Jones Beach?

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
edited June 2012 in The Porch
I think it's possible. With all these rumors of a small tour, and all the festivals that are popping up...they have to play the NY area.
MSG is closed until the end of October. Nassau Coliseum is a dump and I'm pretty sure they don't want to go back (It took Bruce 20 years to go back). They know Newark isn't NY, I can't imagine Newark being the only NYC area date. Randall's Island and Central Park will simply not happen. A 10 show, 10c only stand at Radio City or Beacon?

That leaves Jones Beach. It's been 12 years since they played 3 shows there. They could play 5 now. If it's in September, NY will be in the 60-70 degree weather range...except its on the water.

I hope the band waits until October and opens up the re-done MSG.
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Pru or Izod are the two most likely spots, MSG isn't re-opening until late October early november.
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,440
    THE WORST VENUE!!!!!
    I've seen at least 12 shows there in my life, (including at three 2000 PJ shows) and the sound sucks.
    PLUS - no alcohol is sold at the venue.
  • mcgrawd2mcgrawd2 Posts: 33
    Barclay Center in Brooklyn is also a posibility.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    mcgrawd2 wrote:

WORST.... LOCATION.... EVER....

Good luck getting to/from. Complete disaster.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Jones Beach has booked more shows this summer than in a very long time. I think I read like 44 (didn't count myself), in basically a 4 month period. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. I'm not sure they'd have more than a day or 2 in a row to do this. So, the multiple show idea is probably out the window unless they are hanging around for a week.

I actually like this venue even with it's main drawback (no alcohol inside - though there are ways around this ;) ).

The sound is really only a problem up top. 2/3rd of the way up and down it is fine (not perfect - it is open air). But, the atmosphere is great, and if you get a nice day - beach, tailgate, show can't be beat (and the first 2 will mostly take care of the no alcohol inside part). Yes, you wind up sacrificing some on the sound, but it's still a fun time.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    mcgrawd2 wrote:

Easy ride on the N for me.

Btw Jones Beach sound is atrocious.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    mcgrawd2 wrote:

Easy ride on the N for me.

Btw Jones Beach sound is atrocious.

Ha, ha, ha. From Queens? Have you driven by the location? Good luck on a Wednesday night... Or Saturday afternoon... Or Whenever to get from the BQE to the site on those side streets. Count on an additional 45 minutes. I did it the other day going from a soccer field in Brooklyn to a soccer field on Randall's Island. The place around it is a disaster. 3-5 miles of traffic. Good luck. You have to go Kosciuszko Bridge heading south/west? :lol::lol::lol: I'm wondering if you actually live in Queens.

You are right though - those living on the main lines - easy. Visitors or anyone else? Forget it.
    Ha, ha, ha. From Queens? Have you driven by the location? Good luck on a Wednesday night... Or Saturday afternoon... Or Whenever to get from the BQE to the site on those side streets. Count on an additional 45 minutes. I did it the other day going from a soccer field in Brooklyn to a soccer field on Randall's Island. The place around it is a disaster. 3-5 miles of traffic. Good luck. You have to go Kosciuszko Bridge heading south/west? :lol::lol::lol: I'm wondering if you actually live in Queens.

You are right though - those living on the main lines - easy. Visitors or anyone else? Forget it.

I live in Queens and like I said I would take the N train instead of driving :D. 1 hr commute including walking time.
    severed hand thirteen

SVRDhand13 wrote:

I live in Queens and like I said I would take the N train instead of driving :D. 1 hr commute including walking time.

Right. But, what about folks that don't live right on a subway line? I realize that's a lot of folks. But, I'm fairly certain there are more folks that DON'T.

They are actually devising ways to get people NOT to drive. Which is crazy. Though I understand discouraging it. My favorite - the builders were going to offer free metro cards with every ticket. But, they nixed that, and politicians are pissed!!!! Reason the builder gave: No guarantee they'd be used for event and evidence shows it doesn't help increase ridership. While correct, I find this hilarious. Everyone involved knows the boondoggle. But, the Nets basically traded on poorly situated venue for another with a zip code with better cache. Personally, I'd rather go to the Meadowlands, as much as I hate that than this place. I can't see how this place is not considered a financial boondoggle within 10 years. It's best chances are definitely this summer and next when the Garden is out of commission (and they've already missed most of this summer as it's not ready).
    My hood is Queens too.
    Right. But, what about folks that don't live right on a subway line? I realize that's a lot of folks. But, I'm fairly certain there are more folks that DON'T.

They are actually devising ways to get people NOT to drive. Which is crazy. Though I understand discouraging it. My favorite - the builders were going to offer free metro cards with every ticket. But, they nixed that, and politicians are pissed!!!! Reason the builder gave: No guarantee they'd be used for event and evidence shows it doesn't help increase ridership. While correct, I find this hilarious. Everyone involved knows the boondoggle. But, the Nets basically traded on poorly situated venue for another with a zip code with better cache. Personally, I'd rather go to the Meadowlands, as much as I hate that than this place. I can't see how this place is not considered a financial boondoggle within 10 years. It's best chances are definitely this summer and next when the Garden is out of commission (and they've already missed most of this summer as it's not ready).

As a born and raised New Yorker, I can honestly say I don't give a crap about other people's travel plans :D. Did that prove I'm from Queens :lol:.

And I can't wait to see the Nets play there (and the Islanders v. Devils game in October).
    severed hand thirteen

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    JONES BEACH BLOWS ASS.....but i'll take the city dump at this point
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Governors Island?
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Jones beach blows

Horrible sound, horrible sightlines and no alcohol
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i hope they don't play jones beach, as others have said, the sound is horrible
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    mcgrawd2 wrote:

LIRR Atlantic Terminal is right across the street.. :D
    VinylGirl wrote:
    mcgrawd2 wrote:

LIRR Atlantic Terminal is right across the street.. :D

20 min from my crib :corn: :mrgreen:

and the railroad and most train lines stop across the street

also only 10 minutes from both bridges
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
    I'm not saying I want them to play Jones Beach, I'm just saying that...at this point...this seems the most logical if any NYC show happens.

IZOD will NOT happen.
    The Rock is possible but it can't be the only NY/NJ date.

The Barclays might happen but Jay is going to be the first show. Like Neily said, maybe there is a connection?

Ed begins his tour late in October and early November. There is no way they wait til end of October to play MSG...unless they pass on MSG until the new album tour 2013.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I'm not saying I want them to play Jones Beach, I'm just saying that...at this point...this seems the most logical if any NYC show happens.

IZOD will NOT happen.
    The Rock is possible but it can't be the only NY/NJ date.

The Barclays might happen but Jay is going to be the first show. Like Neily said, maybe there is a connection?

Ed begins his tour late in October and early November. There is no way they wait til end of October to play MSG...unless they pass on MSG until the new album tour 2013.

When does the Brooklyn Venue open? Isn't it the end of September? Doesn't make much sense they would leave and come back to the NE, but maybe Im wrong on that. Jones Beach does have a lot of free time both before and after the Philly gig, especially after. From September 2nd thru the 14th, they're vacant. Also August 22nd to August 29th is free
    I thought I heard on the AET radio show that they were not really interested
    in playing Long Island after what happened at Nassau Coliseum in 2003.
    Growing up in Long Island, Can't say I blame them...
    :-?
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    I like Jones Beach. Too bad they arent touring the US this year ya knuckleheads.... ;)
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    Every seat is good. Small venue.
    Dark Star wrote:
    Every seat is good. Small venue.
    is this a joke or something? Ever try sitting in the nosebleeds? Seats are horrible no matter where you sit. If a tidal wave were to hit it, I can't say I'd be sad to see it gone.

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    SPAC has better sound, is nice outdoor venue & sells beer. PJ should come back to SPAC.
    URthekey wrote:
    SPAC has better sound, is nice outdoor venue & sells beer. PJ should come back to SPAC.

to far away
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Everyone knows how i feel about JB or Long Island they will never ever play here again take that shit to the bank , and why do people think some small tour of the Northeast will happen i have no confidence in this happening this YR .......... :fp:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Everyone knows how i feel about JB or Long Island they will never ever play here again take that shit to the bank , and why do people think some small tour of the Northeast will happen i have no confidence in this happening this YR .......... :fp:
    QFT and could really careless bout the band kinda like them

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

I finally figured out who you are , nice tribute to Carter :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    They should play New Haven Coliseum.

Oops, my bad

I finally figured out who you are , nice tribute to Carter :mrgreen:
    woulda figured the name change wasn't that different from my original name, but kinda nice people can't put 2 and 2 together. :wave: