PJ Fan who sang Hunger Strike with CC in Nashville?

Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 790
edited June 2012 in The Porch
Are you on here?

Last night a fan went up to the stage during the Chris Cornell show in Nashville and talked to him for a bit. This was about 6 songs in. The security tried to remove him, but Chris demanded that they let him finish his question.. Long story short he jumps on stage and sings Ed's part of Hunger Strike.

He was wearing a PJ shirt which Chris pointed out and this received a nice cheer.

Chris did demand that the fan sing the song like he normaly would and not like EV.

Anyone else there?
Nashville '00
Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
Kitchener, London '05
Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
Chicago '07
Columbia '08
MSG x 2 '10;
PJ 20 x 2 '11
Atlanta '12
Wrigley '13
St. Louis, Memphis '14
Lexington '15
Wrigley '16
Wrigley x 2 '18
Nashville '22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lukins.lawyerlukins.lawyer Posts: 128
    same thing happened at hard rock in Orlando. He was actually pretty good!
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    planted fan?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • nigelknoxnigelknox Posts: 20
    I was there. The guy was terrible, and you could tell CC was trying to figure out how to gracefully make the song end. I thought it was an awesome show, and that was the low point.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I at first wondered if he was a "plant" too, especially since I had heard about the previous show. But I think this guy probably heard about the previous show and thought he would give it a try.

What I thought was kinda weird, and maybe even rude, was the guy and his three friends got up in the middle of the show and left. The guy that sang stood in the middle of the aisle waving and saluting Chris like he was saying bye. I just thought it was rude to beg to sing, get to sing a song, and then leave. But maybe he had a good reason.

The show was awesome. And Chris seems like such a nice guy.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    The guy's name was Jamie.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Some people just crave attention. There are thousands there, and for some reason people think they deserve to be on stage. What about the other thousand people, do you think they paid for you to go up on stage and potentially ruin a song? It could be a great moment for that person, but the show I went to I would have preferred to hear Chris Cornell play his live guitar version of Sunshower rather than hear some fan play it like the CD.

What a grouch I am. :D
  • pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    Some people just crave attention. There are thousands there, and for some reason people think they deserve to be on stage. What about the other thousand people, do you think they paid for you to go up on stage and potentially ruin a song? It could be a great moment for that person, but the show I went to I would have preferred to hear Chris Cornell play his live guitar version of Sunshower rather than hear some fan play it like the CD.

What a grouch I am. :D

Damn, you are on a tear tonight, my friend. But I do agree with your post on the other thread about the Youtubers having to tape everything.

BTW, it's fun being a grouch sometimes. Take it from me, a lifelong grouch.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    It was awful. Not only did the guy do his worst EV imitation after CC specifically asked him not to, but he didnt even know the words of the song that he asked to sing! Only flaw in an otherwise incredible show.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • So I was the one singing in Orlando...I wasn't planted I promise you. I think it's funny that people kept asking me that after the show but it's cool. No I've never met Chris in my life and I didn't even tell anyone what I was going to try to do at the show (except for my best friend). So I just showed up with a sign, chris saw it, gave me a thumbs up. Then he tried to talk me out of it in between songs. Like "That song is special, do you wanna sing another song? I'll let you come sing any song" But that was the only one I wanted to sing because it is a true duet. And I tried hard to not imitate eddie. BEcause let's be real, no one should do that. He is his own man, no one can do what he does. So I tried to balance that with the idea of being respectful and faithful to the original.

As for the guy in Nashville, I kind of felt guilty when I found out because now I realize I may have opened up a can of worms for Chris (like now every show someone new is gonna try to sing it). That was not my intent at all :? And actually I understand what some ppl say when they don't like fans going up onstage...I appreciate ppl pay good money for tickets and want the full experience they payed for. It's just that I felt that I could really add something special and valuable, not only for myself, family, and Chris, but for the whole audience. But I probably won't try to do that again lol, it's crossed off the bucket list now ;)
  • TonyCliftonTonyClifton Posts: 106
    I've heard on GrungeReport.net that Orlando (you) guy was awesome! Do you happen to have a boot? I'd love to hear ya duet with Cornell!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
    -Mark Twain
  • spencersingerspencersinger Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    I've heard on GrungeReport.net that Orlando (you) guy was awesome! Do you happen to have a boot? I'd love to hear ya duet with Cornell!

It's entirely possible I have audio but if i hypothetically do then I don't know how to send it to you bro sorry im new
    Post edited by spencersinger on
  • His name is Robert Paulson.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • His name is Robert Paulson.

Noted (and already punched self in face ;)