal. i'd be surprised if won any of them. middle of the season has a couple winnable games. looks a little easier after the bye. i think vegas is on point. i'm saying 7-9........however there is no depth on this team. a couple injuries and we could be looking a record similiar to last year.

GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

oh shit...that was actually pretty fucking awesome
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    JK_Livin wrote:

we've looked at their drafts going back a decade, especially on the defensive side. it's really no surprise we are where we are...this isn't going to be turned around over night.

agree on the special teams. only preseason, but just looked more cohesive than they've looked over the last few years. other than the fumble in the jags game, d johnson looked great back there. henery seems to be booming all his kickoffs a few yards deeper too. this team has been so bad on defense you forget how poor the special teams has been over the last few years. should be better.

the offense is just a mystery to me. i have no idea if this is going to work or not but i'm excited to see something new. the maclin injury really hurts them no matter how much they intend on relying on the tight tends. i feel like this is being overlooked. i mean, a team like this can't lose their best wideout and not miss a step. it's a huge loss.i do think vick should look better on a team that plays more to his strengths though. the birds utilizing the run game more should definitely help. i think shady is on the verge of a MONSTER year, especially with a healthy line in front of him. interested to see how they use ertz on monday. didn't see much of him this summer.

on defense, they might be better only because it's hard to be any worse than they were last year. but this secondary seems like one of the worst this franchise has ever had....how do you make it better? by getting to the quarterback-and i think they will get there more often this year. they definitely do not have all of the pieces in place, but they've got some players you can build around---barwin, kendricks and cox. i felt like vinny curry was in the backfield every time he stepped on the field this summer. benny logan looked decent too. trent cole scares the crap out of me in coverage though.

since the offense will be so different, they may catch defenses off guard for a while. as far as season outlook:
    i can see them winning 2 of their first 3. you got 2, not great, west coast teams traveling east--one for a 1pm start and the other on a short week, in what should be a very hostile environment. skins game seems like a loss but those games are always close. next 3 games are all on the road---brutal. i'd be surprised if won any of them. middle of the season has a couple winnable games. looks a little easier after the bye. i think vegas is on point. i'm saying 7-9........however there is no depth on this team. a couple injuries and we could be looking a record similiar to last year.

GO BIRDS.

i'll predict 5-11 for this team. i think the highest upside is 7 for this team. defense has to be a little better because just by pure luck they have to get a few more turnovers. can't possibly go 8 games without an interception again. offensively they will be explosive at times if they can stay relatively healthy. that being said Vick is not consistent enough to put together any kind of mid to long winning streak which is why i think even getting to .500 probably can't happen. the exciting thing is most games should be about 35-30 this year so at least should be fun games to watch.

Super Bowl Prediction - Atlanta over Denver
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    JK_Livin wrote:

oh shit...that was actually pretty fucking awesome

:thumbup: Have to wait til Monday :x
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

that's football. no big deal.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

yup but you're always giving NY shit. so Suck It! :lol:

yup but you're always giving NY shit. so Suck It! :lol:

yeah, yeah yeah....i like the giants tomorrow night. thank god football is back.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    http://www.flyeaglesfly.com/

Those teams last night didn't look so hot.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • GO BIRDS!!!!!! I think tonight will be a good game. Sadly I see a Skins win 27-24 or 31-27. I think both starting Rb's rush for over 120. Morris is gonna shred that bad run def. I see a bad turnover the ending the game. But thank god the new era has began. E A G L E S !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    rooting for either team is like choosing between hitler or mussolini. :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    GO BIRDS!!!!!! I think tonight will be a good game. Sadly I see a Skins win 27-24 or 31-27. I think both starting Rb's rush for over 120. Morris is gonna shred that bad run def. I see a bad turnover the ending the game. But thank god the new era has began. E A G L E S !!!!!!!!!!!!

bet the over - Skins 38 Eagles 30 -
    almost game time!

Go Birds! I think it will be close, but my gut tells me to go with the Skins :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    It's been some time since I've seen FED EX so packed....oh yeah when U2 360 came to town. I used to be able to see this stadium from my former home.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

That looked like a forward pass.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Lol
    The Eagles are looking really good SO FAR.

peace

What is happening????
    chinese-happy.jpg
    MONSTER year for shhhhhhhhhhhady
    chinese-happy.jpg
    almost game time!

can i change my answer?

:corn:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • MONSTER year for shhhhhhhhhhhady
    Remember were the fools. We like Kelly because of his pressers :lol: Hopefully all fake fans can move to KC.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    What is happening????

I can't explain it, but I like it :D
    I realize Bob Griffin is far from 100%, but you gotta be impressed by this defense. They haven't looked this good against anyone in years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I realize Bob Griffin is far from 100%, but you gotta be impressed by this defense. They haven't looked this good against anyone in years.

agree. I have to say as much as Chuckie keeps gushing about how many plays they are running and how good the offense looks, the defense is doing great.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    maybe I spoke to soon about the defense.........
    almost game time!

can i change my answer?

:corn:

You might want to be a bit cautious in changing your answer. It's getting close.

Peace