Pearl Jam should do a jersey shore benefit..

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited October 2012 in The Porch
I had this idea today in my head.. wouldn't it be cool if they played a show at Atlantic City or wherever to benefit those who suffered during the hurricane.. anyway just a cool thought.
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sounds great to me!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Was thinking the same this morning that when they can, put on a show at MSG with funds to go to victims of Sandy.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    That would be cool...for NYC too...
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    They should play that show from the safety of Iowa.

They don;t need to be in the mess for the $ to go for the mess after all. :lol:

Not to mention it would show their East Coast bias again as I never saw who thought of a benefit when the Midwest was flooding. Or a Missouri town blew away. :twisted:
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Yes...the band has a bias because a fan posted a (good) idea on their message board. :roll:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Post deleted by admin. See the Posting Guidelines
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

Not to mention it would show their East Coast bias again as I never saw who thought of a benefit when the Midwest was flooding. Or a Missouri town blew away. :twisted:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Yeah, cause that is exactly what I did there. Way to make a personal comment.
    hippiemom = goodness
    JimmyV wrote:
    Yes...the band has a bias because a fan posted a (good) idea on their message board. :roll:

They should have a benefit to encourage reading comprehension and and understanding context, it seems like it would help.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV wrote:

They should have a benefit to encourage reading comprehension and and understanding context, it seems like it would help.

Yes, of course, everyone is misunderstanding poor little you. Take responsibility for your words. Nobody made you write them.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Great idea... I'm all in for that!

We just got the power back on here at my house about an hour ago. The storm was crazy here - we had a 50 ft oak tree fall on the front of our house. Took out part of the roof, but everyone inside was okay. I was actually just getting home from work when it fell. I was standing in my driveway and saw it get blown over by a giant gust of wind. It landed about 15 feet from where I was standing and on the front walkway where I would have been standing about 5 seconds later. A little too close for comfort :shock:

The damage to the house sucks, but I'm not complaining. My wife and kids are fine which is all that matters. :D

I hope the rest of us affected by the storm are okay!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

81 wrote:

Quit your laughing...if they play this in the midwest we are all crashing at both of your houses...and we all know how that will end:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=197045
    :fp: :lol: :wave:

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Quit your laughing...if they play this in the midwest we are all crashing at both of your houses...and we all know how that will end:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=197045

i'll save a room in the dungeon for you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=197045

i'll save a room in the dungeon for you.
    :corn:

I just escape Snakeduck's dungeon and now I'll be held captive in yours :fp: At least yours is paved in gold :think:

on2legs wrote:
    Great idea... I'm all in for that!

We just got the power back on here at my house about an hour ago. The storm was crazy here - we had a 50 ft oak tree fall on the front of our house. Took out part of the roof, but everyone inside was okay. I was actually just getting home from work when it fell. I was standing in my driveway and saw it get blown over by a giant gust of wind. It landed about 15 feet from where I was standing and on the front walkway where I would have been standing about 5 seconds later. A little too close for comfort :shock:

The damage to the house sucks, but I'm not complaining. My wife and kids are fine which is all that matters. :D

I hope the rest of us affected by the storm are okay!
    Glad you and your family are all ok. That is scary! We fared well...but the devastation to the jersey shore is really heartbreaking.

• 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    bump for Dirty Jersey...... no pun intended....

Hello from PA hope you guys are all doing better.
    This too shall pass.....