******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
edited March 13 in All Encompassing Trip
new year. new coach. new thread. let's try not get this one locked, okay?

might as well start with a comparison of their top 2 choices for hc:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/01 ... ike-mccoy/

Chip Kelly Vs. Mike McCoy
Posted by Tim McManus on January 4, 2013 at 1:31 pm | 0 Comments
TweetThe Eagles are expected to interview Oregon head coach Chip Kelly and Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy over the weekend. That will likely not be the end of their search. Jeffrey Lurie has promised a thorough process, and there are several assistant coaches involved in the postseason that they will likely want to sit down with.

But McCoy and Kelly are two hot names and both could very well end up with NFL head coaching jobs over the next couple weeks. One may even land in Philadelphia. Let’s examine the two side-by-side.

MIKE MCCOY

BIO: This is McCoy’s fourth season as the Broncos’ offensive coordinator. The first two seasons he helped Kyle Orton throw for over 3,500 yards. Last season he adjusted the offense completely to fit Tim Tebow‘s skill set and ran a version of the read-option that has since become an en vogue style. Now he is blessed with Peyton Manning. Before Denver, he spent nine years as an assistant with the Panthers working largely with quarterbacks. He helped Jake Delhomme reach the Pro Bowl in 2005.

QUESTIONS: He is obviously a quality offensive mind, but what kind of leader is he? What would his staff look like? Would he fit and thrive in an environment like Philadelphia? Does the fact that he has never been a head coach on any level hurt him?

WHAT HE SAYS: “That’s our job as a football coach is to take advantage of your talent,” McCoy said. “That is the No. 1 job I have here to make sure that we evaluate the guys properly during the offseason and training camp and find out what we do best as an offense…It doesn’t matter who the 11 guys are. If someone goes down, someone comes up and we’ve got to make adjustments as a coaching staff and as players to figure out, what do we do best as an organization? That’s our job.”

WHAT THEY SAY: “I tell you, he’s a worker. We spend a lot of hours together – early mornings, late nights – trying to get kind of our plan in place for what kind of offense we were going to be,” Peyton Manning said. “There is no substitute for work ethic, and Mike certainly has that. … In my opinion, he deserves a shot at one of these head coaching jobs.”

CHIP KELLY

BIO: Kelly served as an assistant at New Hampshire and Johns Hopkins before taking Oregon’s offensive coordinator job in 2007. He was named head coach of the Ducks in ’09. He has a sterling head coaching record of 46-7 at Oregon. Known as an offensive guru, his up-tempo style of play is said to have influenced the Patriots’ attack on the NFL level. This season, the Ducks averaged 51 points and 550 yards per game. Oregon just capped a 12-1 season with a win over Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl.

QUESTIONS: Is Kelly’s offense a gimmick that wouldn’t translate to the NFL? Or is it the future? Is he willing to adapt to the personnel on his club or would you need to overhaul the roster? After stints in New Hampshire and Oregon, is he ready for the Philly pressure? Will his lack of NFL experience hinder him?

WHAT HE SAYS: ”It’s more a fact-finding mission, finding out if it fits or doesn’t fit,” Kelly said of the upcoming interviews. “I’ve been in one interview in my life for the National Football League, and that was a year ago. I don’t really have any preconceived notions about it. I think that’s what this deal is all about for me. It’s not going to affect us in terms of we’re not on the road (recruiting). I’ll get an opportunity if people do call, see where they are. I want to get it wrapped up quickly and figure out where I’m going to be.”

WHAT THEY SAY: “I was interested to hear how he did it,” said Bill Belichick of the no-huddle. “I would say he expanded it to a different level and it was very interesting to understand what he was doing. Certainly I’ve learned a lot from talking to Chip about his experiences with it and how he does it and his procedure and all that.”
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by The Juggler on

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    new year. new coach. new thread. let's try not get this one locked, okay?

might as well start with a comparison of their top 2 choices for hc:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/01 ... ike-mccoy/

Chip Kelly Vs. Mike McCoy
    Posted by Tim McManus on January 4, 2013 at 1:31 pm | 0 Comments
    TweetThe Eagles are expected to interview Oregon head coach Chip Kelly and Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy over the weekend. That will likely not be the end of their search. Jeffrey Lurie has promised a thorough process, and there are several assistant coaches involved in the postseason that they will likely want to sit down with.

But McCoy and Kelly are two hot names and both could very well end up with NFL head coaching jobs over the next couple weeks. One may even land in Philadelphia. Let’s examine the two side-by-side.

MIKE MCCOY

BIO: This is McCoy’s fourth season as the Broncos’ offensive coordinator. The first two seasons he helped Kyle Orton throw for over 3,500 yards. Last season he adjusted the offense completely to fit Tim Tebow‘s skill set and ran a version of the read-option that has since become an en vogue style. Now he is blessed with Peyton Manning. Before Denver, he spent nine years as an assistant with the Panthers working largely with quarterbacks. He helped Jake Delhomme reach the Pro Bowl in 2005.

QUESTIONS: He is obviously a quality offensive mind, but what kind of leader is he? What would his staff look like? Would he fit and thrive in an environment like Philadelphia? Does the fact that he has never been a head coach on any level hurt him?

WHAT HE SAYS: “That’s our job as a football coach is to take advantage of your talent,” McCoy said. “That is the No. 1 job I have here to make sure that we evaluate the guys properly during the offseason and training camp and find out what we do best as an offense…It doesn’t matter who the 11 guys are. If someone goes down, someone comes up and we’ve got to make adjustments as a coaching staff and as players to figure out, what do we do best as an organization? That’s our job.”

WHAT THEY SAY: “I tell you, he’s a worker. We spend a lot of hours together – early mornings, late nights – trying to get kind of our plan in place for what kind of offense we were going to be,” Peyton Manning said. “There is no substitute for work ethic, and Mike certainly has that. … In my opinion, he deserves a shot at one of these head coaching jobs.”

CHIP KELLY

BIO: Kelly served as an assistant at New Hampshire and Johns Hopkins before taking Oregon’s offensive coordinator job in 2007. He was named head coach of the Ducks in ’09. He has a sterling head coaching record of 46-7 at Oregon. Known as an offensive guru, his up-tempo style of play is said to have influenced the Patriots’ attack on the NFL level. This season, the Ducks averaged 51 points and 550 yards per game. Oregon just capped a 12-1 season with a win over Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl.

QUESTIONS: Is Kelly’s offense a gimmick that wouldn’t translate to the NFL? Or is it the future? Is he willing to adapt to the personnel on his club or would you need to overhaul the roster? After stints in New Hampshire and Oregon, is he ready for the Philly pressure? Will his lack of NFL experience hinder him?

WHAT HE SAYS: ”It’s more a fact-finding mission, finding out if it fits or doesn’t fit,” Kelly said of the upcoming interviews. “I’ve been in one interview in my life for the National Football League, and that was a year ago. I don’t really have any preconceived notions about it. I think that’s what this deal is all about for me. It’s not going to affect us in terms of we’re not on the road (recruiting). I’ll get an opportunity if people do call, see where they are. I want to get it wrapped up quickly and figure out where I’m going to be.”

WHAT THEY SAY: “I was interested to hear how he did it,” said Bill Belichick of the no-huddle. “I would say he expanded it to a different level and it was very interesting to understand what he was doing. Certainly I’ve learned a lot from talking to Chip about his experiences with it and how he does it and his procedure and all that.”

Wanted O'Brien but there's way anyone would or should be paying 18+ for his buyout. I'd rather Mccoy over Kelly as it takes a special kind of Qb for Kelly's style. I'd still prefer Arians, but that doesn't look like an option either. I think this process will be done by Mon at the latest.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    i don't understand why dave toub's name isn't being mentioned anywhere. he interviewed a couple different places last year.

keith armstrong and decamilla (not sure on the spelling--cowboys special teams coach) have gotten interviews. the bears special teams are usually better than the falcons or cowboys...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    i don't understand why dave toub's name isn't being mentioned anywhere. he interviewed a couple different places last year.

keith armstrong and decamilla (not sure on the spelling--cowboys special teams coach) have gotten interviews. the bears special teams are usually better than the falcons or cowboys...

How long does it take for the Phillies to make a huge trade after the Birds pick there coach :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    IBTL.

:lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    Why did the last one get locked?
    You crazy Philly fans get are riled up and say something mean? :lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Looks like no Chip Kelly.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Looks like no Chip Kelly.
    This comment deserves a like button!!!! :clap:
    Go Birds!!!!
    that's a relief.

interested in bruce arians and gus bradley now...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    i don't really care who we get to be honest. Well i do but, just hope it happens pretty soon.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    hopefully lurie is just trying to screw banner over by driving up chip's price...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    hopefully lurie is just trying to screw banner over by driving up chip's price...

My fear is that he screws him over by nabbing Kelly. There was a tweet last night that the Eagles and Kelly were working on a 5yr deal.
    Go Birds!!!!

My fear is that he screws him over by nabbing Kelly. There was a tweet last night that the Eagles and Kelly were working on a 5yr deal.

well they let him get away without a contract last night. feather in our cap.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Chip is staying at Oregon.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Chip is staying at Oregon.

:clap:

i think gus bradley is my top choice at the moment...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Anyone in here see The Silver Linings Playbook? I saw it Friday night. It's comforting to know that all Eagle's fans are bipolar. :lol: :? ;)
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Anyone in here see The Silver Linings Playbook? I saw it Friday night. It's comforting to know that all Eagle's fans are bipolar. :lol: :? ;)

yeah it was such a great movie. i loved it
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:

When I saw Deniro with a hanky in his hand I almost shit. I usually have my mom's old chemo hanky with me during the games. It could be in a pocket, my hand or wherever it needs to be.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

When I saw Deniro with a hanky in his hand I almost shit. I usually have my mom's old chemo hanky with me during the games. It could be in a pocket, my hand or wherever it needs to be.

whats a chemo hanky?

how about him parlaying the birds/cowboys game with the dance recital?

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I didn't want to go into too much detail but it was the hanky my mom wore on her head during her chemo treatments.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I didn't want to go into too much detail but it was the hanky my mom wore on her head during her chemo treatments.

oh sorry man--i guess that was kinda self explanitory...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    yesterday jon gruden essentially announces (through jaworski) that he would be interested in meeting with the eagles.........

so today, the eagles announce they are interviewing....................lovie smith? :?

what the fuck?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:

oh sorry man--i guess that was kinda self explanitory...

No problem at all. It hasn't been that lucky yet :D (Sorry Mom)
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    yesterday jon gruden essentially announces (through jaworski) that he would be interested in meeting with the eagles.........

so today, the eagles announce they are interviewing....................lovie smith? :?

what the fuck?

No Gruden's please. I'm ok with interviewing Smith. Ray Didinger said the McCoy is a reserved person. Not sure if that would work here.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

what the fuck?

No Gruden's please. I'm ok with interviewing Smith. Ray Didinger said the McCoy is a reserved person. Not sure if that would work here.

lovie seems like andy lite to me. similiar mediocre records over the last few years. go ahead and interview him and gain some knowledge, but i don't want him to be the eagles next coach. d coordinator, yes. coach--no.

why no to gruden? i understand the record post super bowl isn't stellar and he annoys people on mnf. but he also guided that raider team to super bowl caliber (then beat them when he moved to tampa). maybe a few years off is what he needed to recharge the ol' batteries...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    finally am seeing greg roman's name being mentioned. jags and chargers may have interest. birds should too--especially if the niners lose this weekend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i would have guessed a philly sports team thread to be way longer than two pages....what happened. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i would have guessed a philly sports team thread to be way longer than two pages....what happened. :lol:

same shit that always happens...just more eyes were on it than usual i guess.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    apparently jon gruden is in the area today...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576

Dude I work with said Manayunk. Why would he be there?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude I work with said Manayunk. Why would he be there?

i heard he had lunch at the manyunk diner.

i was hoping for an interview but the eagles denied they were talking to him. who knows?
    chinese-happy.jpg