not to beat a dead horse...

youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
edited October 2011 in The Porch
but I'd be willing to bet that the same people who complained about not being able to afford the deluxe bluray/dvd would have dropped AT LEAST $200 on tickets had PJ announced a surprise tour the same day the movie went on sale. Don't bitch because $70 is too much for a bluray but $196 for a pair of tix in the balcony of any US arena to see PJ play live is totally justified. Your priorities are set. Get over it.
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited October 2011
    I agree. blame myself on this: I've dropped 100's of dollars on concerts that last 2-3 hours . I do it, cause I love going to them. I didn't have 70 bucks to drop on the dvd, (do now), but it's my fault. I hope they release more. Talked to 10c this afternoon, and they said, "they weren't sure", if there were going to be anymore copies. But they said to just keep checking the website for good updates, cause if there are more, we would find out here.

I messed up. should have bought it last Friday.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    Swear to god-- I was thinking the EXACT same thing 15 minutes ago!!

When the Deluxe Bluray went on sale, the ONLY talk of it here was a thread bitching about the cost. It went on for pages and pages. I haven't checked it lately but when I was watching it, no one really said "shit, I don't get paid for a while, I hope it doesn't sell out".

whole 'nother story round here right now!
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266

When the Deluxe Bluray went on sale, the ONLY talk of it here was a thread bitching about the cost. It went on for pages and pages. I haven't checked it lately but when I was watching it, no one really said "shit, I don't get paid for a while, I hope it doesn't sell out".

I agree 100%. All I saw for 3 days straight was bitching, bitching about how much the Blu Ray costs and people refused to buy it. And it wasn't just 1 thread there were probably 20 threads on the same topic. Typical message board bitching. Now that it is sold out everyone wants it and the cost is not an issue now. Funny how that works...
  • i think you are right..

but i think the problem is that everyone here was expecting a discount a little bigger at least.. anyway..
  • I'd sell my extremely rare hard to find unopened dvd or bluray set in a new york minute for a concert ticket!

I have a gently used mother in great condition too :lol:
    j/k mom :D
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    PhillyPJ wrote:

I agree 100%. All I saw for 3 days straight was bitching, bitching about how much the Blu Ray costs and people refused to buy it. And it wasn't just 1 thread there were probably 20 threads on the same topic. Typical message board bitching. Now that it is sold out everyone wants it and the cost is not an issue now. Funny how that works...

I said it in that other thread and I'll say it again here. Allllllllll the bitching and complaining is really the perfect excuse for people to illegally download it. "It's too expensive", "It was sold out"....

I'll just hit a little bit torrent...
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    youngster wrote:
    Don't bitch because $70 is too much for a bluray but $196 for a pair of tix in the balcony of any US arena to see PJ play live is totally justified. Your priorities are set. Get over it.

I dont think $70 is too much thought it would be worth every cent...
    I drooled over the Deluxe Ten Box set for weeks when it arrived it was so beautiful..

BUT if you dont have $70 buck at the time,.. it sucks!
    I wish I had borrowed the money from someone...
    Somehow I misread and didnt see the limited ed for the DVD only the Blu ray which I thought was weird
    but must be cos they are dearer to make and less ppl would want them..
  • xsmytxxsmytx Posts: 162
    its well worth the money..i honestly don't understand the bitching..this is a must have for everyone thats a member of 10c..its your favorite band,a doc of the bands life to date! unless you didnt have the cash at the time to get it,which probably went thru everyones mind, its your own fault! its expensive! but whoever waited to purchase it, I bet searched the web to "hold off" n try/wait to find it for a cheaper price, which is understandable,but its not the price/the bands/10c fault that you waited..its YOUR fault!
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    xsmytx wrote:
    its well worth the money..i honestly don't understand the bitching..this is a must have for everyone thats a member of 10c..its your favorite band,a doc of the bands life to date! unless you didnt have the cash at the time to get it,which probably went thru everyones mind, its your own fault! its expensive! but whoever waited to purchase it, I bet searched the web to "hold off" n try/wait to find it for a cheaper price, which is understandable,but its not the price/the bands/10c fault that you waited..its YOUR fault!

Like all the other posts in this thread, this is completey wrong. I was not scrolling to find it for a cheaper price. I was not going to illegally download it. I was waiting until I had the dough. Others said they were waiting for a better description of what was on it, especially if they were going to pay such a ridiculous price for it. All of which is very reasonable.

What is not reasonable is a band that is "all about the fans" selling something at a astronomical price that most fans would want. I can't wait to see what the next new studio cd is going to cost: $40-$50? That's the equivalent of what they were selling the movie for.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    xsmytx wrote:

Respectfully, $70 is a lot of money to some people, regardless of how passionate they are about the band's music. Feeling left out is a natural thing. We've all felt left out at one point or another.

I feel bad that the answer they are getting right now is that the deluxe version of the movie is sold out and won't be back in stock. I hope it does get replenished for them so they have a chance to get in on it.

It's all very understandable. "Fault" is not the correct word here.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited October 2011
    HeavyHands wrote:
    xsmytx wrote:

Respectfully, $70 is a lot of money to some people, regardless of how passionate they are about the band's music. Feeling left out is a natural thing. We've all felt left out at one point or another.

I feel bad that the answer they are getting right now is that the deluxe version of the movie is sold out and won't be back in stock. I hope it does get replenished for them so they have a chance to get in on it.

It's all very understandable. "Fault" is not the correct word here.
    well said. I'm not bitching about the price, I just clearly didn't have the 70 bucks at the time, now that I do, they are gone. It sucks, but That's the hand of cards I was dealt in this situation. I honestly think they will release another pressing of copies down the road. They are doing reissues with all the vinyls, with the sony/ epic re- releases, but we will see what happens. At least I can still get the theater version, which is better than nothing at all.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    xsmytx wrote:
    this is a must have for everyone thats a member of 10c..its your favorite band,a doc of the bands life to date! unless you didnt have the cash at the time to get it,

This is why I dont undertand why its limited ed.... So were there less printed than what there are fan club members?