Options

Please help with suggestions for PJ White Album Compilation

ED477ED477 Posts: 134
edited April 2012 in The Porch
My favorite album has always been No Code. To me, it was the closest thing to a Pearl Jam version of the Beatle’s White Album.
Lately, with all of their “projects” going on, and tracks like “Ole” and other b-side through the years, I’ve though about compiling my own Pearl Jam “White Album”. It’s just that I know there has been so much out there for me to keep up with, therefore, I am asking for help.

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
The Beatle’s “White Album” was written and recorded during a period of turmoil for the group, with some of the tracks being "solo" recordings, others tracks being recorded by less than the full group (some with guests like Eric Clapton on While My Guitar…), and each individual member beginning to explore their own talent

With this said, what tracks do you think would fit this compilation? Should it also include Whale Song? Powerless or Shame On You? Croon Spoon? Should they all be tracks from the 2000’s till now? Where do I draw the line? Does a band member need to sing vocals on the track to be included? Do we allow for cover songs?

Please include as much info on the tracks you suggest so that I may located them, such as year, album, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and for giving me your suggestions!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I always felt "Vitalogy" was more of PJ's "White Album".
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    Vitalogy...I can see that. Good point!