Options

hows the band sound on tour right now

robthepjfanrobthepjfan Posts: 647
edited July 2012 in The Porch
anyone been to a show yet?? band sounding tight?? from youtube clips it looks like the Berlin show was incredible..Ed sounds amazing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    just perfect...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,930
    One voice amongst thousands...but what a voice.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Like shit........ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Like shit........ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    but .TOP SHIT... ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,832
    Heard a few audience bootleg recordings from this Euro '12 tour and they sound very good. :)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Fucking fantastic. At some point in Berlin Ed was sounding hoarse when he was talking and was actually sick towards the end of the tour (he kept having to blow his nose in Copenhagen, poor Ed) but you wouldn't have known if you just listen to him sing.

Mike was on fire.

I love them so much :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Suziemay wrote:
    Fucking fantastic. At some point in Berlin Ed was sounding hoarse when he was talking and was actually sick towards the end of the tour (he kept having to blow his nose in Copenhagen, poor Ed) but you wouldn't have known if you just listen to him sing.

Mike was on fire.

I love them so much :mrgreen:

+1 :D
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Absolutely awesome! When Ed started singing "Release" at the first Manchester show, it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard in my life!!! :clap::clap: :-D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    just perfect...

There is an unbiased view.....

How about someone objective, how are they sounding?
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Pearl Jam @ Main Square Festival, Arras - 30-06-12 full concert
    you decide
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTcis_jxrbg
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    SolarWorld wrote:
    just perfect...

How about someone objective, how are they sornding?
    Dimi has been to about 30 shows now I think, this is his view. I have only seen them in 2010 & 2012 in my life, this year they sounded twice as good as last time. Never mind unbiased, they simply have sounded stunning whether your show tally was one or fifty. Shorter tours now equal better quality, take it from those who know. The whole band are sounding very energised. They should live in Europe!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    just perfect...

How about someone objective, how are they sounding?
    better than all the the previous years i saw them live..is that better?
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    awesome!
    danny d
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    Seen them in 06,09 and 12.

The guitar tones and eddies voice held up really well when i saw them in manchester this year! In 09 some of the guitar tones were ehh at the shows I attended (Melbourne + Sydney)

They sounded heaps tight as a band, I'd say tighter then the 09 gigs definitely.

Only downside probably was Eddies guitar tone weren't the best,(and he went out of tune before Immortality first night which was funny) but that's all i can think of haha.
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    They sounded excellent..

Only seen them in 06 / 07 / 10 and 12 but here's my view...

This Year was on a par with the Reading and Prague shows I saw in 06..

They seemed to be on it in terms of playing tight from show 1 which has not been the case in the last 3 tours...
    Don't get me wrong , up till now the mini tour of 09 has been my favourite but this Year they seemed to play every song (except Hitchiker!) perfectly...
    Eddie's voice was fantastic at Manchester and excellent at Amsterdam but definately sounded poorly at Berlin - however he was still singing really well.

The energy was full on as has always been the case - the main difference was in the whole Band's mood -- super happy and absolutely enjoying themselves in a more intense way. The impact of having all their families at stage side really seemed to make a huge impact on their mood - EVERYONE was having fun.

The overall sound was great -- and the variety of openers was something that made the whole 6 shows I saw a real treat.

It is hard to be objective when seeing PJ is the one place I want to be on the planet at any time but I would say that to sum up the band sounded great , they were in a great (different family type of) mood , they were on the money like in 2006 in terms of very few mistakes and playing tight , and the shows were more varied in terms of song selections (for me anyway)... And the varied part comes from the man who moaned to his wife a lot while walking out of Manchester 1 because the set was too predictable!

Hope this makes some sort of sense.. :D
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Better than ever.

The thing that got me at both Manchester shows was high good they sounded for their 1st shows of the tour. They were on fire, they were refreshed and ready to go.

Also, non-albums tours are always the best!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    PJ are like a fine wine-they just keep getting better and better as the years roll by! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Pearl Jam @ Main Square Festival, Arras - 30-06-12 full concert
    you decide
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTcis_jxrbg

NICE
    and I'm Sorry, But IS THAT STONE ***JUMPING AROUND*** ...
    right here on SHand
    (if this shit doesn't work, go to 9:40, i dunno wtf wrong with the link, its all over timewise)

WHOA.
    Stone. Really not acting the part of your namesake anymore these days?
    Yay. I was always worried that Stone has looked "bored" for about the last 5 years.
    YAYYY!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?