Options

Touring Band 2000

PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
edited December 2012 in The Porch
Had an idea - PJ should re release touring band 2000 in an HD quality. i enjoy the grainy footage too, but i've noticed the quality of this one seems to be extra grainy. anyone else notice?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    Had an idea - PJ should re release touring band 2000 in an HD quality. i enjoy the grainy footage too, but i've noticed the quality of this one seems to be extra grainy. anyone else notice?

You're probably not going to get much better than DVD quality on this one. TB2000 was filmed almost as an afterthought; crew members picked up digital cameras and filmed the shows after their duties were done for the night. That's why the quality is so grainy. Frankly, I think that it gives this release a homegrown kind of feel to it. But it's also why HD quality does not exist for this. You'd think more from this release would have shown up on the PJ20 release if it was possible to upconvert to HD.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I think it's perfect the way it is. Still my favourite release on DVD. I think it's a shame they didn't release something similar for the Aus/NZ tour in 09 but they could redeem themselves by doing a Euro 12 DVD.... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    they could redeem themselves by doing a Euro 12 DVD.... :D
    I like the way you think.
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• Options
    it's not possible. it was shot in standard def video. can't be remastered in hd. however, anything that was shot on film can be upgraded to hd. 35mm film is actually higher resolution than 1080p.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all