Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    edited June 2021

I would say the avs are looking the best, followed by Tampa…
    Vegas looked good last night though.  They really took it to Colorado and had them in their heels all night.  Fleury gave up that softie early,  but otherwise looked great.  I know it's 2-0 but it feels like a series. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:

I would say the avs are looking the best, followed by Tampa…
    Vegas looked good last night though.  They really took it to Colorado and had them in their heels all night.  Fleury gave up that softie early,  but otherwise looked great.  I know it's 2-0 but it feels like a series. 
    Agreed. Vegas hit like 6 or 7 posts as well.  I hope those two teams bang up on each other...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    MayDay10 said:

Buffalo won the draft lottery…whoever gets drafted to that dumpster fire did not win any lottery…
    Can you imagine being Beniers or Power (and their parents), and having it come down to going to the career-killer pile of perpetually burning shit-fire, cant develop anyone organization Sabres, or an exciting start with Seattle with a solid management team?  
    I really do not have a lot of room to talk…Montreal has done shit since the early 90s…but I really Dahlin was the piece to build around.  Many scouts had this guy being the next Lidstrom…has he been a disappointment?  Or is he just trapped on a very bad team.
    He has looked really good to be honest.  He has one of the top point totals in NHL history as a defenseman before the age of 20 or something like that.

Kruger really sat on Dahlin though and he looked really, really bad under that awful soccer coach.  Once he was fired, Granato took the muzzle off Dahlin and he again looked good for the last 20 games or so.

IMO a lot of Dahlin taking the next step depends on them getting the right pairing with him (as well as making any sort of progress as a relevant professional hockey team).  
  • Options
    As far as the Schiefele/Evans play, I really dont feel like the intent was there and it was some neanderthol move with malicious intent because he was made Winnipeg was losing.  I truly believe he was racing down the ice to prevent a goal and gain possession and was a little late and in the thick of the play made a split-second decision he was late and the only course of action was to take the body, without (in that split second) really calculating he was at full speed skating the length of the ice.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    As far as the Schiefele/Evans play, I really dont feel like the intent was there and it was some neanderthol move with malicious intent because he was made Winnipeg was losing.  I truly believe he was racing down the ice to prevent a goal and gain possession and was a little late and in the thick of the play made a split-second decision he was late and the only course of action was to take the body, without (in that split second) really calculating he was at full speed skating the length of the ice.
    Maybe that was original intent but he never even looked at the puck or made a move at it with his stick.  If he went for the puck, the collision would have been much less forceful. 
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    He had completely made up his mind that he was going for the body. He knows there's nothing he can do to actually stop the puck from going in, so might as well get in a hit.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    4 game suspension. First time offender had to play a role in that I would imagine. If that was Kadri or Wilson would have been much more. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Jumb0 said:
    He had completely made up his mind that he was going for the body. He knows there's nothing he can do to actually stop the puck from going in, so might as well get in a hit.

These pictures represent the 1/1000000th of a second before impact.

Not saying that bad judgment and dangerous play shouldn't be penalized/suspendable.  It was a reckless play for sure... but I doubt he skated most of that way planning to knock evans' head off.  
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    4 game suspension. First time offender had to play a role in that I would imagine. If that was Kadri or Wilson would have been much more. 
    Eric Engvalls who covers Montreal says it’s “it’s the equivalent of 8-10 regular season games…I’d rather have Jake Evan’s in the lineup…Montreal has Tomas Tatar and Lehkenon who they can draw from to replace Evan’s.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Jumb0 said:

Not saying that bad judgment and dangerous play shouldn't be penalized/suspendable.  It was a reckless play for sure... but I doubt he skated most of that way planning to knock evans' head off.  
    It’s a fair suspension, a case can be made for 5 games…but for the most part the nhl did a decent job.  Reports from the ice were the scheilfele was frustrated in the 3rd…so without actually getting in is head we can lonely assume he took his frustrations out on Evan’s..Plus I think he was trying to send a message to Montreal…

Pretty much all the CBC analyst were calling for a long suspension as well…

now let’s play some hockey…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,582
    Lovin’ the Little Ball of Hate! Fuck yea!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Marchand for the game winner…

Rask was great tonight…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Aho scores in OT and Carolina climbs back into the series..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I'm not out here advocating that his intent was to injure Evans. Just that his thought process was let out some frustration on the guy. 

If he tries to play the stick instead of the body, he actually has somewhat of a chance to stop the puck but he's already squared up and ready to lay the lumber.

• Options
    Jumb0 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I'm not out here advocating that his intent was to injure Evans. Just that his thought process was let out some frustration on the guy. 

If he tries to play the stick instead of the body, he actually has somewhat of a chance to stop the puck but he's already squared up and ready to lay the lumber.

He had no intention of playing the puck.  At some point he decided to blow up Evan’s….he was trying to set the tone for game 2.  The tone has been set…and he won’t be part of it….and I say good riddance…

and I’ve heard very little from the Jets organization in expressing their concern for evan’s…classy team they are…lead by their classy coach.

Montreal immediately tweeted out their concern for John Taverras…

Winnipeg can learn from Montreal…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    it depends on that angle of the screenshot. At that angle, it looks like he has no chance at the puck. In the angle I saw earlier, from behind and to the left of Evans, it looks like he has a clean shot at the puck. hard to say when it's a 1/1000 of a second. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jumb0 said:
    MayDay10 said:

He had no intention of playing the puck.  At some point he decided to blow up Evan’s….he was trying to set the tone for game 2.  The tone has been set…and he won’t be part of it….and I say good riddance…

and I’ve heard very little from the Jets organization in expressing their concern for evan’s…classy team they are…lead by their classy coach.

Jets players actually mentioned their concern for Evans' health in post-game interviews, FYI.
    I get what you're saying about Maurice but I think what he said yesterday was all about trying to minimize the suspension he knew was coming for his player, so consider that perspective.  He knew Schiefle was in the wrong and was getting suspended, but it's also the playoffs and he has to do what he can to help his team win.
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Jumb0 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Jets players actually mentioned their concern for Evans' health in post-game interviews, FYI.
    I get what you're saying about Maurice but I think what he said yesterday was all about trying to minimize the suspension he knew was coming for his player, so consider that perspective.  He knew Schiefle was in the wrong and was getting suspended, but it's also the playoffs and he has to do what he can to help his team win.
    It was the unnecessary chirping from the jet players after the incident…Corey Perry was particularly targeted one the Tavveres incident…if the Jets players can distinguish between the 2 incidents then that’s on them..

I personally think the Jets were frustrated because they thought they’d roll over Montreal because Montreal played a tough 7 game series against their biggest rival and then had to catch a charter to winterpeg….

Time to put that behind us a play some hockey…may the best team win…

Montreal has good group of veterans and youngster…I expect Montreal to just continue to play physical and make life tough on the Jets…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar said:
    Jumb0 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It was the unnecessary chirping from the jet players after the incident…Corey Perry was particularly targeted one the Tavveres incident…if the Jets players can distinguish between the 2 incidents then that’s on them..

I personally think the Jets were frustrated because they thought they’d roll over Montreal because Montreal played a tough 7 game series against their biggest rival and then had to catch a charter to winterpeg….

Montreal has good group of veterans and youngster…I expect Montreal to just continue to play physical and make life tough on the Jets…

For the record I am a long time Habs fan and hope they do well.  My expectations are pretty low so this has been a good playoffs!
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Rygar said:
    Jumb0 said:
    MayDay10 said:

For the record I am a long time Habs fan and hope they do well.  My expectations are pretty low so this has been a good playoffs!
    I am as well.  I so enjoyed the Toronto series.  I hope they play many more series in the future…I’m sure you’ve heard that a lot of Habs fans feel Roy put the curse of St. Patrick on the team when he was traded…I thought it was ironic that when him and Trembley patched things up Montreal started playing good hockey…

and I’m glad they patched things up.  Now it’s time to go full circle and bring Roy into the front office…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Rygar said:
    Jumb0 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I am as well.  I so enjoyed the Toronto series.  I hope they play many more series in the future…I’m sure you’ve heard that a lot of Habs fans feel Roy put the curse of St. Patrick on the team when he was traded…I thought it was ironic that when him and Trembley patched things up Montreal started playing good hockey…

and I’m glad they patched things up.  Now it’s time to go full circle and bring Roy into the front office…
    I thought you lived in Toronto.  Are you a contrarian by nature? 
  • Options
    :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Montreal wont make the playoffs anymore when they are back in the Division of Boston/Tampa/Toronto/Florida
  • Options
    it depends on that angle of the screenshot. At that angle, it looks like he has no chance at the puck. In the angle I saw earlier, from behind and to the left of Evans, it looks like he has a clean shot at the puck. hard to say when it's a 1/1000 of a second. 

What are you talking about? He's got his stick in his left hand tucked back because he's lowering his right shoulder in order to hit the guy. If he puts the stick in his right hand and reaches it forward he at least makes contact with Evans' stick. Not saying it stops the puck from going in, but it's at least a legit attempt and not some goon-esque attempt to "set the tone for game 2"
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    MayDay10 said:
    Montreal wont make the playoffs anymore when they are back in the Division of Boston/Tampa/Toronto/Florida
    And you know this how?  Dallas made the finals last season and missed the playoffs.  That’s how parity work.  Toronto May only have a 3 year window… Mathews contract is up in 3 and will be a highly sought after free agent…and if shanahan was such a great hockey executive why would he bring in choker joe Thornton…when the games count joe disappears more time than not…not too mention that meathead Simmons..
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

What are you talking about? He's got his stick in his left hand tucked back because he's lowering his right shoulder in order to hit the guy. If he puts the stick in his right hand and reaches it forward he at least makes contact with Evans' stick. Not saying it stops the puck from going in, but it's at least a legit attempt and not some goon-esque attempt to "set the tone for game 2"
    That’s all he was thinking…set the tone for game. 

"We're done talking about the hit. We're missing a player, they're missing a player." - Shea Weber

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

I agree with all of this. I just said, depending on the angle of those two pictures, one makes it look like he could've had a chance at a poke check to stop the puck, in the other, it doesn't. I thought that was clear. 

I wasn't talking about what his intent was. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    MayDay10 said:
    And you know this how?  Dallas made the finals last season and missed the playoffs.  That’s how parity work.  Toronto May only have a 3 year window… Mathews contract is up in 3 and will be a highly sought after free agent…and if shanahan was such a great hockey executive why would he bring in choker joe Thornton…when the games count joe disappears more time than not…not too mention that meathead Simmons..
    Dude, Simmer is awesome.  What is your issue with him?
    He can do everything.  Great teammate, everywhere he goes the guys love him.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Well Dallas got smoked in the finals and then put into a division where the top three completely overwhelmed them.  In fairness, the COVID stuff stifled any momentum, but still they were only playing for 4th place to start the season. 
  • Options
    Hey @HughFreakingDillon  what’s the story on Winnipeg attendance?  I don’t see two people sitting next to each other.  Did they only sell singles or can you not even sit next to the person with whom you came?