Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    igotid88 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Here is a classy Ranger fan at their best classless idiot!
    https://youtu.be/t6N2JvBQ_Xc
    Hoping Rangers go to seven and loose in overtime in the last seconds just to really demoralize their fans! 
    Arrested.  https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/rangers-fan-arrested-for-brutal-sucker-punch-of-tampa-fan-after-game-5-loss/3729041/

Are you an Isles guy?
    Does it matter? Yes I’m an islander fan 
    Well you're dogging Rangers fan so I figured there must be something there.  The only fans I don't like are Flyers fans. 
    Anyone who assaults another fan even if it’s an Islander fan I want the book thrown at them and banned from Arena permanently! 
    Yea but you wouldn't want to demoralize Isles fans if it was one of them who did the same is what he was getting at
    Ok point taken! Just that fan lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    People are such morons.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Sabres are retiring Ryan Miller's number 30 next season.

Extremely low bar for such an honor.  Christ almighty
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    MayDay10 said:

I'm guessing it's because he has the most wins in the Sabres career
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited June 2022
    igotid88 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Wins now are an oversaturated stat for teams and goalies.  He played his entire career starting the moment they abolished ties and instituted the shootout.  
    Also, the Sabres are a relative black hole for goalies historically other than Hasek.  

Basically, Miller won a Vezina and Olympic silver in 1 really elite season.  He had 2 decent playoff runs that neither resulted in a cup nor a wales trophy.  Other than that, he was an above average goalie.  He also had a knack for letting in really soft goals in critical situations.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Tampa vs Colorado 
    should be a good series I have no rooting interest at all just want good clean hockey! 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    Tampa vs Colorado 
    should be a good series I have no rooting interest at all just want good clean hockey! 
    For sure….probably the two best teams….even though it’s not the Final I would have liked to see. I’ll root for the Avs but would have rather seen a Canadian team get through.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Wobbie said:
    Tampa vs Colorado 
    For sure….probably the two best teams….even though it’s not the Final I would have liked to see. I’ll root for the Avs but would have rather seen a Canadian team get through.

Nice run for the Rangers but glad they lost. I have no preference to who wins but TB has won the last two, so kinda rooting for the Avs.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Wobbie said:
    Tampa vs Colorado 

Nice run for the Rangers but glad they lost. I have no preference to who wins but TB has won the last two, so kinda rooting for the Avs.
    You should root for the Lightning and history.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Go Avs.  Tampa is impressive but Avs have been shitkicking people all year.  
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    This should be a great series! The Avs who have the ability to score at will vs The Lightning who just seem to know how to make the right adjustments (and aren't terrible offensively). Goaltending just might be the deciding factor here. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Tampa vs Colorado 

Nah, we need that Isles streak of 19 consecutive series in sports to last forever!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Tampa vs Colorado 

Nah, we need that Isles streak of 19 consecutive series in sports to last forever!
    👍 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Tampa vs Colorado 

It might.  With salary caps,  that seems untouchable. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Wins now are an oversaturated stat for teams and goalies.  He played his entire career starting the moment they abolished ties and instituted the shootout.  
    Also, the Sabres are a relative black hole for goalies historically other than Hasek.  

Basically, Miller won a Vezina and Olympic silver in 1 really elite season.  He had 2 decent playoff runs that neither resulted in a cup nor a wales trophy.  Other than that, he was an above average goalie.  He also had a knack for letting in really soft goals in critical situations.
    I still remember the '06 run when the sabres basically lost because of that idiotic puck over the glass penalty. 

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Tampa vs Colorado 

might not have been 19 if Leon Stickle didn't have the worse non-call in the history of sports.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    mrussel1 said:
    He's lucky he didn't get more.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I thought for sure the victim was seriously hurt the way he hit the floor! He’s a lucky man 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    He should.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    He should.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Tampa vs Colorado 

might not have been 19 if Leon Stickle didn't have the worse non-call in the history of sports.

A horrible break indeed, but that team always got it done when it mattered, until the 19 series wore them down in 84. We’ll never know if they were behind by a goal that game if they still go into that defensive shell, or if losing a game seven would have been a definite loss.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    He should.

Rule number one, never ever wear road merch at the garden, ESPECIALLY after a rangers loss. Once after an isles win at the garden, I almost got clubbed by a petite redhead lass. Wish I was kidding. In this case they showed class and did the right thing for the Tampa fan
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    He should.

Rule number one, never ever wear road merch at the garden, ESPECIALLY after a rangers loss. Once after an isles win at the garden, I almost got clubbed by a petite redhead lass. Wish I was kidding. In this case they showed class and did the right thing for the Tampa fan
    We've seen flyers fans destroy ranger fans for the same thing.
    Also fucking idiotic & barbaric.
    These people should be voted off the planet. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    that was good. I could have sworn the Avs were gonna choke.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Game one was very good.  I have no pony in this race but love seeing 7 goals. Can someone explain why there are three days between games?  NBA finals?
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    Wobbie said:
    that was good. I could have sworn the Avs were gonna choke.
    When it was 3-1, I was saying that the Lightning looked outmatched and would need to make some serious adjustments... And then they scored 2 goals and tied the game (we had to head to bed before the 3rd period). Both of these teams are just so good, I don't think losing that game would be considered a "choke".

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    Get_Right said:
    Game one was very good.  I have no pony in this race but love seeing 7 goals. Can someone explain why there are three days between games?  NBA finals?
    Wanted game on Saturday night.  NBA would be Sunday night if Game 7 is necessary.  Not a fan of the extra day but don't mind the Saturday night instead of Friday night game.  
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    pjhawks said:
    Get_Right said:
    Wanted game on Saturday night.  NBA would be Sunday night if Game 7 is necessary.  Not a fan of the extra day but don't mind the Saturday night instead of Friday night game.  

There must be a stat that says ratings are better on Saturday nights. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    mrussel1 said:
    He should.

F that.  Wear what you want but you shouldn't antagonize people.  That is just dumb.