Tickets Released For Pearl Jam's 9/30 Missoula Concert

Comments

• Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    According to google maps, Missoula is only 10 hours away. Seriously considering taking a couple sick days and trekking over… Anyone else from Vancouver interested in a road trip? I figure if we get there @ midnight on Thursday, we MIGHT have a shot… :|
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    gotta wonder what kelly was thinking with this...of the 1,100 tickets i would bet 75% or more will go to scalpers...why weren't these sold via 10c?
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Do 1100 people live in that town? Good for them! Glad some locals get a shot. Fuck the scalpers!

scalpers will get most of these tickets at a cost of rolling people out to buy them for them....

I see this as a hot mess.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,418
    edited July 2012
    norm wrote:
    gotta wonder what kelly was thinking with this...of the 1,100 tickets i would bet 75% or more will go to scalpers...why weren't these sold via 10c?

Are there that many scalpers in Missoula?

With only a 2 ticket limit, I doubt any scalpers will travel to Missoula just for this on-sale.

Being that it is a benefit for a local politician, I can see how they'd want some locals in the crowd.
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,546
    If the in person thing was to help locals get tix then I hope it works.

Doubt it will.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    norm wrote:

This could turn some non scalpers into scalpers.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    According to google maps, Missoula is only 10 hours away. Seriously considering taking a couple sick days and trekking over… Anyone else from Vancouver interested in a road trip? I figure if we get there @ midnight on Thursday, we MIGHT have a shot… :|

A shot for.....behind stage seats. You are probably 95% joking, but save the travel money for Ebay. If you are not joking...much respect.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    norm wrote:

who knows...it just doesn't make much sense to me...i get wanting locals to go and i'm really all for it but how many locals will want to sit behind the stage? whereas, most of the peeps here would gladly take those seats...but maybe curtis et al knows better that me how the tix are selling there
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    ComeToTX wrote:
    If the in person thing was to help locals get tix then I hope it works.

Doubt it will.
    seems that way..i hope locals can sore before scalpers.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Maybe some U of Montana students would see this as an easy way to make a few bucks. Stand in line all day then put them on ebay. why not.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,418
    norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    norm wrote:

who knows...it just doesn't make much sense to me...i get wanting locals to go and i'm really all for it but how many locals will want to sit behind the stage? whereas, most of the peeps here would gladly take those seats...but maybe curtis et al knows better that me how the tix are selling there

Hopefully there are some left for the online sales.
    at the very least they should make these tix will call only or paperless...do something to eliminate scalping
    norm wrote:
    at the very least they should make these tix will call only or paperless...do something to eliminate scalping

Surprised PJ hasn't done this for all tix yet.
    norm wrote:
    good idea
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    norm wrote:
    good idea

Aren't we going around in circles here? Isn't this back to the days of long club ticket lines?

They should just start charging what the tickets are actually worth. That reduces the margin for scalpers and eliminates their need to devise new work arounds to satisfy us.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    norm wrote:
    good idea

Aren't we going around in circles here? Isn't this back to the days of long club ticket lines?

They should just start charging what the tickets are actually worth. That reduces the margin for scalpers and eliminates their need to devise new work arounds to satisfy us.

I don't like the whole raise ticket prices idea. I would hope that the vast majority of fan club tickets are not scalped so I don't want to pay more to solve a problem that may be a minor issue.

I think it would be a rare day that you can't get into a Pearl Jam concert paying face value. May not be the closest seat to the stage, but unless it is MSG you are going to get in the building for face value.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i wonder if the new CFO was involved in this decision
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :lol:
    81 wrote:
    i wonder if the new CFO was involved in this decision
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    700 of these tickets will be on craiglist and scalper sights within an hour :fp:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ComeToTX wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    norm wrote:

BINGO..COLLEGE KIDS WILL FLIP THESE IN A HEARTBEAT
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,619
    I think it's due to the fact that it's a benefit for a politician looking for support. He has to attempt to get some of his voters in there. I highly doubt a ton of scalpers are going to wait in line in Missoula for seats behind the stage, they cant mark them up enough to make it worth it. (Not like those meet and greets that are going for 100x the original price).
    Of course some will be on the 2nd market, many already are.
    I don't see this as a new 10C policy, just an isolated incident, and one that makes sense logistically for the cause. It's just no one expected that so everyone who can't get there Fri. is bummed.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if a Montanaian won the coveted 'recliner contest' either.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    81 wrote:
    what a pile of dung
    Think about the people that live there! This a HUGE deal I bet for them. Some spread around this site would have been nice though I do agree on that.

It really is a big deal for the fans in Missoula.

So many fans were at the box office waiting in line, and got turned away. Yes fans!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    It really is a big deal for the fans in Missoula.

So many fans were at the box office waiting in line, and got turned away. Yes fans!!!

that's cool! as long as the tix are going to fans then let them have 'em! :thumbup:
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    worse thing about this is.....

this isn't even Tuesday...

:lol::lol::lol:

I vote someone from here goes there from here and check each an everyone's ID in line, ask their 10c number and without it, no tickets for you! hahahaha!

Just kidding, congrats to the MT fans!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,604
    ComeToTX wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

BINGO..COLLEGE KIDS WILL FLIP THESE IN A HEARTBEAT

There probably aren't very many students on campus in July. Should mostly be townies.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    Here's what I wonder...

If you don't like that politician, would you donate money to his cause, even if you have a chance at making a personal profit?

How many (say) liberals would donate money to GWB's re-election campaign in 2004 if a conservative-valued band was playing a benefit for him?

Would conservatives buy $30 Michael Moore tickets (a $30 donation to Michael Moore) if they had a chance at flipping them for $300?

Maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic here.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    If you don't like that politician, would you donate money to his cause, even if you have a chance at making a personal profit?

How many (say) liberals would donate money to GWB's re-election campaign in 2004 if a conservative-valued band was playing a benefit for him?

Would conservatives buy $30 Michael Moore tickets (a $30 donation to Michael Moore) if they had a chance at flipping them for $300?

I think you might not know flippers too well unfortunately. There is no real "value" in it -- they just do it. I think some people even take more joy in it knowing they're screwing the other side up.

And I could even picture people saying "at least now the Tester lovers will have to pay 10x to go and I'll make $$ off of them."

I could be wrong too... just seems like that line of thinking won't deter flippers/scalpers from selling tickets.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    drsluggo wrote:

I think you might not know flippers too well unfortunately. There is no real "value" in it -- they just do it. I think some people even take more joy in it knowing they're screwing the other side up.

And I could even picture people saying "at least now the Tester lovers will have to pay 10x to go and I'll make $$ off of them."

I could be wrong too... just seems like that line of thinking won't deter flippers/scalpers from selling tickets.

Yeah. I forgot. They have no morals.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Hopefully the tickets land in the hands of the real fans and not the scalpers.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    Hopefully the tickets land in the hands of the real fans and not the scalpers.
    Steph,are u going to Missoula?