Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    3 days till Championship Sunday at the Linc. Go Birds!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Roots at halftime, awesome.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    JK_Livin said:
    The Roots at halftime, awesome.
    Way better call than the Sly Stalone news, which I pray isn't happening.

It's no Boyz II Men but I'll take it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    They are playing at halftime?  Not sure I like halftime shows at playoff games.  (Went to get a few beers during the one game I attended with a halftime show -- Beyonce at Super Bowl XLVII)  Instead of having bands play they should send beer vendors around.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    They are playing at halftime?  Not sure I like halftime shows at playoff games.  (Went to get a few beers during the one game I attended with a halftime show -- Beyonce at Super Bowl XLVII)  Instead of having bands play they should send beer vendors around.
    I don't think they extend the half-time for these games so 10min max for them.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Yeah, it's not a televised half hour halftime like the Super Bowl. This is the usual halftime - at best they'll play maybe three songs.

Back in '14 when I was there for that Sunday night game where they kicked the shit out of the Giants, and Victor Cruz got hurt, that Motown Philly was better than anything ever - it was a party in the stands.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Parties in the stands are good things
  • Options
    Parties in the stands are good things
    And hopefully there is an orgy in the stands come ~10pm Sunday night. With dog masks.

Get weird.
  • Options
    As long as I don't have to witness that, it sounds awesome!
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I remember for the Bucs championship game they had some god awful rap act performing. Cannot remember who it was but it was one of those deals where they had a bunch of fake fans run out to the field and pretend like they were having the time of their lives. There were boos--quite a few as you can imagine.

I bet they'll have the Roots up top that Miller Lite Flight Deck thing instead of rushing them on the field like that for 10 minutes.

Sunday cannot get here soon enough.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Sometimes Philly is awesome.  All this Boys to men and Philly talk made me think of this for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmB1WcahNU

• Options
    Wrong thread but did you see some scumbag wore a Devils Scott Stevens jersey to the Lindros night?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Sometimes?

Sorta-related: Cliff, I think one of the best times of the year to sell your house is IMMEDIATELY after the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    Sometimes?

Sorta-related: Cliff, I think one of the best times of the year to sell your house is IMMEDIATELY after the Super Bowl.
    Oh is that right? Already assuming my wife will go into labor during the Eagles parade and my kid will be born in the back seat of a car because a bunch of coked out eagles fans are blocking every center city road.
  • Options
    Sometimes?

Oh is that right? Already assuming my wife will go into labor during the Eagles parade and my kid will be born in the back seat of a car because a bunch of coked out eagles fans are blocking every center city road.

Everyone loves a parade.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Sometimes?

Everyone loves a parade.
    Especially babies.
  • Options
    Sometimes?

Everyone loves a parade.
    Especially babies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7lJpFwAcCs
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    That's the best shit.

Thing is even if they win I'll never be as excited as I was for that parade.

• Options
    So I said a while back there was no energy in the city over the Eagles.  Everyone has gear on today.  Everyone.
  • Options
    Crap. I have gotten into a boys to men rabbit hole on youtube and used the word hoagie today somehow.  You guys are gonna win.

I need to take a shower.
  • Options
    Crap. I have gotten into a boys to men rabbit hole on youtube and used the word hoagie today somehow.  You guys are gonna win.

I need to take a shower.
    Cause it is a hoagie.

I'll get ya some Eagles gloves.
  • Options

I need to take a shower.
    Cause it is a hoagie.

It's not.  You know this.  It's a sub.  I'm not even down with hero.  It's a sub.
  • Options

I need to take a shower.
    Cause it is a hoagie.

It's not.  You know this.  It's a sub.  I'm not even down with hero.  It's a sub.
    All lunch meat (also a Philly term)-related sandwiches on a long roll from this area dominate any long roll-type sandwich outside of this area. Hence Hoagie >>>>>>>>>>>> Sub/Hero/whatever-the-fuck-you-want-to-call-your-subpar-sandwich.

Also: tomato pie. 
  • Options
    Beat it with your tomato pie.
  • Options
    Beat it with your tomato pie.
    agreed
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Thielen is listed as questionable...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Backup DT is supposedly out.  Was Theilen injured going into the game?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Not that I know of
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Hell yes!  What a game.  So proud of them.  Great job guys.  Now beat the patriots!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly