2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,412
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Spoiled Boston fans leaving early. Losers. Stay and salute the champs and see the Cup
    WTF? Seems like a full stadium to me while the cup is hoisted. Get glasses or throw your hatred down.
    After the 4th goal lots were going for exits. Watch the replay. I love seeing the Cup and the players passing it around. Don’t get missing it
    I watched the cup being hoisted and I could see a full stadium. People head for the exits all the time. Me? I’d stay. And for the record, the Bruins were totally outplayed and it was evident in the first 5 minutes. They sucked. Congrats to the blues as they played their game well. But?

Are you serious that there was only one penalty in a game 7 and it’s a puck in the stands? Seriously? That’s bullshit. You either call 1 every game all series or you call it tight every game all series. Or, pre-game, the refs tell the locker room, play on. It’s the same in the NFL, NBA and NHL. MLB is tougher but it becomes the strike zone. Spread the wealth, avoid the dynasty, TB12 is going to be driven. 
    Most NHL game 7, finals or not...the refs generally put whistle, same with the OT...and I can guarantee, as long as it is not a blatant penalty, the players have no problem with refs letting the players decide the game...and I thought the refs were excellent tonight.
    Just like home game 7 is a lock? 
    And your point is?  Boston had the momentum coming back.  Played a good 1st and got behind by 1 and gave up a goal with 8 seconds left in period 1, that's a no-no and bigger no in a winner take all game (was that the goal Marchand may an untimely exit to the bench?)...once that 2nd one went in St. Louis had them...they get the lead, great goaltending, great defence...and it's laughable that you call them dirty...LMFA0
    Were you not waxing poetic and extolling the virtues of home ice advantage in a final game of a series recently?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Spoiled Boston fans leaving early. Losers. Stay and salute the champs and see the Cup
    WTF? Seems like a full stadium to me while the cup is hoisted. Get glasses or throw your hatred down.
    After the 4th goal lots were going for exits. Watch the replay. I love seeing the Cup and the players passing it around. Don’t get missing it
    I watched the cup being hoisted and I could see a full stadium. People head for the exits all the time. Me? I’d stay. And for the record, the Bruins were totally outplayed and it was evident in the first 5 minutes. They sucked. Congrats to the blues as they played their game well. But?

Are you serious that there was only one penalty in a game 7 and it’s a puck in the stands? Seriously? That’s bullshit. You either call 1 every game all series or you call it tight every game all series. Or, pre-game, the refs tell the locker room, play on. It’s the same in the NFL, NBA and NHL. MLB is tougher but it becomes the strike zone. Spread the wealth, avoid the dynasty, TB12 is going to be driven. 
    Most NHL game 7, finals or not...the refs generally put whistle, same with the OT...and I can guarantee, as long as it is not a blatant penalty, the players have no problem with refs letting the players decide the game...and I thought the refs were excellent tonight.
    Just like home game 7 is a lock? 
    And your point is?  Boston had the momentum coming back.  Played a good 1st and got behind by 1 and gave up a goal with 8 seconds left in period 1, that's a no-no and bigger no in a winner take all game (was that the goal Marchand may an untimely exit to the bench?)...once that 2nd one went in St. Louis had them...they get the lead, great goaltending, great defence...and it's laughable that you call them dirty...LMFA0
    Were you not waxing poetic and extolling the virtues of home ice advantage in a final game of a series recently?
    Well, Dude, that is why teams fight so hard to get home ice...it worked for 3 rounds for the Bruins.  Might have worked in Game 7, except Marchand could not finish the final 10 seconds of his shift allowing Pietrangelo to walk right in, or was that a different Bruin.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Actually, that was just a dumb line change by the Bruins...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    incredible dud of a game
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Has anybody checked on Brett Hull?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    DewieCox said:
    Has anybody checked on Brett Hull?
    He's definitely spooning a hooker as we speak.  The question is whether it's in an alley or not.  
    Brett Hull...shit I was starting to worry about Binnington's father...at one point the CBC announcer said: "breathe"...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The Bruins outshot the blues 12-4 in the 1st and were still down 2-0. the Bruins outshot them 33-20 overall.  The Bruins fell victim to great goaltending, and on the other end giving up 4 goals on 20 shots is no recipe for winning game 7.  And there were numerous really good scoring chances for the Bruins in the 2nd and 3rd ... not as many as the 1st...they had chances.  The Blues goalie showed to win a Stanley Cup...

A good recap here...

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/st-louis-blues-boston-bruins-20190612#/Recap

And the Bruins responded, dominating for long stretches of time except in the way that mattered most.
    The Blues had just one shot on goal heading into the final minutes of the first period, but they scored first when O'Reilly deflected a shot from Jay Bouwmeester into the net. Then with just 8 seconds left in the period and Bruins forward Brad Marchand tentative on a line change, Pietrangelo beat Rask to make it 2-0.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    edited June 2019

This hilarious closed captioning is about the only thing worthwhile about the Blues winning the Cup that I can muster.  Congrats but also fuck the Blues.

This hilarious closed captioning is about the only thing worthwhile about the Blues winning the Cup that I can muster.  Congrats but also fuck the Blues.
    What's to hate about the Blues?
    The Bruins outshot the blues 12-4 in the 1st and were still down 2-0. the Bruins outshot them 33-20 overall.  The Bruins fell victim to great goaltending, and on the other end giving up 4 goals on 20 shots is no recipe for winning game 7.  And there were numerous really good scoring chances for the Bruins in the 2nd and 3rd ... not as many as the 1st...they had chances.  The Blues goalie showed to win a Stanley Cup...

A good recap here...

And the Bruins responded, dominating for long stretches of time except in the way that mattered most.
    The Blues had just one shot on goal heading into the final minutes of the first period, but they scored first when O'Reilly deflected a shot from Jay Bouwmeester into the net. Then with just 8 seconds left in the period and Bruins forward Brad Marchand tentative on a line change, Pietrangelo beat Rask to make it 2-0.
    That's about it.  Bruins were better on the ice but Binnington was the best goalie.  It always seems to come down to that, doesn't it?  And watching Marchand with his weak ass stick poke and then skating off the ice as Blues scores was beautiful.  Could not have happened to a nicer guy. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    mrussel1 said:

They call St. Louis home.
    mrussel1 said:

They call St. Louis home.
    Is this a Cardinals thing?  Are you a Cubs fan or something?  I know it can't be about the (former) Rams...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

A good recap here...

That stat generally tells us that the losing team's offense did their job, but that the goalie and defense didn't. And while that is somewhat true, it doesn't tell the entire story in this case. Most of the B's shots weren't really shots, meaning the potential scorer didn't really shoot the puck; they kind of just lobbed it at Binnington a lot. He barely had to move to make most of his 33 saves.

I wrote it here after the first: The B's should've put Halak in to start the second. He couldn't have done any worse than Rask, and it would've lit a fire under their defense to do better. Cassidy is a player's coach, though, so that wasn't going to happen.
    I SAW PEARL JAM

That is actually "fuckin eh"...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,615
    dankind said:

A good recap here...

That stat generally tells us that the losing team's offense did their job, but that the goalie and defense didn't. And while that is somewhat true, it doesn't tell the entire story in this case. Most of the B's shots weren't really shots, meaning the potential scorer didn't really shoot the puck; they kind of just lobbed it at Binnington a lot. He barely had to move to make most of his 33 saves.

I wrote it here after the first: The B's should've put Halak in to start the second. He couldn't have done any worse than Rask, and it would've lit a fire under their defense to do better. Cassidy is a player's coach, though, so that wasn't going to happen.

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

mrussel1 said:

A good recap here...

That's about it.  Bruins were better on the ice but Binnington was the best goalie.  It always seems to come down to that, doesn't it?  And watching Marchand with his weak ass stick poke and then skating off the ice as Blues scores was beautiful.  Could not have happened to a nicer guy. 
    The Marchand skating off is where the Bruins lost the game ... it is never good giving up late goals, even worse when you are a bonehead...I guess this loss will live with Marchand forever, he said...LOL...agreed could not happen to better guy.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    dankind said:

A good recap here...

Man, I saw some great saves by Binnington.  I thought he played exceptional.  I also thought the Blues defense played the best game of the series.  They knocked down so many shots, protecting Binnington and allowing him to come up big at the right time.  It was a great defensive effort all the way around by the Blues.  
    ed243421 said:
    dankind said:

A good recap here...

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

A good recap here...

The Bruins had plenty of good chances.  They did not capitalize...they had what looked like sure goals a few times, only to be robbed.  Personally, giving up the goal with 8 seconds was where the game was lost...but the Bruins had chances.  The Blues also blocked 17 shots, the Blues had more hits than the Bruins but not an overwhelmingly big difference.  The Blues wanted more and in many cases, in a game 7, that's what matters most sometimes.

The Blues won where it mattered most on the scoreboard.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

A good recap here...

Man, I saw some great saves by Binnington.  I thought he played exceptional.  I also thought the Blues defense played the best game of the series.  They knocked down so many shots, protecting Binnington and allowing him to come up big at the right time.  It was a great defensive effort all the way around by the Blues.  
    Binnington was spectacular when he needed to be, but he wasn't really tested 33 times in game 7. Maybe 6 of the B's shots were actual shots that he had to fight off; the rest were sweet, easy passes right to him.

The Blues were awesome. It was fun to watch them win, even if the game was pretty boring by SCF game 7 standards.

My daughter is a Bruins fan, so I let her stay up to watch for a while. I'm glad that she fell asleep before it really got away from them.

Let's Go Rangers in 2019-20!!!!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Also, the best saves of the series for the B's came from players other than Rask -- namely, Krejci, McAvoy and Chara.

https://youtu.be/jNi8zd-c8kY

https://youtu.be/g7H6pkpOFag

https://youtu.be/6JXjBkzLWvg

That's not saying that Rask wasn't terrific -- just an observation.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Congrats to the Blues. Fun playoffs, seeing a lot of the favorites knocked off early. Teams got hot.  Blues went fro worst to first over the season, nice story. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Also, the best saves of the series for the B's came from players other than Rask -- namely, Krejci, McAvoy and Chara.

https://youtu.be/jNi8zd-c8kY

https://youtu.be/g7H6pkpOFag

https://youtu.be/6JXjBkzLWvg

That's not saying that Rask wasn't terrific -- just an observation.
    If he wins game 7, he was going to win the Conn Smythe Trophy...that usually means you've been terific...there was even talk that he could win it if they lost...obviously not if you give up 4 goals in game7.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I love the "Fuck St. Louis" and the attack on how midwesterners talk. YOU ROOT FOR BOSTON!!! YOU'RE IN NO POSITION TO TALK DOWN ON ANY REGION'S WICKED AWESOME DIALECT!!
    If it's a Cardinals thing. Yeah, a lot of Cardinals fans suck. I love the Cardinals and they drive me crazy. The percentage of moronic Blues fans compared to Cardinals fans is much less. No question about it. Yes. They're from racist Missouri. Let me know what town doesn't have newly entitled and vocal racists in the last 3 years. 
    You're really coming across as a bitter homer. I'm sorry you invested $6M/year in David Backes. He represents everything that I hate about Blues fans. He would be one hell of a shitty politician. He says the right sound bites that get the bottom dwellers of society to agree with him. Oh, and he loves dogs- so they eat that shit up too. You guys were stupid to give him that money. Don't blame us though. We beat you. It's pretty simple.
    I love the "Fuck St. Louis" and the attack on how midwesterners talk. YOU ROOT FOR BOSTON!!! YOU'RE IN NO POSITION TO TALK DOWN ON ANY REGION'S WICKED AWESOME DIALECT!!
    If it's a Cardinals thing. Yeah, a lot of Cardinals fans suck. I love the Cardinals and they drive me crazy. The percentage of moronic Blues fans compared to Cardinals fans is much less. No question about it. Yes. They're from racist Missouri. Let me know what town doesn't have newly entitled and vocal racists in the last 3 years. 
    You're really coming across as a bitter homer. I'm sorry you invested $6M/year in David Backes. He represents everything that I hate about Blues fans. He would be one hell of a shitty politician. He says the right sound bites that get the bottom dwellers of society to agree with him. Oh, and he loves dogs- so they eat that shit up too. You guys were stupid to give him that money. Don't blame us though. We beat you. It's pretty simple.
    I have a cousin who has been a Blues fan for 52 years.  My cousin did the sports at a local radio station in Windsor, Ontario and met Dan Kelley before the Blues entered the league...and that is how he became a Blues fan...and his 2 boys are huge Blues fans as well...everytime they watched the games as a family the Blues lost, last night they watched the game in separate  locations...the Blues won...

The Blues won, they play tough, physical no-nonsense hockey, almost like you had 15 Canadians in your lineup last night..and great goaltending to boot.  What these announcer fails to mention is that maybe the Blues were short on NHL Stanley Final experience, but these Canadian kids have played in Memorials Cup, WJ tournaments and many more big tournaments before they reach the NHL...

A fine example is Rob Thomas...he has won 2 Memorial Cups, WJ Championship and now is a Stanley Cup Champion and he is still a teenager... 
    Give Peas A Chance…