Options

Singles (1992 Film)

iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,538
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Anybody know anything about this movie? If its good or not? Directed by Cameron Crowe and the soundtrack contains songs by most of the 90s bands - AIC, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, PJ, Smashing Pumpkins, etc... Actually hadn't heard of this movie, was Breath and SOLAT first released for this movie or were they out previously??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    really?
  • Options
    :shock: :shock:

The soundtrack is practically legendary, and Chris Cornell, Eddie, Stone and Jeff all have acting roles. It was a big deal in the grunge movement and is somewhat documented in PJ20
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    It's awesome!!!! I've been quoting it for years :D LOL

Well, actually it's just a romantic comedy or something like that, but it's TOTALLY worth it, even if you don't care for the story, the soundtrack is AMAZING! GO WATCH IT NOW!!! :D

I completely ADORE it!!! :thumbup:
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • Options
    It's a great movie about love and relationships amongst a group of friends in Seattle in the early 1990's. It's pretty good. I like most of Cameron Crowe's movies like Jerry Maguire and Almost Famous and Say Anything. Singles is just as good as any of these if not better.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    well looks like I'm an idiot :lol: Sorry, I didn't know anything about it. Pretend I didn't say anything :oops:
  • Options
    I will have to check it out first thing now..
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    wow..thought you were joking at first...i always thought most people had heard of it...especially PJ fans. SOLAT & Breath!...Alice in Chains rockin' out on stage!!...you're in for a treat...excellent Movie too...Gotta watch Crowes other excellent movie as well: ALMOST FAMOUS
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    NoleeNolee Saskatchewan, Canada Posts: 66
    it's all about the spam :twisted:
    ~ Gimli, MB "Mudfest" 1993
    ~ Edmonton, AB 2005
    ~ Winnipeg, MB 2011
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    well looks like I'm an idiot :lol: Sorry, I didn't know anything about it. Pretend I didn't say anything :oops:

You're not an idiot. You didn't know and now you do. It's a good movie. I've seen it dozens of times! :thumbup:
  • Options
    PerryKPerryK Posts: 5
    All I have to say is Citizen Dick and their album "Touch Me, I'm Dick" rock.
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    We landed on the moon!
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    abhijeetabhijeet Posts: 303
    The movie is mediocre, I thought. The soundtrack is, of course, legendary and rightly so. SOLAT and Breath are both on the rearviewmirror compilation if you only care about the Pearl Jam contributions. I've also always been partial to Soundgarden's Birth Ritual, which finally made it to their Telephantasm compilation last year but wasn't on any other album till then.
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    PerryK wrote:
    All I have to say is Citizen Dick and their album "Touch Me, I'm Dick" rock.

Best part of the movie is when Matt Dillon is doing the interview...about the song..Touch Me, I'm Dick...rofl. Oh and then Eddie reading the review in the paper at the cafe! Freaking LOVE THIS MOVIE! Great music, great story!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I love this movie, too. In a way I envy you cause you will see it for the first time now, and I know it already :D

Go watch it and have a good time.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Leeze wrote:
    In a way I envy you cause you will see it for the first time now, and I know it already :D

Go watch it and have a good time.

+1
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Anybody know anything about this movie? If its good or not? Directed by Cameron Crowe and the soundtrack contains songs by most of the 90s bands - AIC, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, PJ, Smashing Pumpkins, etc... Actually hadn't heard of this movie, was Breath and SOLAT first released for this movie or were they out previously??

You are being Sarcastic.......Right?