******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Let's keep this Tank up now and get at least two top 5 picks with three 1st rounders.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Damn that Miami pick could be 1 overall. Losing to Detroit this week will not be such a horrible thing...

I still think they win a few more in the second half though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Miami trade is Howie's only saving grace right now. It's just weird to see a team absolutely disregarding an entire season. I'm here for it though.

I am looking forward to the Bobby Lee standup we're going to see in Denver more than the game.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Damn that Miami pick could be 1 overall.  
    Miami still has 2 games against the Jets, it won't be #1 overall.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited October 2021
    Well this acquisition didn't last too long, Joe Flacco to the Jets for a 6 round pick.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Well this acquisition didn't last too long, Joe Flacco to the Jets for a 6 round pick.
    Dude is trash at this point, sixth round has a chance to be something or re-packaged.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Howie is good at this stuff. This is all he should do.
    ...and we're one step closer to some of that sweet sweet MinshewMania.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Damn that Miami pick could be 1 overall. Losing to Detroit this week will not be such a horrible thing...

I still think they win a few more in the second half though. 

if they lose to Detroit that would be really sad. I think they win 5 or 6 games this year. They do play the Giants and Washington twice so that should be at least two wins i would think.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Shocking to see them have success on a day where they actually help their young qb with a much more balanced attack. 

I’m telling you guys….the schedule is full of garbage football teams from here on out (hi giants twice!). They’re gonna win at least three more…Lurie will be convinced flowers are about to bloom…and both Purple Marker Guy and Roseman will be back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Purple Marker Guy finally decided to run.
    +Lions are bad.

Always good to destroy someone.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Have the Lions ever been really good? Even with Barry Sanders they were never great.  I mean at some point over 30 or 40 years you gotta have one great season right?  Give their fans credit for still showing up to some level.  
    +Lions are bad.

I find it amusing how he waits until his best running back is injured to run the ball. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    +Lions are bad.

I find it amusing how he waits until his best running back is injured to run the ball. haha

I don't.  (Have Sanders as a Keeper in one of my leagues, so I pay almost nothing for him and almost have to take him on the team again....and I know he could be so good.)  Fucking PMG. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    pjhawks said:
    Have the Lions ever been really good? Even with Barry Sanders they were never great.  I mean at some point over 30 or 40 years you gotta have one great season right?  Give their fans credit for still showing up to some level.  
    One year with Sanders they made the NFC championship game, but got waxed by the Redskins.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    One year with Sanders they made the NFC championship game, but got waxed by the Redskins.

I think that is the only time they have won a playoff game since the Superb Owl era started. 
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

I think that is the only time they have won a playoff game since the Superb Owl era started. 
    Came close in this one
    https://youtu.be/VWFhRBjlMA0
    chinese-happy.jpg
    That is awesome to watch....loved Watters & Peete...my best friend was/is a huge Lions fan and I watched their games (rooting against them) like they were my games.  That was a fun time warp.
    That is awesome to watch....loved Watters & Peete...my best friend was/is a huge Lions fan and I watched their games (rooting against them) like they were my games.  That was a fun time warp.
    Fun fact--that was the Eagles' last victory in that beautiful kelly green and silver uniform. God I hope they go back to that...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I was at that game - very nice memories. I think the Lions set the record for garbage-time points. We played Dallas next week and got destroyed during the 30.7" Blizzard of '96. My brother & sister and I walked on the trolley tracks to go to the open (!) bowling alley.

I think the Lions had a dynasty in the 50s and their defense in the 60s rivaled the Packers but they had no offense. Otherwise, yeah just a sad franchise. They even play in a ridiculous dome - why?

Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I was at that game - very nice memories. I think the Lions set the record for garbage-time points. We played Dallas next week and got destroyed during the 30.7" Blizzard of '96. My brother & sister and I walked on the trolley tracks to go to the open (!) bowling alley.

I think the Lions had a dynasty in the 50s and their defense in the 60s rivaled the Packers but they had no offense. Otherwise, yeah just a sad franchise. They even play in a ridiculous dome - why?

Ah, The Blizzard of '96....when a young Cecily Tynan rose to local stardom

Between that and the Ice Storm of '94, we had midterms cancelled twice during my run at ol' Radnor High...
    chinese-happy.jpg

Ah, The Blizzard of '96....when a young Cecily Tynan rose to local stardom

Between that and the Ice Storm of '94, we had midterms cancelled twice during my run at ol' Radnor High...

I think my favorite local newscast.
    Keep waiting for Ron Burgandy to take over.
    She is not reading the weather in LA but for this area she has game.  (She could kick the asses of those 'hotter' LA weatherladies, though, no doubt.  She is a badass, beast, of an athlete.)

Herbert was 32 of 38. Thirty. Two. Of. Thirty. Eight.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Very soft pass coverage.  The good QBs are just pitching and catching against this team right now.  We barely put up resistance for any short passes. Annoying to watch at times.  
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Manager: How did ever we get 6 incompletions?
    Bench Coach: It's a miracle.
    Manager: It's a miracle!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Congrats on your best start to a season since 2016, Cliff. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Well, I at least have liked the way the offense has looked the last couple of weeks. Definitely seeing some improvement. Run game opened up play action. Hurts looked more comfortable. Big game for DeVonta. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Congrats on being just as bad as a team that is so disgraceful that this is their best start since 2016, Juggs.

Congrats on being just as bad as a team that is so disgraceful that this is their best start since 2016, Juggs.
    Thanks! I hope Giants fans are still not mad at us for costing them the division last year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg