Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    pjhawks said:
    Anyway, it's Monday. Of Super Bowl Week. That the Eagles are playing in.

I've already begun to have the shakes.

@Glorified KC come to South Philly to watch the game. There's a Chiefs bar and everything.

If I was closer to Philly I would!  I'll actually be joining this crew for the 3rd time in 4 years:

come to Philly you will see one hell of a party that night.
    Depending on the game's outcome, hell might be the operative word.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,197
    pjhawks said:

@Glorified KC come to South Philly to watch the game. There's a Chiefs bar and everything.

If I was closer to Philly I would!  I'll actually be joining this crew for the 3rd time in 4 years:

come to Philly you will see one hell of a party that night.

So they celebrate after losses in Philly?  ;)
    well on the small chance the Birds don't win there won't be a celebration but i'm sure there will be some reaction on Broad Street as well :)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Dear Philly fans,
    I know you're playing in the Super Bowl and all and that's great for you.  Congrats!
    That said, as a Phoenician, we kindly ask you to stay at home and do not attempt to come here.
    Between the Super Bowl and the Phoenix Open, there are already enough people here.  The last thing we need is more people....especially people from Philly.  
    That is all.
    Good day.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,781
    Calm down.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,431
    And there's no water. It's a huge city in the desert. Brilliant. I don't have tickets anyway.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    edited February 2023
    mca47 said:
    Dear Philly fans,
    I know you're playing in the Super Bowl and all and that's great for you.  Congrats!
    That said, as a Phoenician, we kindly ask you to stay at home and do not attempt to come here.
    Between the Super Bowl and the Phoenix Open, there are already enough people here.  The last thing we need is more people....especially people from Philly.  
    That is all.
    Good day.
    I'd rather go for the golf than the game. Seeing the SB in person has never been something that has interested me to much. 

Speaking of which, what are you fellas doing for the game?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    mca47 said:
    Dear Philly fans,
    That is all.
    Good day.
    I'd rather go for the golf than the game. Seeing the SB in person has never been something that has interested me to much. 

Phoenix stinks, was not a fan of the area when I was out there. At best it's fine. Definitely a good place to be in February, though.

Was about to ask this. Was feeling more confident earlier in the week, but like the spread I'm slightly coming back down to Earth. Game comes down to the pass rushers getting to Mahomes, that's it. I believe we can score, and this is the game where AJ finally wakes up. The thing is Mahomes can outscore us (+/- is 50!), or a the very least easily keep up. Comes down to the pass rush. Need to spike Mahomes like Purdy and force a turnover, or get to Mahomes & keep a 10 point lead and be able to run the ball (which we can do) to keep him off the field.

EDIT: Given the injury, too, I feel better that Hurts was overthrowing his receivers than underthrowing last game. I think this rest helps him lock in.

Regardless, Birds are still favorites at this time, and I try to look at it like this. If they were playing at the Linc, by my logic, they'd be 4.5 point favorites. Does that make sense? I'm not sure.

EDIT EDIT: Also, yes, We.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    mca47 said:
    Dear Philly fans,
    That is all.
    Good day.

Same.  Even if my team was in the SB, I'd def rather watch the SB on TV than go.  A ton of money, if you got tickets they'd probably suck...the whole thing...pass!
  • Options
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Still haven't cancelled flights and hotel.
    Need to make the call in the day or so....
    Tickets went down for the game but not enough, hoping she bags it and we stay home and cook, eat, drink.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Big fan of the over on +/- rush yards for Kenny Gainwell sitting at 19.5
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I think the guy on the right is pretty good…

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options

Are they on an ice skating rink or something?

I hate media day. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

Are they on an ice skating rink or something?

I hate media day. 
    Lol that does look like a rink.  Look out for the Zamboni!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    I've been watching all of this garbage I can't help myself
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    mca47 said:
    Dear Philly fans,
    That is all.
    Good day.

mca47 said:
    Dear Philly fans,
    That is all.
    Good day.

Phoenix stinks, was not a fan of the area when I was out there. At best it's fine. Definitely a good place to be in February, though.

The one Superb Owl I attended was in Phoenix. We played golf on Friday. Went to the NFL experience thing Saturday, game Sunday and got out of dodge.
    Phoenix isn't that great of a city for it. Should be perennially in a city like New Orleans.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Poncier said:
    mca47 said:
    Dear Philly fans,
    That is all.
    Good day.

mca47 said:
    Dear Philly fans,
    That is all.
    Good day.

The one Superb Owl I attended was in Phoenix. We played golf on Friday. Went to the NFL experience thing Saturday, game Sunday and got out of dodge.
    Phoenix isn't that great of a city for it. Should be perennially in a city like New Orleans.
    Tough to argue against a spot where you can walk everywhere....like N'Awlins.
    I've attended a Superb Owl and a Natty in The Big Easy and it is a perfect fit for such events.
    I'd love LA, having lived there for 20 years.  
    Phoenix has some good stuff going on but it is spread out and can suffer by comparison to Miami, LA, or New Orleans.  

• Options
    HAHA I know me too. Saw Mama Kelce come out with the cookies and that whole deal. Listened to their 2 1/2 hour podcast yesterday. Ed Kelce with his alien search and library downloaded Chicago albums...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    HAHA I know me too. Saw Mama Kelce come out with the cookies and that whole deal. Listened to their 2 1/2 hour podcast yesterday. Ed Kelce with his alien search and library downloaded Chicago albums...
    I'm glad that stuff is over. About to throw some Birds with Friends on before work. Getting closer--time to focus!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Birds with Friends and catching up on Philly Special have been the only pods I've been listening/watching. I gotta check out the latest New Heights. 

I would love to go to a Birds Super Bowl in New Orleans. That's heaven right there.
  • Options
    Inside the Birds - the ones with Quinton Mikell & Jason Avant are good. Birds v Boys is always fun, esp with the despondent Cowboys fan guy, but they somehow don't get all their stuff on the podcast things.

• Options
    Meh...yesterday's Birds with Friends spent too much time with Elliot Shore Parks for my liking. Talk about a douche loaded with hot takes...yeesh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Meh...yesterday's Birds with Friends spent too much time with Elliot Shore Parks for my liking. Talk about a douche loaded with hot takes...yeesh
    Haha, I know, not great, that guy sucks. Best Birds podcast tho.
  • Options
    Jason Avant & Quinton Mikell continuously referring to the Eagles as "we" even though they are no longer on the team. Maybe Cliffy can have a word with them.

They also continued the theme that the 49ers QB injuries were not an unfortunate fluke but a direct result of their terrible coaching. You know, my 5-Hawk take.

Happy Festivus!

Another Festivus miracle There will be no airing of grievances    today   Madisons Avenue

• Options
    Some really confident podcasters out there.

• Options
    Mrs Fme told me Jasan Avant was autographing pictures about 10 yards away from where we were.  This was in the club before giants game, I believe.
    I commented that he was a 2nd rate USFL WR.
    I've not heard his pod.  Hopefully he is a higher caliber Podcaster than an NFL WR.  :/
  • Options
    It is wild he had a 10 year career.
  • Options
    Mrs Fme told me Jasan Avant was autographing pictures about 10 yards away from where we were.  This was in the club before giants game, I believe.
    I commented that he was a 2nd rate USFL WR.
    I've not heard his pod.  Hopefully he is a higher caliber Podcaster than an NFL WR.  :/
    Yeah he's quite good at it - he carries it. I'm aware of his career of mediocrity.

It is wild he had a 10 year career.
    Look at the scraps of ex-Eagles WR's all over the league on middling teams. It's like in the 90s except those ex-Eagles were all playing in Super Bowls.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878

not anymore three's not
    https://www.phillymag.com/news/2023/02/06/philadelphia-chiefs-bar-cancels-super-bowl/?fbclid=IwAR3zhJUcAjgs0qGU8KKHZXMwJ7ZUhkULlb2Wic8kte-4fh95Gnn9o5B2_Uw

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Yeah they cancelled because their ticket system was a mess, respect to that guy.