Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    how much did Vegas pay those shiity refs…the Cup is earned not handed to you because buttman is convinced that people in the desert or Florida are real hockey fans.

Great win by Montreal.  Great goaltending by Price, timely scoring … and that Caufield kid and Suzuki are pretty damn good for 20 and 21…

I’m with you on this I hope the haba take out Vegas shithole state! I don’t care if you can gamble your life away there screw them for being laxed on C19 restrictions and you’re correct Bateman is thee worst commissioner of any sport! 
    Buttface has an agenda that’s not in the best interest of the league.  I love how Vegas is exempted from the expansion draft.  I hope these GMs don’t have brain cramps and load Seattle up like they did Vegas…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I can't remember the last time I was nervous for hockey the whole game from start to finish like last night. Maybe Canada vs US in 2010? Habs did not deserve to be in that game at all but Price did what he had to do to keep them in it and they got incredibly lucky thankfully late in the 3rd. I was watching the game with coworkers last night with a bunch of them going for Vegas since they are Leaf fans. What a fun atmosphere that was when the game was over. 

The 1st periods were Montreal’s worst of this years playoffs…they were good in the 3rd and controlled the OT.  They got win and some comfort knowing they played much better later in the game.  Game 4 should be fun.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What a terrible play by Fleury. Crazy situation. 
    If it’s Tampa against Vegas you guys will win in 5.  I said to my father before the series started that Fleury would gift the Habs a win…last night was it…I’m not a fan of Fleury.  Passing the puck between your legs behind the net with 2 minutes left was just dumb.  And how did 2 refs miss the high stick on Perry…it should have been a double minor.  
    What if it’s Montreal Tampa?
    You are the more talented team…no doubt you should be favoured.  Montreal has a good group of youngster who are stepping up and good group of veteran players.  Montreal is resilient at this point.  I could see that series going 7 easily and the 7th game can sometimes just be a toss up…

right now Montreal has everyone contributing…you can not focus on one line.  Montreal’s 4th line has 23 points in these playoffs.  Tampa has an all world goalie as well and Nikita and Point.  I would settle for a Montreal Tampa final…

I once remember Mike Babcock saying “Stanley Cups Championships are decided by the 4th line…”his theory being when you get deep in the playoffs that the top lines neutralize each other.  

I’d enjoy Montreal v Tampa …

why does Vegas employ Reeves?  He can’t skate and offers very little in production…

how bout you…who do you prefer?  
    I always root Tampa then Canada.  I mostly root against teams, specifically Caps and Boston. 

When you have four good lines, you don’t have to chase matchups. That’s a big advantage.  23 points by the 4th line is impressive.  I doubt Tampa has close to that, but our 4th line is dangerous and really grinds.  Pat Maroon makes life difficult for blue liners. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    If it’s Tampa against Vegas you guys will win in 5.  I said to my father before the series started that Fleury would gift the Habs a win…last night was it…I’m not a fan of Fleury.  Passing the puck between your legs behind the net with 2 minutes left was just dumb.  And how did 2 refs miss the high stick on Perry…it should have been a double minor.  
    You are the more talented team…no doubt you should be favoured.  Montreal has a good group of youngster who are stepping up and good group of veteran players.  Montreal is resilient at this point.  I could see that series going 7 easily and the 7th game can sometimes just be a toss up…

right now Montreal has everyone contributing…you can not focus on one line.  Montreal’s 4th line has 23 points in these playoffs.  Tampa has an all world goalie as well and Nikita and Point.  I would settle for a Montreal Tampa final…

I once remember Mike Babcock saying “Stanley Cups Championships are decided by the 4th line…”his theory being when you get deep in the playoffs that the top lines neutralize each other.  

why does Vegas employ Reeves?  He can’t skate and offers very little in production…

I always root Tampa then Canada.  I mostly root against teams, specifically Caps and Boston. 

When you have four good lines, you don’t have to chase matchups. That’s a big advantage.  23 points by the 4th line is impressive.  I doubt Tampa has close to that, but our 4th line is dangerous and really grinds.  Pat Maroon makes life difficult for blue liners. 
    I like Pat Maroon.  Tampa has a great team…no doubt.  I love Stamkos.  Just hope he’s not a salary cap casualty or he might be a leaf soon…lol. If Tampa wins the Conn trophy should go to Point and your goalie…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

I still think the Islanders can win…It won’t be easy…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I like Pat Maroon.  Tampa has a great team…no doubt.  I love Stamkos.  Just hope he’s not a salary cap casualty or he might be a leaf soon…lol. If Tampa wins the Conn trophy should go to Point and your goalie…
    If it ended today, it would have to be Vaz.  Point and Kucherov would be right behind. Obviously Price for Montreal and I would say Tuch for Vegas.  He’s looked great.
  • Options

I still think the Islanders can win…It won’t be easy…
    Definitely. Tight games like this just need a bounce either way.  
  • Options
    Wow.  What a finish to the Tampa game…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    NHL playoff hockey is the best…not even close.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    One for the ages the Pulock save was incredible man I’m so happy this Father’s Day and yes NHL playoffs are tops period.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    One for the ages the Pulock save was incredible man I’m so happy this Father’s Day and yes NHL playoffs are tops period.
    When it first happened,  I was sure he covered it with his hand in the crease.  

Islanders deserved that game. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    When it first happened,  I was sure he covered it with his hand in the crease.  

Islanders deserved that game. 
    Yeah I thought the same! 
  • Options
    It’s the best of three now let’s go Islanders! 
  • Options
    Looks like Fleury might not play tonight…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Vegas GM testes positive. This better not go how I think its going....
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    What a shit show screw Vegas and their laxed approach..
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    His testes are positive?  ;)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    His testes are positive?  ;)

That's what she said!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Agreed.  Worst part is the Vegas  management is often seen with no mask in the bell Center…Why are they not being fined? Does the league even enforce Covid protocols…Buttface is complete fucking idiot.  

These 2 games in Montreal were the 2 worst officiated games I’ve seen in along time…how that fucking asshole Chris Lee had job reffing in the NHL…that asshole should be reffing ladies hockey…

Vegas is a real shithole franchise…I can not wait until the cap catches up with them…and it will. 

Looking forward to tonight’s game 

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Agreed.  Worst part is the Vegas  management is often seen with no mask in the bell Center…Why are they not being fined? Does the league even enforce Covid protocols…Buttface is complete fucking idiot.  

These 2 games in Montreal were the 2 worst officiated games I’ve seen in along time…how that fucking asshole Chris Lee had job reffing in the NHL…that asshole should be reffing ladies hockey…

Vegas is a real shithole franchise…I can not wait until the cap catches up with them…and it will. 

Looking forward to tonight’s game 

Agreed! Tonight should be a battle I hope isles come out in top that’s all I’m saying not touching the $$$ 
  • Options
    9 straight goals for Tampa at the moment. 

With Rutta not coming back out, Barzal could get a game suspension. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    Fucking embarrassing!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Since when should a player get suspended because a player choose to turtle…holy fuck.  He’d never survive the Montreal Vegas game 4.

as far I’m concerned the NHL these last few games have convinced me they are an even bigger joke than ever before…

Buttface is a complete fucking joke.  But then what should we expect from some asshole from the NBA…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Since when should a player get suspended because a player choose to turtle…holy fuck.  He’d never survive the Montreal Vegas game 4.

as far I’m concerned the NHL these last few games have convinced me they are an even bigger joke than ever before…

Buttface is a complete fucking joke.  But then what should we expect from some asshole from the NBA…
    He got checked in the face with a stick.  But I'm sure Vegas and the Habs are so much tougher than the Bolts. 

I know,  I know.. if only it was the 70s and they could cross check in the face with impunity  
  • Options
    Fucking embarrassing!
    I agree.  The Islanders should be embarrassed.  The NHL should be embarrassed as well.  It’s the shittiest run league out there.  But buttface will get what he wants Tamp v Vegas because idiots actually believe hockey is sellable in Florida and Vegas…once the losing start with those teams no one will even know they exist…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Fucking embarrassing!
    I agree.  The Islanders should be embarrassed.  The NHL should be embarrassed as well.  It’s the shittiest run league out there.  But buttface will get what he wants Tamp v Vegas because idiots actually believe hockey is sellable in Florida and Vegas…once the losing start with those teams no one will even know they exist…
    You sound bitter.  Sorry buddy.  The lightning are almost 30 years old and have been a great franchise,  much better than any Canadian team has been in the last generation.  That's what you should be embarrassed about. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Fucking embarrassing!
    You sound bitter.  Sorry buddy.  The lightning are almost 30 years old and have been a great franchise,  much better than any Canadian team has been in the last generation.  That's what you should be embarrassed about. 
    Not bitter al all…why should I be embarrassed?  Embarrassed of the Montreal Canadiens?  A organization with 24 Championships to their name and a plethora of hall of fame talent that went through Montreal.  Embarrassed of Canadien hockey…winners of 3 Olympic Golds since  the NHL started participating.  Embarrassed of Canadians teams that have US teams getting more revenue from  the Canadian TV deal than from US networks…The NHL and these mighty US teams should be embarrassed living off the riches of Canada’s love for hockey…

but that’s not a  suspendible hit, but who knows with buttface. also having a player turtle like that is embarrassing…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Isles...  Man...  Get it together.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Fucking embarrassing!
    Not bitter al all…why should I be embarrassed?  Embarrassed of the Montreal Canadiens?  A organization with 24 Championships to their name and a plethora of hall of fame talent that went through Montreal.  Embarrassed of Canadien hockey…winners of 3 Olympic Golds since  the NHL started participating.  Embarrassed of Canadians teams that have US teams getting more revenue from  the Canadian TV deal than from US networks…The NHL and these mighty US teams should be embarrassed living off the riches of Canada’s love for hockey…

but that’s not a  suspendible hit, but who knows with buttface. also having a player turtle like that is embarrassing…
    Wow, all those things from 40+ years ago are amazing.  It's a lot harder when there's more than a handful of teams in the league nowadays. So then what exactly is your point? When will the Tampa franchise fold?  And why didn't they fold in the 90s when they were terrible?  The Tampa Sillynannies won't have a chance against either Vegas or Montreal since they can't take a stick to the face.  
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Tampa....my FanDuel account thanks you