Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Could happen. Matthews was within reasonable distance this year.  
    The seasons are not fifty games, though, are you thinking over a single stretch in a season?

People don't grow crazy beards In a week, unless they are related to sasquatch.  Lol.  As far as I knowamy players still do the goofy playoff beard thing.  

I couldn't believe that flurry of goals Jarry let in.  He shit the bed big time but it was great to see the Fisherman beat the Pens.  I thought the Pens might make a cup run with all of that veteran talent but the goalie shit out.  The Isles have some good players and two good goalies.  Could ride a hot hand and make some waves.
    Last 2 years were messed up but when they go back to the 82 game season can someone score 50 in 50?  Hasn't been done since Hull.  It was something while growing up I was in awe with having Gretzky, Lemieux and Hull all do it.

This guy Matthews can possibly do it?  I thought Ovechkin would have a chance in his early years but goal scoring isn't like it used to be.
    These last 2 seasons should have asterisks next to them…

if Ovie played in the North he might have had 50 in 50 this season…The North division is bad…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    SeaBass was awesome, loved Neely.
    Cam Neely was awesome…too bad injuries slowed him down.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    Great win last night for my Islanders Boston will be a tough test, if Barzal could just find the net and contribute more we’d be more dangerous he’s fast and fancy with stick work but not enough goals for my taste specially in Playoffs and yes hockey playoffs are the best of any sport! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    So I haven't noticed any crazy beards yet and it's been a good week now.  Do hockey players not do the "no shave" playoff thing anymore?  This is the first year in a long time that I am excited about the Islanders so I am finally watching.  I went to my first game in forever 2 years ago and got to watch Barzal, man was he fast.  I'm slowly coming back.

Question?

Will anyone ever score 50 goals in 50 games again?  Is that even possible?

Go Isles.  Taking out the juggernaut Pens!
    The last player to score 50 goals in 50 games was Cam Neely…93/94.

If Ovie has not done it, then I do not see it getting done…
    Cam Neely did not do it the traditional way so I don't count him.  If you do then a few other players did it also.

So the traditional way...
  • Options

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Heck yeah!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847

Pretty sweet shirt, bootleg though right?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,812

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

Fuck Ulf Samuelsson
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
  • Options
    a5pj said:

Pretty sweet shirt, bootleg though right?
    Yeah I friend of mine made it she couldn’t put the blue & orange on it, she’s afraid of copy rights violation but I don’t mind the black on white look..
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    i'd like someone to do the jets logo in PJ format with this one:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I like that one.  I'm glad the Jets are looking solid, but it sucks that there's no fans.  I love their white outs.  I'm just disappointed they stole it from Colorado............................
  • Options
    we were doing the white out before Colorado had a team
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yeah I know.. just ribbin you.  I still hate the Avs from the Claude Lemiuex days when he cheap shotted Draper.  I hate his son too. 
  • Options
    So I haven't noticed any crazy beards yet and it's been a good week now.  Do hockey players not do the "no shave" playoff thing anymore?  This is the first year in a long time that I am excited about the Islanders so I am finally watching.  I went to my first game in forever 2 years ago and got to watch Barzal, man was he fast.  I'm slowly coming back.

Question?

Cam Neely did not do it the traditional way so I don't count him.  If you do then a few other players did it also.

Yes, a few other players like Cam did not do it the traditional way...I still very much consider them part of the 50/50 club...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Fuck Ulf Samuelsson
    I never like ulf...agreed...he was a dirty player.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah I know.. just ribbin you.  I still hate the Avs from the Claude Lemiuex days when he cheap shotted Draper.  I hate his son too. 
    that place would have exploded when Kyle Connor scored the series winner. after all those years of Edmonton sweeping us in the first round. was a really nice revenge all those years later. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Question?

Yes, a few other players like Cam did not do it the traditional way...I still very much consider them part of the 50/50 club...
    Was it Neely or Iafrate with the fastest slap shot?  I remember one of them being nasty.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Big Al

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Question?

Was it Neely or Iafrate with the fastest slap shot?  I remember one of them being nasty.
    Iafrate.  But didn't Al MaCinnis have biggest stick?  I read on power plays he consistently dialed back his slapper because he did not want to injure people.  
  • Options

Question?

I’m not sure about Cam.  Was he not more of power forward … scored a lot of dirty goals.  The hardest shot In my time has to be Al Mccannis…he regularly topped 100 mph on his shot using wooden sticks…won the hardest shot comp at the nhl all star game regularly..

Al Iaffrate…I. Not sure about?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Iafrate had the hardest slap shot for a long time, Zdeno Chara topped it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Question?

Iafrate.  But didn't Al MaCinnis have biggest stick?  I read on power plays he consistently dialed back his slapper because he did not want to injure people.  
    McInniss!!!!!  That's the other one I remember.  Ray Bourqe was good too.  He was my all time favorite.  Had a canon and it was accurate.
    Stanley cup championship?  40YO?  Loved him.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    Oh, and fuck the Golden Trump Showers.

just cuz your Queens suck?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Wobbie said:

Ohhh Wobbie.  My queens have won two Cups recently.  I am ok with a rebuild - with the best rated farm pool they could be back soon.  Never know how those prospects pan out so they could drop off but there is a lot to be excited about for the Kings fans right now.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Ohhh Wobbie.  My queens have won two Cups recently.  I am ok with a rebuild - with the best rated farm pool they could be back soon.  Never know how those prospects pan out so they could drop off but there is a lot to be excited about for the Kings fans right now.

yeah, they were the shit 7-8 years ago.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    would like to see TOR win this series but joe thornton can go suck a dick.

so, i’m conflicted.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Muzzin tried to get Leafs the w but they couldn't beat Price often enough tonight.

Agree on Jumbo.  Fuck that guy in his ear.
  • Options
    Galchenuk does what he does best…gifts Montreal a goal.  Saturday night in Montreal with 2500 fans…#gohabsgo

If Toronto loses Saturday…I think Montreal wins game 7…
    Give Peas A Chance…