Options

New PJ Web Site

papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
edited June 2012 in The Porch
The announcement says, "In order to prep the new site, pearljam.com will be taken offline from Sunday, June 3rd until the site launch scheduled within a week."

Does anyone know when on Sunday? Or specifically, which time zone?

Meanwhile, I'm starting a PJ's Forum Is Down For A Fucking Week, So What Am I Supposed To Do Now? support group. All are welcome to attend. Could be a great time do a "Select Bootleg Revival" of our own.
Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The announcement says, "In order to prep the new site, pearljam.com will be taken offline from Sunday, June 3rd until the site launch scheduled within a week."

Does anyone know when on Sunday? Or specifically, which time zone?

Meanwhile, I'm starting a PJ's Forum Is Down For A Fucking Week, So What Am I Supposed To Do Now? support group. All are welcome to attend. Could be a great time do a "Select Bootleg Revival" of our own.
    at AET forum there are some option what to do..we already crass another forum yesterday.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mcrieckenmcriecken Indiana Posts: 265
    I don't understand why they have to take the site down for a week. I've been involved in web development for over 10 years and have never heard of anyone doing it this way. I've seen sites that are 10x more involved than this only go down for a couple of hours during transitions, and that's only when something goes wrong. Ah well.
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • Options
    mcriecken wrote:
    I don't understand why they have to take the site down for a week. I've been involved in web development for over 10 years and have never heard of anyone doing it this way. I've seen sites that are 10x more involved than this only go down for a couple of hours during transitions, and that's only when something goes wrong. Ah well.
    maybe the say a week to be sure and finish earlier?
    maybe the thing with cradit cards to secure?who knows
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Super CreepSuper Creep Posts: 374
    A weeks is rough.

Anyway, see you all on the other side.
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    mcriecken wrote:

It's Ten Club! That's really all you need to know. :) Nothing ever goes wrong with this site...

It'll be a good little break for all us addicts. You know you won't be missing any REAL news because the website ain't there. You'll just have to speculate to yourself about how PJ21 is happening Labor Day weekend in Wisconsin again... ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mcriecken wrote:

assuming they tested everything on a test server, it should just be a matter of copying files over. right?

maybe they are saying it could take some time to cover thier ass in case it takes longer than few hours
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    81 wrote:
    mcriecken wrote:

assuming they tested everything on a test server, it should just be a matter of copying files over. right?

maybe they are saying it could take some time to cover thier ass in case it takes longer than few hours
    Right, and they can copy the files over before they even take down the site, so it's pretty much just a flip of a switch. You always give yourself a little extra time in case something goes wrong, but a week is pretty extreme.
  • Options
    mcriecken wrote:

All I know or suspect, is that it's going to be so CUTTING EDGE, baby!
    :corn:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,841
    I Will be extremely productive at work this week
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I Will be extremely productive at work this week

Don't do it - you wouldn't want the expectations to build up.
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Homework will go quite faster this week.....
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    what ever times it opens dimi gets to be the first new poster..10c rule 824.
    dont bet money,its set up..ill not be the first 8-)
  • Options

ill be the last before site goes down
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Vacate is the word..~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options

ill be the last before site goes down

What??
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    A week is too much? give them a break...

let them have the chance to see people they haven't seen for a long time, or the sun for that matter... a few days off wouldn't hurt anybody, and 10C could use those extra days off...

Maybe they take the time to put some things together, such as AV stuff, or 2011 xmas single... who knows, maybe nothing changes, but one week off, it's not the end of the world...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options

What??
    lol