Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    I like only the one seed getting the bye and I definitely like the six Wild Card games. It was fun even last year when we got crushed by TB. Getting that #1 seed really kept the pressure on with the potential of going to TB in the WC round, which would be basically no improvement on the 9-8 2021 team. The thing I'd change would be to to NBA-style and seed all the teams by record. So TB makes the playoffs by winning their division but they get the 7 seed because they suck.

Also: I know Mahomes will get the MVP but come on - Jalen Hurts was 14-1 - best QB record in the league. The team basically collapsed without him. The coaches got him injured vs. the worst team in the league and he came back to seal it. My man #1 is the M V P !
    Agreed, that would be the next step for me. I think divisions are stupid outside of some kind of need for geography (same for leagues/conferences; also why I think MLB will become an East/West format over NL/AL at some point here, and they definitely need to re-seed). I like that the NFL re-seeds, but, yeah, if a wildcard team has a better record than the garbage NFC South then you shouldn't be playing an away game.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Yeah I heard that guy talk about splitting up the AFC and NFC during the final weekend too. Makes too much sense not to do it...which means they probably won't. 

Disagree with you guys on the new format. But, hey-
    https://youtu.be/BcCIar8zhXs

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    I mean, going to 14 playoff teams was clearly just a money grab. I just think it happens to work out to be more fun and makes the regular season more fun. The #1 seed is crucial but also the #2 seed is important so you can play at home in the divisional round (and probably play a cupcake #7 seed).

Agree with you on the 17th game - they can shove it. The Eagles' "extra" 2023 game is at Kansas City. Not as much fun as playing the Jets. And we have to hear whine festivals about records being broken in 17 games compared to 16 games. Ford Frick never dies. Oh yeah congrats to AJ Brown on the franchise record for receiving yards in a season, period.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Ideal scenario: Giants in Divisional Round, Cowboys in NFC Championship. Although history tells us there is no going to the Super Bowl without first beating the Vikings.
    I think it's going to be San Fran in the Conf game, if Birds get there (which they should!). I haven't bought into the hype of the 9ers, I just don't see it (sorry, F Me!). But apparently people are scared of them, so I guess that's the one tough matchup.
    Niners going to the Bowl!

I have no idea how the playoffs go.  Defense can be really, really good.  I don't think Seattle gets much going.  
    Brock Purdy is undefeated as a starting qb in the NFL.  Amazing!
    (So was the Giants bum until yesterday)

Bucs upset Cowboys
    Niners pound seachickens
    Vikes roll Giants

Bengals, cincy, and Doug's Jaw win in AFC

I actually think Cowboys probably win but I want them to lose and I think Brady has some calls left from the refs to make it tough.

So happy Wroggers didn't make it.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
     And making the winner of Bucs/Cowboys play a playoff game on short rest is not fair. 
    as I said, both teams are piles of shit, so it really doesn’t matter.

that said, it’s dumb. should be 3 games saturday; 3 games sunday.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yeah, the Money Grab Monday game is bs.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Ideal scenario: Giants in Divisional Round, Cowboys in NFC Championship. Although history tells us there is no going to the Super Bowl without first beating the Vikings.
    I think it's going to be San Fran in the Conf game, if Birds get there (which they should!). I haven't bought into the hype of the 9ers, I just don't see it (sorry, F Me!). But apparently people are scared of them, so I guess that's the one tough matchup.

You really think both the Bengals and Cincy will win this weekend?

=) 

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

=) 

Fuck Cincy, as I heard someone say. (I don't know what it means, and I actually kinda root for the Bengals in "loser city with cold winters" solidarity and I'd be shocked if they lost to Baltimore, but they gotta play the games (unless they don't))
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Poncier said:

=) 

Ha.
    Bills, Cincy, and Doug's Jaw.
  • Options
    Nah. Fuck Cincy. They're gonna lose twice. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Great article about the legendary Nazi Defeater Pete Pihos of the 1948/1949 World Champions.
    https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-playoffs-pete-pihos-football-hall-of-fame-20230111.html

Also if you haven't read Give it to Steve now's the time. I hope we get some snow for the playoffs!
    https://www.amazon.com/Give-Steve-Kindle-Single-Bunch-ebook/dp/B0073NPOR6

Go Birds!

• Options
    Hey guys my son and I won a fantasy football championship and I know you don't care about that but I wanted to donate to one of our players' charities and we had DeVonta Smith and Miles Sanders - does anyone know if those guys are raising money for any special causes? Otherwise it'll go to something for Patrick Mahomes or Travis Kelce.

• Options
    I would imagine they both have charities.
    Most of the guys do but certainly the high visibility guys.  
    The Google machine could help or you could message the team.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited January 2023

I have no idea how the playoffs go.  Defense can be really, really good.  I don't think Seattle gets much going.  

Bucs upset Cowboys
    Niners pound seachickens
    Vikes roll Giants

I actually think Cowboys probably win but I want them to lose and I think Brady has some calls left from the refs to make it tough.

Win this weekend's game and our 49ers are no doubt Super Bowl LVII Champions!  Though this is the ONLY matchup I fear. Not the Eagles, Vikings, or Cowboys. Not the Chiefs, Bills, or Bengals. 49ers/Seahawks rivalry always brings out the best in both teams.  I absolutely hate that our entire playoff fate rests on three-peating those waterfowl in one season. I believe we've only swept them 3 or 4 times since they joined the NFC West in 2002.  I don't know that we've ever won 3 straight...
  • Options
    edited January 2023

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I read that teams that swept 2 regular season games are 14-9 vs. that team in the playoffs - and they were usually not as much of a mismatch as Seahawks-49ers. Frisco by 17.

Clearly that's something I already tried. I found one for Travis Kelce.

• Options
    I read that teams that swept 2 regular season games are 14-9 vs. that team in the playoffs - and they were usually not as much of a mismatch as Seahawks-49ers. Frisco by 17.

Clearly that's something I already tried. I found one for Travis Kelce.
    I don't do Twitter, do you?  If so, I would tweet at the team and ask for the associated charity for the player.  Sorry, should have figured Google was already consulted.
  • Options
    Nah no twitter anymore. NP

• Options
    edited January 2023

Bucs upset Cowboys
    Niners pound seachickens
    Vikes roll Giants

Win this weekend's game and our 49ers are no doubt Super Bowl LVII Champions!  Though this is the ONLY matchup I fear. Not the Eagles, Vikings, or Cowboys. Not the Chiefs, Bills, or Bengals. 49ers/Seahawks rivalry always brings out the best in both teams.  I absolutely hate that our entire playoff fate rests on three-peating those waterfowl in one season. I believe we've only swept them 3 or 4 times since they joined the NFC West in 2002.  I don't know that we've ever won 3 straight...
    Funny, I said the oppo to someone yesterday. 
    I think Seattle stinks and I'm not scared of them.
    Eagles could drive us nuts with Hurts.  I'd consider us at a disadvantage there.  I expect if 49ers Eagles played that it would be Eagles win.  (Which I won't admit to my wife...I'll be there with her if they do play one another, which could be fun.)
    Cowboys have the O to make it scary, although I trust them to choke, just like last year.
    Bucs?  Tom Brady *and the refs* can beat anyone
    Vikes?  I think they are trash but never know.
    Giants?   Actually I'm not scared of them, either.

Chiefs, Bills, Bengals all scare me.  

• Options
    I reached out on IG.

Yeah, if the game's close, the refs are going to help Brady win it. You think you stopped them on 3rd down? Nope - Illegal Contact.

• Options
    I reached out on IG.

Yeah, if the game's close, the refs are going to help Brady win it. You think you stopped them on 3rd down? Nope - Illegal Contact.
    The roughing the passer anytime anyone farts in his direction is the worst.  Hurts (or Purdy, or most other guys) can get tossed around without calls....but Tommy Gravy will get the phantom roughing every game.  

• Options
    Hey guys my son and I won a fantasy football championship and I know you don't care about that but I wanted to donate to one of our players' charities and we had DeVonta Smith and Miles Sanders - does anyone know if those guys are raising money for any special causes? Otherwise it'll go to something for Patrick Mahomes or Travis Kelce.
    "Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, Miles Sanders and numerous other Eagles players selected charities meaningful to them to support, many of them either here in Philadelphia or in their hometowns, and worked with artists to design cleats that represent those charities and causes.

Graham’s cleats support the Detroit Police Athletic League, Curry picked Big Brothers / Big Sisters and Sanders the Pittsburgh Boys and Girls Club’ program to end gun violence."  ?

• Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Very very happy for Doug.
  • Options
    Yeah I thought they'd lose, Minny stinks. If we don't win this we have no business in any kind of conference 'ship let alone the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    I knew Gianta could hang with MN, as they did a few weeks back, but I thought they would get rolled

Now you get the Giants.  Couldn't ask for much better. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Yeah, you could, you could ask for Minnesota. 

Can’t wait for the bullion duis and domestic violence calls when the giants send these losers packing 
  • Options
    Yeah I thought they'd lose, Minny stinks. If we don't win this we have no business in any kind of conference 'ship let alone the Super Bowl.
    I smell doubt!!
  • Options
    I smell doubt!!
    Ha, literally no better team to be playing is what I'm saying.
  • Options
    The whole beating a team 3 times thing, your qb isn’t even throwing the ball, haven’t played real football in a month….7.5 is insane