******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    you guys take as much joy in a cowboys loss as I do for a dodgers loss.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Wobbie said:
    You have to understand this area is loaded with Cowboys fans…well they only come out of the woodwork when they think the Cowboys are good. Those people are beyond annoying. So it’a great when they lose.

and the way the Cowboys lose these playoff games are just funny,  Romo dropping a field goal snap, terrible fumble call on Dez, Aaron Rodgers scramble bomb in next to last play and yesterday.  They don’t just lose they lose in horrible ways.  It’s freaking great. 

And what was up with the fans crying?  It was wild card weekend for Christ’s sake.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    The funniest part is that if you go to Dalllas, most fans don't care that much about the Eagles.  The Redskins are the rivals all of my TX-Cowboys acquaintances hate on.

The rest of the NFL can unite in their Cowboys hate.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    The funniest part is that if you go to Dalllas, most fans don't care that much about the Eagles.  The Redskins are the rivals all of my TX-Cowboys acquaintances hate on.

As a 49ers fan, hating the Cowboys (and Rams) is part of your DNA. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

Yeah, Cowboys-Redskins was always the biggest rivalry. The team names kind of enhanced it as well.
    won't be quite the same with Cowboys-Admirals.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

And what was up with the fans crying?  It was wild card weekend for Christ’s sake.
    Was really weird when they showed a few of them crying with like 5 minutes left in a 6 point game. Maybe they were doing the Dance of the Clairvoyants and knew the inevitable outcome, but game was still up for grabs at that point.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

Was really weird when they showed a few of them crying with like 5 minutes left in a 6 point game. Maybe they were doing the Dance of the Clairvoyants and knew the inevitable outcome, but game was still up for grabs at that point.
    Eagles fans would never.
    Dallas fans are soft.  :lol:    
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Poncier said:

Yeah, Cowboys-Redskins was always the biggest rivalry. The team names kind of enhanced it as well.
    Haha, it's totally because of the name because that knuckle draggin state still tries to emulate the ways of John Wayne. Related to that - it's also the last time those franchises were remotely relevant to those racist piecesashit. And they are the same idiots perpetuating the same "rivalry" to their kids. Haha, actually they're grandkids.

Giants are and should be the rivalry. The Cowboys fans here though are no different than every other Cowboy/Yankee/Laker bandwagon fan across the country.

Don't get me wrong - "Let's Go Brandon" chants are popping up in every stadium across the country, and I'd say dollars to donuts there's just as many of them chanting it at The Linc as in Jerry World. But I look down on Cowboys fans from here the same way I look down on someone wearing a Trump hat.
    Poncier said:

Haha, it's totally because of the name because that knuckle draggin state still tries to emulate the ways of John Wayne. Related to that - it's also the last time those franchises were remotely relevant to those racist piecesashit. And they are the same idiots perpetuating the same "rivalry" to their kids. Haha, actually they're grandkids.

Giants are and should be the rivalry. The Cowboys fans here though are no different than every other Cowboy/Yankee/Laker bandwagon fan across the country.

Don't get me wrong - "Let's Go Brandon" chants are popping up in every stadium across the country, and I'd say dollars to donuts there's just as many of them chanting it at The Linc as in Jerry World. But I look down on Cowboys fans from here the same way I look down on someone wearing a Trump hat.
    I had a roommate for a few years here in MA who was a Cowboys fan. Now he was a transplant, but he was a transplant from California, went to school here and stayed. So, the logic of his Cowboy fandom was nil. Plus, he was one of those guys who really knew very little about the game of football, so watching with him was painful. And this was during the Aikman/Smith years, so the Cowbys were good, making it all the more insufferable.

When I read you guys in Philly talking about local Cowboy fans it invokes the Goldbergs episode when Murray goes to watch football with Bill Lewis and discovers he's a Cowboys fan.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

When I read you guys in Philly talking about local Cowboy fans it invokes the Goldbergs episode when Murray goes to watch football with Bill Lewis and discovers he's a Cowboys fan.
    I feel like I've never watched enough of that show. But from what I have seen I would say that portrayal is entirely accurate.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Ha yeah I've seen it a few times - there's a neighbor who's one of those trolls and he walks around in a Cowboys sweatshirt all the time, driving everyone crazy. My parents are always all "Did you see The Goldbergs last night?" - nah didn't see it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Ha yeah I've seen it a few times - there's a neighbor who's one of those trolls and he walks around in a Cowboys sweatshirt all the time, driving everyone crazy. My parents are always all "Did you see The Goldbergs last night?" - nah didn't see it.
    It's not a bad show. wouldn't say it's great by any means but has lots of Philly references throughout and episodes which can make it kid of interesting. One episode Adam gets lost at the Vet which was kind of a cool episode. They even had the correct signage of the Vet on the episode.  And Barry wears a Flyers shirt in pretty much every episode.
    pjhawks said:
    It's not a bad show. wouldn't say it's great by any means but has lots of Philly references throughout and episodes which can make it kid of interesting. One episode Adam gets lost at the Vet which was kind of a cool episode. They even had the correct signage of the Vet on the episode.  And Barry wears a Flyers shirt in pretty much every episode.
    Yeah I mean the writing and acting are kind of clunky for me but it's alright every now and then.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

this is true….WTF will always be my most hated NFC East rival. I’ve really only hated on the iggles when you brought in the dog killer.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:

this is true….WTF will always be my most hated NFC East rival. I’ve really only hated on the iggles when you brought in the dog killer.
    We just enjoy dumping on both of these organizations as they've both mostly been laughingstocks since the 90's
    chinese-happy.jpg
    My theory is the Dallas fans use the "WTF is our real rival (even though they have sucked for decades) as a putdown of the Eagles. Like, you guys aren't even good enough to be our (bad pun alert) chief rival. See quote above. We all know the Eagles are the only other NFC East team that is relatively competitive most years.

Ya see! Grandparent age!
    I think the Cowboys rivalry thing around here, for people of our generation at least, was and is still fueled by all the fraudulent fans in the area.

For people of our parents' generation it was initially fueled due to always being subjected to them on national tv in the 70's and then finally destroying them in '80

chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah it's the same song anywhere. Basically, the Cowboys and Steelers were dynasties when our parents were growing up and a lot of those dummies are frauds, while the home team was complete trash. And since that generation of boomers is a huge demo we've had to hear wayyy too much about them.

Sports imo are an exercise in civic pride.
    Yeah it's the same song anywhere. Basically, the Cowboys and Steelers were dynasties when our parents were growing up and a lot of those dummies are frauds, while the home team was complete trash. And since that generation of boomers is a huge demo we've had to hear wayyy too much about them.

you wouldn’t know anything about “dynasties.”

sixers were strong, once upon a time.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

you wouldn’t know anything about “dynasties.”

sixers were strong, once upon a time.
    Is this like when people say, "act like you've been there before" or something?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Brandon Brooks announces his retirement
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Brandon Brooks announces his retirement
    *Super Bowl Champion Brandon Brooks announces his retirement
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    This was a really good pod this week, I recommend starting off around the 45, 49 minute mark. As much as I'm excited about the future and the possibilities, Sheil kinda confirms my overall feeling of this org/team is, and has been over the last ~5ish years, lucky to be even mediocre. They should be thanking Washington and New York for being in this division. And all I've really wanted is all the attention directed squarely at Howie. I figure he's got a leash of at least 2, 3 seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUCl6kjrpzw
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    JP I do my best to let Giants fans know how happy I am their dumb team is in our division every chance I get. lol 

Did these guys spend the first fifteen to twenty minutes talking about anything other than the Eagles as usual? I love their football insights but their banter is not worthy of how much time they devote to it. Always finding myself fast forwarding. The Rights to Ricky, on the other hand, I can listen to those two talk about anything.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JP I do my best to let Giants fans know how happy I am their dumb team is in our division every chance I get. lol 

Did these guys spend the first fifteen to twenty minutes talking about anything other than the Eagles as usual? I love their football insights but their banter is not worthy of how much time they devote to it. Always finding myself fast forwarding. The Rights to Ricky, on the other hand, I can listen to those two talk about anything.
    Probably more than 15-20 minutes. Haha, really? That's what I look forward to more than anything. I'm more of a fan of this pod - probably my favorite, goddamn I have so many, and they're always changing, along with WTF, Bad Friends, 2 Bears 1 Cave - because they (Bo) bullshit so much.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I have been listening to the It's Always Sunny podcast and they go episode by episode but they only soooorta touch on the episode, and it's really just the three guys bullshitting and I find them pretty damn funny
    edited January 2022
    I have been listening to the It's Always Sunny podcast and they go episode by episode but they only soooorta touch on the episode, and it's really just the three guys bullshitting and I find them pretty damn funny
    Yeah, I've been listening to that here and there. Weird thing is I've gotten more into the video pods that are on YouTube while working, so haven't listened it as much lately. Though I think they went to a video format recently? Yeah, I like it. What I got out of that one so far is the vibe that Glen kinda sucks, but is perfect for the Dennis role. Kinda like Jason Alexander in real life as opposed to being George.
    Oh heyyyy look their first video pod on here. Gonna check it.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Yeah, I've been listening to that here and there. Weird thing is I've gotten more into the video pods that are on YouTube while working, so haven't listened it as much lately. Though I think they went to a video format recently? Yeah, I like it. What I got out of that one so far is the vibe that Glen kinda sucks, but is perfect for the Dennis role. Kinda like Jason Alexander in real life as opposed to being George.
    I have seen on Twitter there are some videos of them doing the podcast. I can't listen to podcasts during the work, so it's usually walking the dog, going for walks, etc. so no video for me

I don't mind Glen, though yeah, super neurotic.  I do get the sense that their characters really are just extremely exaggerated versions of themselves, which I dig.