Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The point being the nhl can’t be trusted to do what is right.  The game was always better when the players policed the sport…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Isles last night.  When passing they seem to be really good at finding the opponents stick.  I can't believe how many passes were intercepted.  

Bad officiating or not, if they continue to play like that then they deserve to lose.  Was very unhappy with how they played in the end.  

Where did Barzals speed go?

First period I'm good with, the other 2, not so much...
    Tampa is loaded we were a bit slower last night officiating was nothing to get worked up about , we needed to split and we accomplished that so let’s see how the come out tomorrow at home should be a great game! 
    The games are only going to get rougher.  Most people think Tampa is just a skill team, because of the top line.  But they are not.  The like the face wash and like to drop the gloves as much as anyone.  It's sort of a double edged sword for the Isles.  I konw they like to play rough too, but special teams are not great for them.  So it will be interesting to see if they can walk the fine line of playing tough and not drawing penalties.  I expect Tampa to come out with the 3rd and 4th lines early tomorrow to start the violence early.  
    I believe the isles are the least penalized team in the league…hardly a sign of a team that is tough.  The isles stand a better chance by staying out of the penalty box…

and please, Tampa and none of these teams today know tough..They are protected by the instigator rule…most of these so called tough guys today would be searching for their teeth  if guys like Probert, Kocur, Domi etc.. were patrolling the ice today…
    They are the least penalized, but announcers keep talking about how the Isles wear down teams with physical play.  All the after action scrum will lead to penalty minutes and 4 on 4.  

blah blah blah, 70s, 80's, 90's.. Different era.  We're talking about today. If only it were the days when Eric Lindros and Paul Kariya were knocked out cold on the ice.  Gosh, those were the good times. 
    You mean when players took cheap shots at the better players?  Yeah great times.

When the tough players broke wrists of the better players for slashing?  More great times.

I hated the fucking goons.  They had big bodies and could fight and did nothing more for the sport...

McSoreley, Domi, Beukaboom, hated them.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,626
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Isles last night.  When passing they seem to be really good at finding the opponents stick.  I can't believe how many passes were intercepted.  

Bad officiating or not, if they continue to play like that then they deserve to lose.  Was very unhappy with how they played in the end.  

Where did Barzals speed go?

First period I'm good with, the other 2, not so much...
    Tampa is loaded we were a bit slower last night officiating was nothing to get worked up about , we needed to split and we accomplished that so let’s see how the come out tomorrow at home should be a great game! 
    The games are only going to get rougher.  Most people think Tampa is just a skill team, because of the top line.  But they are not.  The like the face wash and like to drop the gloves as much as anyone.  It's sort of a double edged sword for the Isles.  I konw they like to play rough too, but special teams are not great for them.  So it will be interesting to see if they can walk the fine line of playing tough and not drawing penalties.  I expect Tampa to come out with the 3rd and 4th lines early tomorrow to start the violence early.  
    I believe the isles are the least penalized team in the league…hardly a sign of a team that is tough.  The isles stand a better chance by staying out of the penalty box…

and please, Tampa and none of these teams today know tough..They are protected by the instigator rule…most of these so called tough guys today would be searching for their teeth  if guys like Probert, Kocur, Domi etc.. were patrolling the ice today…
    They are the least penalized, but announcers keep talking about how the Isles wear down teams with physical play.  All the after action scrum will lead to penalty minutes and 4 on 4.  

blah blah blah, 70s, 80's, 90's.. Different era.  We're talking about today. If only it were the days when Eric Lindros and Paul Kariya were knocked out cold on the ice.  Gosh, those were the good times. 
    Physical play is different than committing penalties…the isles lean on teams…their style is to be on the Tampa players like glue..That style of play wears down teams if they can execute it…hardly makes them tough…just a good for checking team.

I guess you missed Jake Evan’s sprawled unconscious…

the eras are not much different…

let gets this straight…was Lindros and Kariya sent to ice from a punch or what were considered clean hits at the time?

And it’s well documented that Lindros didn’t get proper care for his concussions from Philly…

Would the hit on Evans have warranted 4 games suspensions in the 80s? 

I agree that the shots on Lindros were clean at the time.  But not today.  And that's a good thing. 

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,449
    Wobbie said:
    I just feel like until russia quits fucking with our elections, our infrastructure, etc., we shouldn’t afford any of their citizens the opportunity to make millions of american dollars.

Had the good fortune to be one of the early waves of folks able to visit the former USSR as they reopened to the world... we went in 1992. 
    Spent a small amount of time in Estonia and then Russia (St. Pete).
    Very different experiences but met a whole lot of wonderful people.
    Their leadership was (and is now) a damn train-wreck but I do not color the people based on this.
    Happy to have Russian citizens here working the same way we would have citizens of other countries.

I’m sure that’s true….I really am….but fuck them, nonetheless, until their country stops fucking with ours. 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Montreal leaves Vegas even… most people who go to Vegas wish they left even…hehehe

Montreal played a decent road game.  Gotta quit sitting on leads.  But Price had their back.  That’s fine, gives the coach something to work on.

all I heard before this series was how loud fans in Vegas were…really.  That’s the best these fuckers can do.  Montreal will have 3500 fans and it will sound like 35000…he he he

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    I just feel like until russia quits fucking with our elections, our infrastructure, etc., we shouldn’t afford any of their citizens the opportunity to make millions of american dollars.

Had the good fortune to be one of the early waves of folks able to visit the former USSR as they reopened to the world... we went in 1992. 
    Their leadership was (and is now) a damn train-wreck but I do not color the people based on this.
    Happy to have Russian citizens here working the same way we would have citizens of other countries.

I’m sure that’s true….I really am….but fuck them, nonetheless, until their country stops fucking with ours. 

There's a little irony in there.
  • Options
    You gotta love when the worlds biggest bully plays the victim card…bahahahaha.  And this Canuck doesn’t give a rats ass about Ukraine and Russia’s dispute…just hope we are not dumb enough to get too involved…another pointless conflict.

There are nothing wrong with Russian players…they have enhanced the game greatly…

Montreal has a good looking 20 year old Russian D man Alexander Romanov…he’s going to be a solid player  and he loves to hit…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

there is? :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Montreal coach may have tested positive for Covid…he is fully vaccinated.  Could miss 10 days or more.  No word If any players have tested positive…this is on the nhl and shithole Vegas…you’d think the assholes running this league would want a Covid free tournament..Nope these assholes insist on full houses….by the way…Vegas sounds like 500 fans not 17000…. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Wobbie said:
    Rygar said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

You don't see it?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Rygar said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

You don't see it?

nope.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Rygar said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

You don't see it?

nope.
    US monkeys with other countries and how they are run....
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Interesting Montreal's head coach is out for at least 10 days with covid. Wonder what kind of an impact this will have on the series. 
  • Options
    Great pass by Staal.
  • Options
    And tied. Habs needed that.  
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Rygar said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

You don't see it?

nope.
    US monkeys with other countries and how they are run....

well, sure....but what if Ovechkin, et al got fed up cuz they couldn’t play in the NHL?

it might start a movement ......or, admittedly, get them assassinated. 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Vegas should rename their team to the  Vegas Saints.  That referee Lee should be employed at McDonalds…what a garbage ref…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    This Covid bs is on the nhl and Vegas…buttface is a complete idiot…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Interesting Montreal's head coach is out for at least 10 days with covid. Wonder what kind of an impact this will have on the series. 
    The real concern is now the players…I suspect both teams might be concerned…the next couple days will be tense.  This is on that idiot buttface…and Vegas.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Rygar said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

You don't see it?

nope.
    That’s because your a simple indoctrinated American…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    how much did Vegas pay those shiity refs…the Cup is earned not handed to you because buttman is convinced that people in the desert or Florida are real hockey fans.

Great win by Montreal.  Great goaltending by Price, timely scoring … and that Caufield kid and Suzuki are pretty damn good for 20 and 21…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    how much did Vegas pay those shiity refs…the Cup is earned not handed to you because buttman is convinced that people in the desert or Florida are real hockey fans.

Great win by Montreal.  Great goaltending by Price, timely scoring … and that Caufield kid and Suzuki are pretty damn good for 20 and 21…

I’m with you on this I hope the haba take out Vegas shithole state! I don’t care if you can gamble your life away there screw them for being laxed on C19 restrictions and you’re correct Bateman is thee worst commissioner of any sport! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Patrick Bateman?
    I don't like Vegas....hope for Canadian team and since the Habs are that team I'm rooting for them.  
    I think Vegas wins the series, though.

• Options
    What a terrible play by Fleury. Crazy situation. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    If it’s Tampa against Vegas you guys will win in 5.  I said to my father before the series started that Fleury would gift the Habs a win…last night was it…I’m not a fan of Fleury.  Passing the puck between your legs behind the net with 2 minutes left was just dumb.  And how did 2 refs miss the high stick on Perry…it should have been a double minor.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Patrick Bateman?
    I don't like Vegas....hope for Canadian team and since the Habs are that team I'm rooting for them.  
    I think Vegas wins the series, though.

You might be right…Vegas may win.  But last night game is the kind of game if you lose it may effect the series negatively for Vegas.  Mind you Vegas put up a lot of shots…but an awful lot come from the outside…Montreal’s is doing a great job of boxing Vegas out in front of Price.

Montreal certainly did not start on time but showed up in the 3rd and controlled the OT.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    If it’s Tampa against Vegas you guys will win in 5.  I said to my father before the series started that Fleury would gift the Habs a win…last night was it…I’m not a fan of Fleury.  Passing the puck between your legs behind the net with 2 minutes left was just dumb.  And how did 2 refs miss the high stick on Perry…it should have been a double minor.  
    What if it’s Montreal Tampa?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    I can't remember the last time I was nervous for hockey the whole game from start to finish like last night. Maybe Canada vs US in 2010? Habs did not deserve to be in that game at all but Price did what he had to do to keep them in it and they got incredibly lucky thankfully late in the 3rd. I was watching the game with coworkers last night with a bunch of them going for Vegas since they are Leaf fans. What a fun atmosphere that was when the game was over. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What if it’s Montreal Tampa?
    You are the more talented team…no doubt you should be favoured.  Montreal has a good group of youngster who are stepping up and good group of veteran players.  Montreal is resilient at this point.  I could see that series going 7 easily and the 7th game can sometimes just be a toss up…

right now Montreal has everyone contributing…you can not focus on one line.  Montreal’s 4th line has 23 points in these playoffs.  Tampa has an all world goalie as well and Nikita and Point.  I would settle for a Montreal Tampa final…

I once remember Mike Babcock saying “Stanley Cups Championships are decided by the 4th line…”his theory being when you get deep in the playoffs that the top lines neutralize each other.  

I’d enjoy Montreal v Tampa …

why does Vegas employ Reeves?  He can’t skate and offers very little in production…

how bout you…who do you prefer?  
    Give Peas A Chance…