Options

Jetlag

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Any tips for curing this sucka?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    don't fly redeyes :lol:

sleep is about the only thing that works for me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Trying to sleep, 81. I'm only managing sporadic naps. My body still thinks I'm in Seattle. I was fine flying over; it's coming back to England that's shafted me. In the meantime, I have travel exhaustion. It's all fooked.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Trying to sleep, 81. I'm only managing sporadic naps. My body still thinks I'm in Seattle. I was fine flying over; it's coming back to England that's shafted me. In the meantime, I have travel exhaustion. It's all fooked.

i get it. flying east always fucks me up too. all i've done is try to live in my normal time zone. ie be up when i normally am up, and go to bed when i normally go to bed. ussally a day or two and i'm back to normal.

how long have you been home.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I find a good ol' fashioned hug cures this..

or a really good drunk and roll in the hay works everytime..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Any tips for curing this sucka?

nope sorry.. i dont get jetlag.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I take dramamine and sleep the entire flight and then try to stay awake until bedtime (in the current time zone). Sort of works...as long as I'm not forced to sit still :yawn:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Tenzing N.Tenzing N. Posts: 466
    As a former international pilot I have two suggestions. THE best way to deal with it is light exposure. Your brain doesn't know what time it is- but it does know light. Don't close your blinds.
    Or- next time you travel, don't conform to the alternative time zone. Stay on your usual schedule. I enjoy that one because it gives you an excuse to roam the town at really odd hours.

Stay healthy and stay away from the sauce while your trying to recover.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    I live on a plane at times....

No catching up.

Nothing you can do.
    Sleep when you can.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Drink lots of booze :lol:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Melatonin does the trick!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    sleep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”