Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Am I the only one who is perturbed by the Super Bowl end zones nowadays? Used to just have the helmet, team font, and AFC/NFC shield. Now it's just the logo on one side and the team font that takes up the other three fourths of the space. It's off kilter. Plus I think the Eagles new font sucks. I also think it's stupid how the logo only faces left. Just looks weird. Give me '04 or '80 over this field any day of the week. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Wanna Get Away Chefs end zone is best
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,403
    Let's not repeat '80 or '04.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    Yeah man not even bringing up '17, bad juju with this. I also think the new Eagles font stinks, but it's still better than the old font which was stuck in the 90s for far too long. Really hoping this Kelly Green makeover applies to more than just their primary colors.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Wanna Get Away Chefs end zone is best

Great Googily Moogily!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Yeah man not even bringing up '17, bad juju with this. I also think the new Eagles font stinks, but it's still better than the old font which was stuck in the 90s for far too long. Really hoping this Kelly Green makeover applies to more than just their primary colors.
    Come on. There's no such thing as juju. The '17 one is the same style as this one, just with a different font/wordmark. And the old font, while dated, is still much better than this new bland uninspired one. 

These should be the template for Super Bowl field designs. Don't mess with perfection. New Super Bowl logos are lame too. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I yearn for the day when our end zone's look like this again

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Come on. There's no such thing as juju. 

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    If you're not sitting EXACTLY where you were for the conference championship I'm blaming you.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    If you're not sitting EXACTLY where you were for the conference championship I'm blaming you.
    does everyone have to wear the same clothes as well?  Or do you go back to what was worn when the Birds beat the Patriots?  any other delusional things we all need to do?
  • Options
    Hahaha...my brother is the same way
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    edited February 2023
    pjhawks said:
    does everyone have to wear the same clothes as well?  Or do you go back to what was worn when the Birds beat the Patriots?  any other delusional things we all need to do?
    The year the 49ers beat the Chargers in Super Bowl XXIX, my toddler daughter wore a certain Niners sweatshirt on game day to start the season. They started out 3 and 1, so I kept putting it on her on game day. For some reason she didn't have it on during the game against the Eagles, where they got destroyed. The next week she was back in the sweatshirt on game day, and they only lost one more game the rest of season, winning their 5th Super Bowl, with her wearing the sweatshirt every week. My wife thought I was crazy, but you don't question things like that sometimes. We tried it with my son when he was old enough to fit into the sweatshirt a few years later, but it didn't work.   
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    The year the 49ers beat the Chargers in Super Bowl XXIX, my toddler daughter wore a certain Niners sweatshirt on game day to start the season. They started out 3 and 1, so I kept putting it on her on game day. For some reason she didn't have it on during the game against the Eagles, where they got destroyed. The next week she was back in the sweatshirt on game day, and they only lost one more game the rest of season, winning their 5th Super Bowl, with her wearing the sweatshirt every week. My wife thought I was crazy, but you don't question things like that sometimes. We tried it with my son when he was old enough to fit into the sweatshirt a few years later, but it didn't work.   
    Perfectly not crazy.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    We tried it with my son when he was old enough to fit into the sweatshirt a few years later, but it didn't work.   
    I assume you disowned him and sold him into slavery.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    We tried it with my son when he was old enough to fit into the sweatshirt a few years later, but it didn't work.   
    I assume you disowned him and sold him into slavery.
    She won't admit it, but he is my wife's favorite kid, so no.  
  • Options
    Just realizing Nick was putting DeVonta out there for punt returns against SF when the game still mattered (first 5 minutes), I'm hoping they stick with that on Sunday.
  • Options
  • Options
    Just realizing Nick was putting DeVonta out there for punt returns against SF when the game still mattered (first 5 minutes), I'm hoping they stick with that on Sunday.
    Wouldn't want to see him injured on a punt return though. I say hold something like that for late game situation.
  • Options
  • Options
    sorry, yes, up the hill then through the goddamn brick wall.

This week is an eternity.
  • Options
    I am trying my best to stay focused on work and stuff...but yeah man....it's only fucking Wednesday!

What are you guys doing for the game?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This was a Seinfeldian discussion this morning - all about nothing. Nicely done.

My little guy wants to go to my buddy's house off Broad St. Still worried about him - he has trouble staying up late. And our school district hasn't done the 2-hour late start yet - let's go Haverford!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cooking a porchetta in the morning, then biking it over to my buddy's house right off Broad, then sitting in the same seat & location as the past two conference championships & Super Bowl.

What's in the cards for The Jugglers?
  • Options
    We are having people over our house. Trying to decide on food at the moment...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    I am trying my best to stay focused on work and stuff...but yeah man....it's only fucking Wednesday!

What are you guys doing for the game?

I have no idea what i'm doing for the game yet to be honest :lol::neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Watching with a house full of Birds fans.  
    Cooking a shitton of lasagna.  Drinking far too many beers.  
    Watching the quarter finishes, hoping to win some big square bets.

(Saving a whole lot of money not going to the game!)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    First game of the 2023 NFL season is Eagles at Chiefs if KC wins and 49ers at Eagles if WE win, right? I have to think that's how it plays out.
  • Options
    First game of the 2023 NFL season is Eagles at Chiefs if KC wins and 49ers at Eagles if WE win, right? I have to think that's how it plays out.
    I say they save the rematch for October or something. 49ers is a distinct possibility if we win. 

• Options
    We're trying to figure out an away game for next year. I'm leaning Seattle, but if they win on Sunday I don't know how it's not KC haha.