******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Heineke is such a punk ass throwing his head backwards on purpose. Refs are absolute garbage. Can’t see a facemask that literally anyone with one eye could see. I can deal with losing but that was just malarkey. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    They deserved to lose that game. Didn't help that the refs actively wanted to decide it. But it is what it is, in a weird way I'm glad they lost.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,173
    16-1?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    People were weird with them undefeated. The fans were pathetic. Lady get your head out of your arms and make some damn noise. 

Skunk beer QB is such a punk but the league makes it an incentive to take a backwards dive since there’s no possible downside. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    you people can't possibly be arguing the Graham call at the end can you?  Heinecke gave himself up and Graham hits him about 2 seconds after he was down. Clear stupid penalty by Graham.  I think it was a late hit as much as it was roughing.

The turnovers cost them the game. Obviously the Goedert one is on the officials. Not sure how they miss a clear face mask and head pull.  The Watkins turnover was the killer.  

They were just off last night. 2 games in 28 days probably didn't help but in the long run the rest is going to be a good thing.  Win the next one.
    Complete garbage call. Your brain must be as messed up as Aikman's.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited November 2022
    Lol dude was basically having a picnic when he got hit, granted it wasn’t very hard. Clear penalty 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited November 2022
    Stating the obvious, but our run defense is horrid right now. Really hope Davis only misses two more games. Really need him out there.

Just a bad night. They'll bounce back this week....unless Jonathan Taylor runs for 200 yards or something. 

The Communists really look better with Heinike under center. Wouldn't shock me to see them keep ol' Carson on the bench once he's back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    for some reason, I had an inkling about this. I have always despised the WTF (going waaaaaay back) but it’s funny that they may turn their season around with wentz on the bench.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    for some reason, I had an inkling about this. I have always despised the WTF (going waaaaaay back) but it’s funny that they may turn their season around with wentz on the bench.
    There is a history of teams playing as good or better when he gets hurt or is benched. Funny but not overly surprising.  
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:
    There is a history of teams playing as good or better when he gets hurt or is benched. Funny but not overly surprising.  
    umm * cough cough * the Colts?  
    Arguing that call is about as big as homerism gets.

The Communists really look better with Heinike under center. Wouldn't shock me to see them keep ol' Carson on the bench once he's back. 
    In Tampa's run to the title 2 years ago, Heineken was the QB who played the best against them. The other QBs they faced were Brees, Wroggers and Mahomes. This kid has something. He's never going to be an elite QB, but he's a gamer.
    Poncier said:

In Tampa's run to the title 2 years ago, Heineken was the QB who played the best against them. The other QBs they faced were Brees, Wroggers and Mahomes. This kid has something. He's never going to be an elite QB, but he's a gamer.
    Yeah I agree. That's part of the reason why I was upset when they put Carson on IR, thus ensuring he would've missed last night. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Philly Somebody Feed Phil episode was pretty good! Really getting all the heavy hitters.
    Philly Somebody Feed Phil episode was pretty good! Really getting all the heavy hitters.
    Yeah I was pleasantly surprised.

Goedert out 6 weeks really sucks. 

Slightly concerned about this week. Well, kind of, but not really...but I wanna see how they respond to adversity. Colts are another perennially mediocre team, no matter who is playing qb, and Taylor is a hell of a back. Not sure what the answer is for the run defense but Gannon needs to figure it out this week. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    l didn't really expect us to go undefeated, but thought they should've beaten Washington, oh well.

Loss of Goedert that could hurt pretty big. I don't even know who our backup TE is? :confused:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Poncier said:
    Yeah you know everything about me. I hate these dumb "roughing the passer" calls and I go and trash the NFL for them for all kinds of games. I guess they have brain-washed you too that putting a pinky finger on the QB should be a game-altering penalty.

Poncier said:
    Yeah you know everything about me. I hate these dumb "roughing the passer" calls and I go and trash the NFL for them for all kinds of games. I guess they have brain-washed you too that putting a pinky finger on the QB should be a game-altering penalty.
    it was late. he was already down once he gave himself up.  i don't necessarily think it was roughing but he hit him late.  no brainer penalty call.

you should be more pissed at the non-call on Goedart.  That led to a turnover and now Goedert is out. That was much much more egregious than the Graham call.
    Poncier said:
    I don't like a lot of the roughing calls either.
    However this particular call was obvious and egregious.
    Heineken had dropped to a knee and given himself up. Graham takes a couple steps, slides into him and gives him a two-hand shove. Sure it didn't hurt Heineken, but it was as clear a violation of the rule as you'll see.

That week a couple weeks ago when there were the 2 controversial roughing calls (against Brady on Sunday and Carr on MNF), I'm with you, those were BS and shouldn't be called. Defender couldn't do anything differently.
    Graham had a brain fart, should have let up and didn't. The QB takes a knee and gives himself up. It's like a guy receiving a kickoff in the end zone and taking a knee and then a gunner plows him over, clear and obvious penalty.

My whole thing is what is preventing of a quarterback, in the pocket, from continuously just dropping to a knee the millisecond the pass rush is in their face? Or even more egregiously going into the play with the absolute intent of doing so? If I'm a QB I'm not ever throwing a ball away - I'm just dropping back, let the defense get close enough, then sit on my ass.

Not the reason they lost the game btw - they were bad against the run, and the two key turnovers (one of which makes the roughing the passer harder to swallow because of the face mask) - but it's one of those times where rules get in the way of the intent and spirit of their purpose.
    Yet another reason why this sport (and pretty much all of them, actually) was better 30 years ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Also, running QBs don't get these penalties called.  Pocket qbs, even when out of the pocket, get them called so much more.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yes of course I'm livid about the Goedert non-call (also an awful late hit call where the guy was still in bounds - jeez these guys are just terrible) but you guys are making absurd arguments that the roughing the passer called was correct and/or justified. It was disgraceful and an embarrassment. Penalty should have been on skunk beer for unsportsmanlike-ism for his ridiculous flailing backwards.

Yes of course I'm livid about the Goedert non-call (also an awful late hit call where the guy was still in bounds - jeez these guys are just terrible) but you guys are making absurd arguments that the roughing the passer called was correct and/or justified. It was disgraceful and an embarrassment. Penalty should have been on skunk beer for unsportsmanlike-ism for his ridiculous flailing backwards.
    I agree with the idea of anyone reacting to it as, "OF COURSE IT WAS A LATE HIT, IT TOTALLY WAS A PENALTY" are being ridiculous. It's really a bit much.

It was both a penalty AND also an absolutely atrocious call. Both can be true.

See: also a penalty AND also an absolutely atrocious call:

He's also not wrong - again, many things can be true at the same time. I think there's still an APB out for Fletcher Cox. Anyone seen him?
    ok
    It wasn't called roughing the passer. It was merely called a personal foukl, which it was, cause Graham took 2 steps and hit a player who had given himself up.

Ref's call at 0:31

https://youtu.be/qQQ3b_u2nIo

Not roughing the passer, would have been called if a RB or WR had given themself up the same way.
    chinese-happy.jpg