Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    I'd read that both Dubois and Laine were eager to play in bigger markets.  Swapping them for one another doesn't help.

They should both be traded to the Kings for some of their farm kids and upcoming draft picks. ;)

Really? Well that sucks for them!

I hope it works out for the Jets 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

It likely solves a short term problem for both teams.  We will see if either get signed long term....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Was super excited for the season to start, and my Canes are now the 2nd team taking a break... Think all teams probably need a better taxi squad system if they want to keep playing.
    Goes without saying - hope everyone recovers ok.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj said:
    Was super excited for the season to start, and my Canes are now the 2nd team taking a break... Think all teams probably need a better taxi squad system if they want to keep playing.
    Goes without saying - hope everyone recovers ok.
    I like the 56 game schedule.  Lots of rescheduling will need to be done.  Lots of rescheduling.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Some entertaining hockey early on.  Early on, it appears Montreal's offseason moves are paying off.  Sure glad Montreal never traded Suzuki for Dubois...Let Dubois freeze in Winnepeg.
    So far, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  Also glad they didn't trade Suzuki (or Kotkaniemi) for Dubois.
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Some entertaining hockey early on.  Early on, it appears Montreal's offseason moves are paying off.  Sure glad Montreal never traded Suzuki for Dubois...Let Dubois freeze in Winnepeg.
    So far, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  Also glad they didn't trade Suzuki (or Kotkaniemi) for Dubois.
    I am enjoying it.  Montreal did not have a bad team last season.  When healthy they were not bad.  Now they are healthy and with a significant roster upgrade during the off season.

Romonov has been impressive on the D.

Sukuzi on his way to being the foundation of the franchise for years to come.

hoping for a Toronto v Montreal meet up in the playoffs.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    RIP Walter Gretzky...Canada’s number 1 hockey dad...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    RIP Walter Gretzky...Canada’s number 1 hockey dad...

RIP Walter
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Playoffs start today....sort of?
    What a strange season

At least Canadians can know they will reach the semis.

I think Colorado or Pittsburgh look best right now but so much can happen.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I’ll  go with a Carolina v Vegas final…Carolina takes home the cup…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    They could.. they're good.  

But Tampa gets Kuch and Stammer back to start the playoffs.  That's no joke.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Agree but they didn't play all year.  They could lose first series - it is a tough one.
  • Options
    Agree but they didn't play all year.  They could lose first series - it is a tough one.
    It is a tough one.  Stam has played,  only missed last month.  Florida,  Carolina and Tampa are all very good.  Tight checking division. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

They will help, no doubt.  It’s hard to repeat as Cup champs.

I feel the same about Montreal.  They are getting Weber, Price and Gallagher back…and a week off before the playoffs start.  Montreal may surprise Toronto.

That being said Montreal does not deserve to be in…

Florida may dangerous.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Read a piece in the Athletic and it worked with anonymous Scout, Coach, and Player to assess the teams heading into the playoffs.  Everyone agreed the North is not winning....the player said it the best "how can you win a cup if you play no defense?  None of the teams on the North can play defense."
    I'd like to see Toronto win....Jack in net, Muzzin on D, a Kings connection for me to root for....have always liked Gally...and of course I like Matthews.  Canada needs to finally have a team win and Toronto as well, would be cool to see them win.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

They will help, no doubt.  It’s hard to repeat as Cup champs.

I feel the same about Montreal.  They are getting Weber, Price and Gallagher back…and a week off before the playoffs start.  Montreal may surprise Toronto.

That being said Montreal does not deserve to be in…

Florida may dangerous.  

Joel Q makes them dangerous
  • Options
    Read a piece in the Athletic and it worked with anonymous Scout, Coach, and Player to assess the teams heading into the playoffs.  Everyone agreed the North is not winning....the player said it the best "how can you win a cup if you play no defense?  None of the teams on the North can play defense."
    I'd like to see Toronto win....Jack in net, Muzzin on D, a Kings connection for me to root for....have always liked Gally...and of course I like Matthews.  Canada needs to finally have a team win and Toronto as well, would be cool to see them win.
    I agree. I root Tampa then Canada.  DC, Penguins and Bruins can all suck it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Nerve racking win for Islanders but I’ll take it! Palmieri trade finally pays off..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Kucherov is spectacular. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Nerve racking win for Islanders but I’ll take it! Palmieri trade finally pays off..
    I m a Rangers fan but my son is an islanders fan so let s go Isles!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Neither of you are Devs fans?  
    I guess since they came to NJ in the 80s and were crap for ten years or so that you are a Rangers fan....but they have been far more successful in the last 30 years than either the Rangers or Fishermen.
    Also, the Pru is an underrated barn to watch hockey in.

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I guess since they came to NJ in the 80s and were crap for ten years or so that you are a Rangers fan....but they have been far more successful in the last 30 years than either the Rangers or Fishermen.

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan
    Yeah I rooted fir the Devils when they were on their run but never when they face the Isles! 
  • Options
    You live on the island, though, right?  Makes perfect sense for you.  mcG and his boy live in Jersey, not too far from the Pru.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan
    We both hate the Devils but we hate the Flyers even more.  
    The Pru is definitely nicer than MSG.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    mcgruff10 said:

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan
    Yeah I rooted fir the Devils when they were on their run but never when they face the Isles! 
    Jose you want to take in a playoffs game?  I'm dying to go to one.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    I have it the same in my bracket.

I've been a Canes fan for 10 years, this year they seem to have it all, talent and drive to win that I haven't seen before from them. Either way hoping to watch some good hockey!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan

Hate the Flyers more and you are a Rangers fan?  Interesting...I thought Devils were #1 on the Rangers Hate Parade.
    I have nothing bad to say about watching a game inside the Pru.  Nothing extra special about it, but nothing bad.  Outside....well, the activities around it pale compared to many arenas, but a really enjoyable watch in that barn.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan

Hate the Flyers more and you are a Rangers fan?  Interesting...I thought Devils were #1 on the Rangers Hate Parade.
    I have nothing bad to say about watching a game inside the Pru.  Nothing extra special about it, but nothing bad.  Outside....well, the activities around it pale compared to many arenas, but a really enjoyable watch in that barn.
    Yeah outside the pru is rough but the building itself is really nice.  

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Signed,
    Also Not A Devil's Fan
    Jose you want to take in a playoffs game?  I'm dying to go to one.
    I tried getting tickets for this round but it’s only for season ticket holders ughh 😡