Save a Studio - Get new McCready music

GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
edited May 2012 in The Porch
Hey Gang,

I wanted to share this with you as i haven't seen it posted here yet. Mike has contributed music to this compilation along with some other amazing talents who have spent time recording at the Compound Studio in Southern California. I am in no way affiliated with the studio but have done some recording here in the past and can vouch for these folks being top notch and not the kind that would do something like this unless it was really necessary. The Compound Studio is an institution for many Socal musicians and i'd love to see them keep their doors open.

Check out the link. There are musical contributions from Mike, Marc Ford, Mike Watt and many other amazing artists who probably agree this place needs to remain open for all musicians to take advantage of.

http://thecompoundstudio.bandcamp.com/a ... efit-album

Mike plays all guitars on the new song Fall Down

Thanks,
Jeff
“I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Yep, it's a new track.

Mike McCready and Friends - Fall Down (2:58)

Thanks! :)
    Wondering if this is an "exclusive" digital download album. Would love this on silver CD.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    demetrios wrote:
    Wondering if this is an "exclusive" digital download album. Would love this on silver CD.

appears to be just a download at this point. I will inquire about a physical disc
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    http://thecompoundstudio.bandcamp.com/track/fall-down

2267082833-1.jpg

Mike McCready is one of the founding members of Pearl Jam. He's also played with Temple of the Dog, Mad Season and more. Mike has been making The Compound Studio his Southern California home for the past year or so. He and Robbie Allen are longtime friends so it was only natural that Robbie get on over and in on the session. This song is one of our many "jams" which Robbie and I took and built into a song, Robbie sang the melody, wrote some lyrics with Gerry Gomez and then we brought Lexi in to do her scream thing. ROCK.

credits
    from S​.​O​.​S. (Save Our Studio) A Benefit Album, released 29 May 2012

Mike McCready-guitars
    Robbie Allen-vocal and bass
    Lexi-vocal
    Antoine-drums
    Mike Malone-organ
    Jeff Lewis-engineer
    demetrios wrote:

appears to be just a download at this point. I will inquire about a physical disc

Thanks! :)
    I got word back from them. It's digital download for now. They are planning a kickstarter campaign to manufacture vinyl!
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Thanks for checking on that!

I'd certainly contribute to the fund for some fresh vinyl. The studio is independently run and such a cool place. It'd be tragic to see it disappear.
    Thanks for checking on that!

I'd certainly contribute to the fund for some fresh vinyl. The studio is independently run and such a cool place. It'd be tragic to see it disappear.

No problemo! :)

If they do the kickstarter thing I will help out for sure!