Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Leafs advance
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    6 or 7
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    of course the leafs should advance…but there is also a real possibly that they don’t…there is no pressure on Montreal…no one thought they’d win 2 games.  Toronto on the other hand was heavily favoured and the pressure on them to advance are enormous…and to boot…Toronto with all that talent has done zilch in the previous 5 years.

I just want Montreal to continue to hit them…if nothing else where them out for Jets.  

I’m just so glad chucky coughed up the puck in OT.  That’s what he does best.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Canes moving on :)
    Also, what bs putting a playoff game start at 9pm on the east coast... 2nd best record in the league (right?) and it's still like southern hockey doesn't exist 
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    a5pj said:
    Also, what bs putting a playoff game start at 9pm on the east coast... 2nd best record in the league (right?) and it's still like southern hockey doesn't exist 
    the triple fucking overtime game that the jets locked up the series started at 8:45. I had to go to bed at end of OT 2 as it was I think 12:30 already. of all the games to go to triple OT. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    a5pj said:

Agree that it is dumb.

I'm a Kings fan who moved east.  Imagine 10:35 starts in the playoffs...and then OT. 
    I obviously want them to be in the playoffs but my sleep schedule hates me when they are in.
  • Options
    Leafs need to get their heads from their asses.  

• Options
    Montreal v Toronto game 7 coming up…

Toronto will be feeling the pressure…lose and that’s 6 straight playoffs without advancing…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Tough loss last night bruins have more fire power than Islanders Barzal is just not able to finish any of his runs, if all we can score is two goals against a team like bruins this won’t be a long series! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Bruins have ridiculous top two lines.

Leafs - what a debacle that lead to those goals in the 3rd.  They really do play horrid defense and losing Muzzin was big to have to try and play poor defense down a guy

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Was awesome to see that full house in Boston last night.  That place was rocking!  Playoff hockey crowds are the best.
  • Options
    Bruins have ridiculous top two lines.

Leafs - what a debacle that lead to those goals in the 3rd.  They really do play horrid defense and losing Muzzin was big to have to try and play poor defense down a guy

If it wasn’t for Campbell…Toronto would have been out of it but the 3rd.  Price stole the OT.  The decision by the coach to challenge Montreal’s goal was such Toronto move…no way he was winning that challenge.  

Montreal is not playing game 7 by accident … they adjusted nicely in game 5 and 6 by taking away the neutral zone.  The neutral zone trap is hard to break out of…Toronto needs to figure a way.  Toronto needs to quit coughing up the puck, especially in OT.  Anytime a team has Price in the net in an elimination game is a great thing.  I like Montreal’s chances with Price in goal.  It’s game 7, anything can happen.

The pressure is all on Toronto now…Montreal should be loose  Monday.  Win or lose I feel good about Montreal…they are being led by 2 20 olds and a 21 year old…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Agree, Campbell was wobbly a bit in the first ten minutes of the game but he didn't let any of those high quality chances in the net.
  • Options
    Both goalies were great.  Nothing gets better than a game 7 between Toronto and Montreal…fans like me have waited a long time to see this series…hopefully game 7 lives up to the hype.

The fans are the real winners here…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    Lightning
  • Options
    The Avs look great.  They had a 9 minute power play in the 3rd, I’ve never seen a 9 minute power play…lol.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The Avs look great.  They had a 9 minute power play in the 3rd, I’ve never seen a 9 minute power play…lol.
    Can someone tell me why Fleury didn't start? That soft back hand goal to open the scoring was terrible.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Can someone tell me why Fleury didn't start? That soft back hand goal to open the scoring was terrible.  
    I think it was because he played 7 games in the last series, however, that seems odd.  I’ve never seen before.

I suspect whoever wins the Toronto v Montreal game 7 will start games in round 2.  

Cale Makar is a fantastic d man…this bolds well for our 2022 olympic team.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jake Muzzin is out at least 3 weeks…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Game 2 tonight interesting to see what if any adjustments are made by Trots..
  • Options
    Punch Marchand in the face.  That would be adjustment 1
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    mrussel1 said:

they were shopping Fluery before the season, then decided they might need him with the compressed schedule. duh. Lehner flops on the ice like a fish. constantly out of position.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    mrussel1 said:
    Punch Marchand in the face.  That would be adjustment 1

I whole-heartedly approve of this “adjustment.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Carey, Carey, Carey.  Price is 1st nations from a fly in reserve in BC.  A grave was uncovered in those horrific residential schools in Kamloops BC…I have no doubt in my mind he played for those children…Thank you Carey.  You are truly the greatest goalie in the world.

Toronto was going nowhere with Thornton and Chucky…

Marner and Mathews are soft…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Fuck yeah.  Go Isles. They really took the body to Boston starting in the 2nd.
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

LOL.  The fact that Toronto employed this meathead says it all.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Petry had more goals on Price this series than Marner and Matthews combined!
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Petry had more goals on Price this series than Marner and Matthews combined!
    So true.  Marner and Mathews count 20 million on the cap and are 0-7 in elimination games…

The Jets should win…but Price can be the equalizer…whoever wins gets the task of playing the Col. or LV. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Fuck yeah.  Go Isles. They really took the body to Boston starting in the 2nd.
    What a game! Barzal played better but not scoring Thursday will be loud here at home great series so far..