Options

Life Wasted in the grocery...

papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
edited April 2012 in The Porch
So, I'm in the cereal aisle at the local grocery store at I'm hearing a familiar melody...

Hey, that's Life Wasted!

Not sure what the source of the audio was from but it sure made shopping a lot more fun!
:D
Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    Haha that's awesome! If I was in charge of music at a work place, I would be playing Pearl Jam all the time!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I would have considered that as a hint of leaving the cereal aisle, but funny anecdote... the other day someone heard Ole on a guitar shop, that was fun too...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    I know I have heard Just Breathe at multiple locations. More so when it first came out, but I heard it at gas station just a week ago. Not a BP/Amico.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    When I was at the fruit market last week they had a TV on the wall and Jeremy was playing on the music channel when I was paying for my shopping. :)
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    I heard The Fixer in Kohls once. Pretty cool
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    what did u buy?

i kid .i kid.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    I am waiting to hear "Lost in the Supermarket" by The Clash when I go shopping...it could happen!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am waiting to hear "Lost in the Supermarket" by The Clash when I go shopping...it could happen!
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,539
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Ha, that is a great song!
  • Options
    FrankSFrankS Posts: 273
    BrainOfMA wrote:

I work at a Kohl's and unfortunately they play The Fixer once for every 50 Taylor Swift songs and 75 Bruno Mars songs and I think you get my point lol
    8/23/2009[Chicago], 5/07/2010[Noblesville], 9/3/2011 [PJ20], 9/4/2011 [PJ20], 7/19/2013 [Chicago], 10/17/2014 [Moline], 8/22/2016 [Chicago], 8/18/2018 [Chicago], 8/20/2018 [Chicago]; 9/5/2023 [Chicago]; 9/7/2023 [Chicago]
  • Options
    I heard "Black" on Sirius radio last week while I was eating lunch in a local cafe.
    Once the song started, I drifted out of the table conversation. One of my friends asked me what the smile was about.
    "Just eat, and enjoy the music."
    "Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere..."

• Options
    beachbelle wrote:
    I heard "Black" on Sirius radio last week while I was eating lunch in a local cafe.
    Once the song started, I drifted out of the table conversation. One of my friends asked me what the smile was about.
    "Just eat, and enjoy the music."
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    So, I'm in the cereal aisle at the local grocery store at I'm hearing a familiar melody...

Hey, that's Life Wasted!

Not sure what the source of the audio was from but it sure made shopping a lot more fun!
    Don't that make you smile!

love it when it happens! it's like a funny feeling :D
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Hey, that's Life Wasted!

Don't that make you smile!

love it when it happens! it's like a funny feeling :D

Oh, yeah. Kind of like when I used to climb the rope in gym class! ;)
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    edited March 2012
    I heard life wasted once in the grocery...struck a nerve about how much of my life I had indeed wasted - I started smashing jars of jam in the aisle and then headed for the exit. I literally had one foot out the door when the fixer came on - it was like instant paralysis - I headed for the maintenance closet, grabbed a mop, and cleaned up the mess I had made. I now wear ear plugs when grocery shopping. I do get strange looks, but it's necessary.
    Post edited by Rossum20 on
  • Options
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I heard life wasted once in the grocery...struck a nerve about how much of my life I had indeed wasted - I started smashing jars of jam in the aisle and then headed for the exit. I literally had one foot out the door when the fixer came on - it was like instant paralysis - I headed for the maintenance closet, grabbed a mop, and cleaned up the mess I had made. I now where ear plugs when grocery shopping. I do get strange looks, but it's necessary.

That's a great story.

I believe everything except the part about grabbing a mop.
  • Options
    foresterforester Posts: 90
    Heard Lukin while searching for some hiking boots at a local supplier, in a relatively small town in VA. Nice surprise. They must have a serious PJ fan working there, making their playlist.
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    FrankS wrote:
    BrainOfMA wrote:

I work at a Kohl's and unfortunately they play The Fixer once for every 50 Taylor
    Swift songs and 75 Bruno Mars songs and I think you get my point lol
    yeah that was only once I heard it, the rest are pretty annoying lol
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    FrankSFrankS Posts: 273
    BrainOfMA wrote:
    FrankS wrote:
    BrainOfMA wrote:

I work at a Kohl's and unfortunately they play The Fixer once for every 50 Taylor
    Swift songs and 75 Bruno Mars songs and I think you get my point lol
    yeah that was only once I heard it, the rest are pretty annoying lol

You're telling me, I HAVE to hear them lol. From anywhere from 4 to 9 hours in a row
    8/23/2009[Chicago], 5/07/2010[Noblesville], 9/3/2011 [PJ20], 9/4/2011 [PJ20], 7/19/2013 [Chicago], 10/17/2014 [Moline], 8/22/2016 [Chicago], 8/18/2018 [Chicago], 8/20/2018 [Chicago]; 9/5/2023 [Chicago]; 9/7/2023 [Chicago]
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    LOL! I have heard Pearl Jam several times at the Meijer near me!! I love it!! Also, watched the movie 50/50 last night and in the ending credits was Pearl Jam. My husband looked at me and said this is why you rented this isn't it, hahaha! :D
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    We heard Jeremy playing in the restaurant when we went out to eat on Saturday night. Never heard them in the grocery store though, but it does feel like a life wasted at the grocery store, I usually try to get them over with as quickly as possible.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    CropsmokerCropsmoker Posts: 209
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I heard life wasted once in the grocery...struck a nerve about how much of my life I had indeed wasted - I started smashing jars of jam in the aisle and then headed for the exit. I literally had one foot out the door when the fixer came on - it was like instant paralysis - I headed for the maintenance closet, grabbed a mop, and cleaned up the mess I had made. I now wear ear plugs when grocery shopping. I do get strange looks, but it's necessary.

dude...i'll give ya $50 for the movie rights! ;):mrgreen:
    "Music's at its best when it has a purpose." EV