Options

When will PJ appear on The Daily Show, or Colbert?

dwhiskeyddwhiskeyd Posts: 25
edited September 2011 in The Porch
Seems like both shows are a great place to get a solid interview, talk politics, promote PJ20 and get to play and party in NYC. Its a win-win for everyone.

Radiohead was on Colbert on Monday night and it was amazing (if you are into Radiohead). Plus they were given a huge timeslot to play 3 songs live. The whole time I was watching I kept saying to myself "When the fuck is PJ gonna do this?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw Radiohead on Colbert. :)
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Honestly I can't see PJ playing Colbert, personally I think he's hilarious but I dont think it'll happen. Daily Show maybe, but I don't often see musical guests on there playing so maybe just an interview. I admit I don't watch it religiously so maybe he does have bands play. Does he? :?
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I do not want PJ to do Colbert. I find Colbert entertaining in small doses but you can barely get a good conversation going. I'd be happier with PJ on the Daily Show! Love Jon Stewart.

But really, if you're reading this Pearl Jam, do whatever the fuck you want :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I do not want PJ to do Colbert. I find Colbert entertaining in small doses but you can barely get a good conversation going. I'd be happier with PJ on the Daily Show! Love Jon Stewart.

But really, if you're reading this Pearl Jam, do whatever the fuck you want :mrgreen:

Yeah, I think Ed would just clam up with Colbert interviewing him, he overtakes pretty much every conversation. Stone...now that would be another story :lol: I would love to see that.

But, yes please PJ do whatever the heck you want...be it Colbert, Jon Stewart, Letterman, Fallon, SNL, all of the above. I know it's silly but I'm looking forward to Fallon tomorrow night just to see Mother. We've gone so long with constant PJ stimulation with PJ20 -- the soundtrack, the movie, the festival, concerts to go to, setlists to watch...it's been a depressing week with nothin much going on. After the SA tour how are we going to survive the winter!!! :o:o:o
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Tangerine wrote:
    After the SA tour how are we going to survive the winter!!! :o:o:o

I'm planning on hibernating until they announce the 2012 North America Tour :D
  • Options
    does daily show even have music guests to play? i saw the guy on ratm on that the other day, but i didnt know they had bands on it play? colbert is a goof imo, letterman is the best they should play on letterman more, jimmy kimmel is ok he has the outdoor stage that holds people not sure pj likes him though
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Tangerine wrote:

i will pray for a 20 night home stand in las vegas, they can play mgm 20 nights, hotels are cheap most people from the south or west coast will be happy :lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Tangerine wrote:

Same here :cry: After I re-watch PJ20 with the extra footage on the 10C deluxe DVD, catch up on the YouTube vids from the post Alpine shows, re-watch my own PJ20 vids and order my 2011 bootlegs that is. We're so spoiled :)
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I don't watch Colbert all the time, but when I do I enjoy it. He's a very witty and funny man and I enjoy his interviews. I'd love to see him interview Eddie/PJ.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    I love both the Daily Show and Colbert, but I don't see PJ or any member doing it.

The only chance they'd have is on Real Time with Bill Maher....where people can think, speak and discuss.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    mca47 wrote:
    The only chance they'd have is on Real Time with Bill Maher....where people can think, speak and discuss.

Bill Maher doesn't have musical guests on his show. But Eddie as a guest on his panel would be like a wet dream! I don't know if it'll happen, but Ed did go on Charlie Rose' show, so I guess it's possible.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    mca47 wrote:

Bill Maher doesn't have musical guests on his show. But Eddie as a guest on his panel would be like a wet dream! I don't know if it'll happen, but Ed did go on Charlie Rose' show, so I guess it's possible.

Yeah, I don't see Bill having a band on, but I know for a fact if he could land Ed he'd have to give him a half-show.
    He had Billy-whatever hisnameis from Green Day for a half show guest. I'm almost certain he'd give him half a show+.
  • Options
    I'd almost expect PJ to do Howard Stern before they'd do Colbert.