Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    edited November 2017
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    So anyway...I'm saying 8-8. Don't really know what to expect. Like last year, this is all on Doug and Wentz for me. I just want to see improvement with them over last year to have confidence in this team moving forward. I hate that they failed to find a rb in a rb deep draft. Receivers are upgraded but I don't like having so many new faces with a qb looking to grow with a team. Jeffrey always misses time. I don't know. Line looks good. D should be better, but the secondary still blows. Jenkins is getting old. Darby better be really good.

go birds

umm...?
    Ha...and you said 9-7. Is there a point other than we all had it wrong? Simmer down, 'takes.

Anyway---nice time to answer my earlier concerns, thanks!
    Doug has proven that he learned from his pass happy mistakes last year and is putting forth one of the best coaching performances this team has ever seen. I cannot be more happy with this offense. Everything I've preached to you over the years?---this is the fruition. 

Carson has benefited from Doug's balanced play calling and this has catapulted his development faster than anyone imagined. 

The running back concern was valid--and then just to show how much this team values a balanced attack, they traded for Ajayi who has provided an immediate impact.

Defense is playing way better than anyone anticipated. 

not true as i imagined it last year. 
    You just blindly hot taked that they were jointed at the hip without providing any valuable insight...that's what you always do.

The rest of us were smart enough to state that for it to work, Doug had to improve his play calling and get back the balanced attack that helped Carson get off to a good start last year. You will never win consistently in this league throwing the ball 80% of the time. 

pjhawks said:
    You're just unable to defend your point of view with any verifiable evidence. "The QB is developing just fine"---except when I point out the mechanical flaws and poor choices he is exhibiting now that he wasn't in September you have no answer. The coach and QB are "joined at the hip" like Reid and McNabb were already----I just can't see what this is based on. What have you seen from Pederson over the last couple months hat you've liked? Reid had something like 15 years of coaching experience by the time he got to the Eagles. So there's a big difference between the two coaches at this point in their careers. Reid's team also showed improvement as the season wore on. They have more success throwing the ball 40+ games despite evidence that they had more success earlier in the season when they had a more balanced attack. I've provided evidence that the team and Wentz performs better with a more balanced attack. You've also mentioned the lack of talent, banged up line, and poor defensive play which are also indicators that they should run the ball more. Look I'm hoping for the best. We all are. And there's still 4 games left to show improvement. I can't help but be a bit disappointed in what I am seeing right now. Let's hope they come out with a game plan similar to what worked early in the year on Sunday and they fight for a full 60 minutes...that would be a step in the right direction.
    right now the only flaw i see in Wentz is that he tends to float that ball on the pass deep over the middle. that is a concern but correctable. by all other measures he still has all the skills needed to be a top flight NFL QB. his skills didn't diminish in the past few weeks. Especially when considering the utter lack of talent on this offense I think he has played very well for a rookie and fairly good for a regular QB. I have very little doubt based on what i've seen that barring injury this guy will be a top flight NFL QB for a long time.

above from you then me from December of last year...  you were disappointed in his development and i well said the bold above.  
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Wow your quoting skills are almost as bad as your takes.....but from what I gather, this is pretty consistent with what I said today. Had Pederson continued to call plays like he did during the middle of last year, it would have continued to stunt Carson's growth and it would've increased the odds of him getting hurt. Thankfully they got back to what worked in those last four games---a balanced attack which, as I have preached to you countless times, helps your developing franchise qb. This year only further illustrates that point. 

Come on "Takes...we're 9-1 and coming off such a huge win last night and you want to argue today? Seriously?

Look, I know it must be to tough coming to grips with the fact that this Eagles offense is the literal antithesis of everything you've ever spouted in these Birds threads over the years....
    I mean you are the guy who argued vociferously that the Eagles should throw the ball 70-80% of the time with Mike Vick under center....I can't imagine how confused you are watching the success they are having with a qb as good as Wentz only throwing about 55% of the time... 

Just sit back and enjoy what's happening right now. Football as it was meant to be played. This team is really, really good. They are balanced. They are deep and they appear to have luck on their side at the moment. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    Wow your quoting skills are almost as bad as your takes.....but from what I gather, this is pretty consistent with what I said today. Had Pederson continued to call plays like he did during the middle of last year, it would have continued to stunt Carson's growth and it would've increased the odds of him getting hurt. Thankfully they got back to what worked in those last four games---a balanced attack which, as I have preached to you countless times, helps your developing franchise qb. This year only further illustrates that point. 

Come on "Takes...we're 9-1 and coming off such a huge win last night and you want to argue today? Seriously?

Look, I know it must be to tough coming to grips with the fact that this Eagles offense is the literal antithesis of everything you've ever spouted in these Birds threads over the years....
    I mean you are the guy who argued vociferously that the Eagles should throw the ball 70-80% of the time with Mike Vick under center....I can't imagine how confused you are watching the success they are having with a qb as good as Wentz only throwing about 55% of the time... 

Just sit back and enjoy what's happening right now. Football as it was meant to be played. This team is really, really good. They are balanced. They are deep and they appear to have luck on their side at the moment. 

Absolute garbage person.
  • Options

Absolute garbage person.
    The take's are hot today, my friend. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Absolute garbage person.
    "First, let me say, cancer fucking sucks. But Holy Lord maybe this is a gift sent from above - David Montgomery stepping down as President for a medical leave of absence due to jaw cancer"

yes, yes you are.
  • Options

i am enjoying it.  every fucking second of it.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Hope you're taking notes too!

GO BIRDS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I read some of these exchanges and a few minutes later a funny thought popped into my head.
    Hawks is Juggs' 2nd 10C account, just for ticketing purposes. 
    Seems a lot of work and imagination just to maintain the ruse.

:lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Hope you're taking notes too!

GO BIRDS
    yup...

rule #1 get a stud QB -- check
    rule #2 have a good to great offensive line - check
    rule #3 score TDs in the red zone - check
    rule #4 get a great defensive line to slow down QBs - check
    rule #5 have good DBs to cover on those occasions d-line doesn't get there - check
    rule #6 don't turn the ball over - check
    rule #7 have good to great special teams - check
    rule #8 run the ball when leading to kill the clock - check

all rules pale in comparison to rule #1 - once again thank you Cleveland

• Options
    I read some of these exchanges and a few minutes later a funny thought popped into my head.

haha.....you got me. I am undefeated in arguments against him so I guess I made it too obvious.

Tally ho on this glorious Monday to you! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

haha.....you got me. I am undefeated in arguments against him so I guess I made it too obvious.

Tally ho on this glorious Monday to you! 
    Image result for jennifer lawrence  ok gif
  • Options
  • Options
    Anything new going on?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

https://www.bleedinggreennat loion.com/2017/11/20/16680288/jake-elliott-injury-doug-pederson-update-eagles-kicker-situation-caleb-sturgis-philadelphia-news-nfl

Concussion protocol for Elliot....maybe Sturgis comes back this week....

Didn't read but that means they either cut someone else, put Sturgis back on the roster and not dress Elliott, or put Elliott on season ending IR yes?
  • Options
    Anything new going on?
    Ahh, umm, it's actually 2004 all over again. Hoping the ending's a little different this year. 

I blame myself that year. I bought a bottle of champagne from the winery near my house and had a label put on it saying, "2004 Super Bowl Champions", or some shit like that. It took another 4 years for that bottle to make it to Broad Street.

Suffice to say I was 22 at the time and I'm not doing that again.
  • Options
    Anything new going on?
    Ahh, umm, it's actually 2004 all over again. Hoping the ending's a little different this year. 

I blame myself that year. I bought a bottle of champagne from the winery near my house and had a label put on it saying, "2004 Super Bowl Champions", or some shit like that. It took another 4 years for that bottle to make it to Broad Street.

Well if things end up differently this year I submit, my friend deserves some credit. This is the guy I have season tickets with....he's taking his family to Disney World the week of the Super Bowl.

He's the cheapest person in the world, so of course he's going from Wednesday to Tuesday with the Super Bowl right smack in the middle--apparently it's one of the least expensive times of the year down there or something. He figured the Eagles to be mediocre-ish (like the rest of us) and would have a hard time making the playoffs let alone have a shot to make it to Minnesota so they booked it over the summer.

Now he's so pissed and can't get out of it. I haven't given him shit about it every.single.time I've hung out with him or anything. I'd never do something like that.

In a way, it's like a reverse, involuntary, superstition thing he's got going on, though. I love it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Anything new going on?

Well if things end up differently this year I submit, my friend deserves some credit. This is the guy I have season tickets with....he's taking his family to Disney World the week of the Super Bowl.

He's the cheapest person in the world, so of course he's going from Wednesday to Tuesday with the Super Bowl right smack in the middle--apparently it's one of the least expensive times of the year down there or something. He figured the Eagles to be mediocre-ish (like the rest of us) and would have a hard time making the playoffs let alone have a shot to make it to Minnesota so they booked it over the summer.

Now he's so pissed and can't get out of it. I haven't given him shit about it every.single.time I've hung out with him or anything. I'd never do something like that.

In a way, it's like a reverse, involuntary, superstition thing he's got going on, though. I love it. 
    Absolutely. Every time they score and/or win a game I would let him know that I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR DISNEY WORLD.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    To you and yours as well!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    Thanks you guys as well
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    game day, Go Birds.  This is another game they should win pretty easily like 30-10.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    This is going to be a bloodbath today.  
  • Options
    Trout's using a blanket? It's 50 degrees out.
  • Options
    game day, Go Birds.  This is another game they should win pretty easily like 30-10.
    meh close enough

except for the few fumbles solid win.  Have they officially clinched a playoff spot yet?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So much fun down there right now. Enjoying every second of it. I know it was a rookie QB but the D is balling.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    It's all happening. Next two weeks are huge (o b v I o u s l y). 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    JK_Livin said:
    So much fun down there right now. Enjoying every second of it. I know it was a rookie QB but the D is balling.
    D has been great all year.  Pretty darn impressive with the injuries they've had too.  Going to be a nice test the next two weeks.  Got to imagine they lose one of them but I still think they end up with home field.  Rams beating NO yesterday I think was good for the Eagles.  Falcons getting it together though. they could be scary come playoff time.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    D has been great all year.  Pretty darn impressive with the injuries they've had too.  Going to be a nice test the next two weeks.  Got to imagine they lose one of them but I still think they end up with home field.  Rams beating NO yesterday I think was good for the Eagles.  Falcons getting it together though. they could be scary come playoff time.
    Atlanta has an impossible schedule here on out
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Atlanta has an impossible schedule here on out
    true but they play the teams ahead of them which is a good thing this time of year.  If they manage to make it in the playoffs they will be scary. they are one team i'd like to see not make it.