Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited June 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    Hey @HughFreakingDillon  what’s the story on Winnipeg attendance?  I don’t see two people sitting next to each other.  Did they only sell singles or can you not even sit next to the person with whom you came?
    Just a guess on my part but since they are all health care workers it is not like they can bring another family member or friend that is in their bubble to sit with them. If two family members were both healthcare workers and somehow won the draw I bet they would be allowed to but the odds of that happening would be very slim. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Oh I didn't realize it was only health care.  O was assuming it was lottery season ticket holders. But still,  you would think it would be a +1
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Price put on a clinic in the last few minutes…

GO HABS GO
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Glad the Habs pulled it off. Great Vegas/Avs game too.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,297
    Tonight is a must game for Islanders gotta have it! Maybe that Barzal goal will get him started and he can become more productive..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Glad the Habs pulled it off. Great Vegas/Avs game too.
    I’d love to be in the Bell Center Sunday…May be a small crowd but they were noisy in game 6 against Toronto…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    In international hockey Canada beat the US To advance to the gold medal game in the world hockey championships..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Great win last night more physical sits well with Islanders play, great series so far! Monday will be tough in Boston but we did split there so pretty confident..
  • Options
    Canada wins Gold at the world hockey championship.  Started 0-3 and managed to win...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    GO HABS GO!!!
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Montreal has been short handed 30 times in these playoffs … they have allowed 3 pp goals and scored 4 shorties.  Can’t  say enough great things about the Perry, Stall and Armenia line…I’ve always been a huge Perry fan…so having him playing great in Montreal…is perfect.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,850
    Canes fighting for their playoff lives tonight.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj said:
    Tomorrow
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    mrussel1 said:
    Oh I didn't realize it was only health care.  O was assuming it was lottery season ticket holders. But still,  you would think it would be a +1
    yep, 500 health care workers max. many of them boycotted the offer, and wanted everyone to do so, but that's a story for another thread. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    a5pj said:
    Number 1 off-season move needs to be to get better goaltending…does not help that Tampa went into the playoffs with a 98 billion dollar payroll and everyone else 80 million or so..Hopefully the idiots running the league close that loophole.  But I have no doubt Bettman has the owners convinced that it’s good for the league … 

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    a5pj said:
    Number 1 off-season move needs to be to get better goaltending…does not help that Tampa went into the playoffs with a 98 billion dollar payroll and everyone else 80 million or so..Hopefully the idiots running the league close that loophole.  But I have no doubt Bettman has the owners convinced that it’s good for the league … 

I think they have a great 1-2 tandem in Carolina.  When a team tries to play wide open against Tampa,  it's really difficult to keep up.  It plays into their strength. 
  • Options
    Whoops, tomorrow, right.
    Goaltending is the best in Carolina that's it's been in 10 years, and that's with either of the 3 goalies. I've loved Mrazek since his days in Detroit. Ned is a stud rookie, but who knows how that goes. And Reimer is a backup who played amazing this year, don't think he'll be sticking around though.

And don't forget Carolina is playing the refs too, must have gotten some of that 98 billion payroll $$ haha. Either way this is good hockey, and it's awesome to have Carolina on the upswing, they're gonna be playoff contenders for a while.

If they lose I am totally jumping on the Canadiens bandwagon. Love Tatar, Price and Perry. I can look past E Staal lol.

• Options
    GO HABS GO 

Scheifele still has to serve 1 game of his suspension next season…ha ha

i never thought the Habs would win the North…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Great win by Islanders now back home trying to close out bruins will be tough tomorrow! Can’t wait Barzal is locked in & Barlamov was epic last night, Bruins should of won they had some many shots..
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    pivotal game five for VGK. they looked unbeatable sunday night but I know they’re not.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    a5pj said:
    Whoops, tomorrow, right.
    Goaltending is the best in Carolina that's it's been in 10 years, and that's with either of the 3 goalies. I've loved Mrazek since his days in Detroit. Ned is a stud rookie, but who knows how that goes. And Reimer is a backup who played amazing this year, don't think he'll be sticking around though.

And don't forget Carolina is playing the refs too, must have gotten some of that 98 billion payroll $$ haha. Either way this is good hockey, and it's awesome to have Carolina on the upswing, they're gonna be playoff contenders for a while.

If they lose I am totally jumping on the Canadiens bandwagon. Love Tatar, Price and Perry. I can look past E Staal lol.
    Tonight … do or die.  Is your goaltending just good or can it be elite?  The reffing in the NHL sucks agreed.  I guess Boston feels like they got hosed last night..But Boston always feels cheated.  I hope that loophole gets closed…not sure if the players would have to agree.

Not a stall fan?  He’s been great in the playoffs…him and Perry with Armia…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    a5pj said:
    Whoops, tomorrow, right.

Tonight … do or die.  Is your goaltending just good or can it be elite?  The reffing in the NHL sucks agreed.  I guess Boston feels like they got hosed last night..But Boston always feels cheated.  I hope that loophole gets closed…not sure if the players would have to agree.

The officiating is fine.  The only reason the series isn't over is because of that super soft penalty on Kucherov in the offensive zone in overtime G3. The Canes hadn't done a thing in 2 periods and were getting run out of the building.  Mrazek stood on his head to carry them. He was elite that day for sure.  
  • Options
    Staal, well, I haven't followed him much since the Canes traded him. At that point he was lazy and a big part of the reason the Canes sucked then. He would coast out of the O zone offsides when the rest of the team was trying to transition back in and mess everything up -all. the. time. Can't complain about his #'s though.

As for the ref's, every team is biased. But can we agree they shouldn't be calling half the junk they are and let them play? And that they need help for more accurate calls.

Have a feeling Ned is back tonight.

• Options
    a5pj said:
    Staal, well, I haven't followed him much since the Canes traded him. At that point he was lazy and a big part of the reason the Canes sucked then. He would coast out of the O zone offsides when the rest of the team was trying to transition back in and mess everything up -all. the. time. Can't complain about his #'s though.

As for the ref's, every team is biased. But can we agree they shouldn't be calling half the junk they are and let them play? And that they need help for more accurate calls.

Have a feeling Ned is back tonight.
    I think it should be Ned as well.  4 goals in two games isn't terrible, although they were tight checking games with low shot counts.  I'm more interested in if Brind sends out three forwards that are not 100%.  You lose 1-2 of those guys during the game, and then you are double shifting a lot of players.  It will show up in the 3rd. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Montreal wont make the playoffs anymore when they are back in the Division of Boston/Tampa/Toronto/Florida
    And you know this how?  Dallas made the finals last season and missed the playoffs.  That’s how parity work.  Toronto May only have a 3 year window… Mathews contract is up in 3 and will be a highly sought after free agent…and if shanahan was such a great hockey executive why would he bring in choker joe Thornton…when the games count joe disappears more time than not…not too mention that meathead Simmons..
    Dude, Simmer is awesome.  What is your issue with him?
    He can do everything.  Great teammate, everywhere he goes the guys love him.
    I get it, he’s one of the ex kings you like…the ex king I like is Toffoli…ha ha.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    a5pj said:
    Whoops, tomorrow, right.

The officiating is fine.  The only reason the series isn't over is because of that super soft penalty on Kucherov in the offensive zone in overtime G3. The Canes hadn't done a thing in 2 periods and were getting run out of the building.  Mrazek stood on his head to carry them. He was elite that day for sure.  
    I was talking in generalization…the reffing in the nhl is not good for the most part.  All the players ask for is consistency…not to mention this is this is the playoffs…some of these refs need to put their whistles away and quit calling so much petty stuff.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    a5pj said:
    Whoops, tomorrow, right.

I was talking in generalization…the reffing in the nhl is not good for the most part.  All the players ask for is consistency…not to mention this is this is the playoffs…some of these refs need to put their whistles away and quit calling so much petty stuff.
    Agreed.  Fully.  Holds,  trips,  etc. are annoying. 

• Options
    This is surely not sitting well with leaf fans…hehe.  An Unknown nhl player tweeted that Montreal has eliminated 2 opponents in 8 days and the leafs haven’t eliminated anyone in 17 years…lol

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    If the AVS comeback and win I’d like them to where the Nordiques old jersey…could revive the greatest rivalry in hockey…it’d be fun.  
    Give Peas A Chance…